Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Talking To Trees Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you talk to trees ?
  Yep ;3
  Nope...
  They can't talk >:(
View Results

LRGG1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:56 pm
Oh trees are FAR easier to listen and talk to then the other things I have mentioned. Shells aren't my favorite things to talk to anyway. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:50 pm
Of course trees talk; they are alive. Personally, I was not blessed with the gift to understand them, beyond quiet empathy. My sister hears them really well.  

RubyLight

LRGG1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:36 pm
RubyLight
Personally, I was not blessed with the gift to understand them, beyond quiet empathy.

Same here.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:55 am
Walk up to a tree and say hello(for good nature).
Place you hand on the trunk and concentrate on your element.
Ask yourself, " Is it a boy or a girl?" The answer should come swiftly.
Concentrate/meditate everytime before and after you do it, focusing on your element. Talking to trees is easy, once you get the hang of it, but be aware that some are very rude ^^;
Finding out what their gender is is not only important for establishing a good mood between you and the tree, but it's the easiest thing for a beginner.

Good luck ^^v  

Ringwiln

Radioactive Freezer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:18 pm
I can talk to trees. I've been talking to trees since I was little so it comes natural to me. The trees around my house are really nice. But the trees around my college are so mean. I don't like talking to them at all. And it doesn't help the fact that I can always hear trees. So with that I'm in a bit of a bind.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:21 am
I've always felt very connected to trees... it never even occurred to me they could talk to us. D: I always felt that trees had some kind of "personality," though.

I'll have to try that sometime. 3nodding I hope I can get something! ^^

o sunflower king

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:18 am
i need to work on my tree speak.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:20 pm
i havn't tried it recently, but i have found that i can go up to a tree, especially if it is one i know well (in my yard or somthing) i can recieve impressions from them.  

Aryain Flames

School_chick1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:29 pm
I can hear trees but for me, a tree has more of a song then a voice.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:58 pm
I had a personal relationship with a couple of trees near my parents' house.

One was a crab apple that we though was dead, or close to it. When we arrived there in the summer of 1990, it was dried up and barely alive. I still played on it, climbing, pretending it's outstretched branch was a fort. In the following years, it returned to full health with beautiful blossoms and bearing fruit that was heavily sought by birds and squirrels. When developers came a couple years ago, they had a bulldozer destroy the roots so that they could remove the tree. I was so upset that I yelled at the poor operator and upset him. He didn't finish bulldozing, someone else did. I still miss that tree.

The other is a silver maple that my dad planted shortly after we moved in. While I was visiting my grandmother, lightning had struck the sapling and apparently killed it. But when I got back, there was a shoot coming off the main trunk. I refused to let my dad dig up the tree, believing that it had a right to live if it was willing to fight for it. He said it'd never get as tall as it originally would have. My swing set was right beside it, so over years I played beside it, watched it grow, talked to it, sang to it. Now it's taller than the ranch house and still growing. It my parents' pride now, being the only shade tree they have and the draw of all sorts of wildlife. Every time I'm near it, I just feel an overwhelming sense of comfort. Like a greeting from a best friend. I absolutely love that tree, especially since she now shelters my best friend in his grave, a cat named Tigger.

Yeah, I know, major sob stories, but that's how I view trees and other plants. Their sentient on a different level than other creatures and still capable of creating bonds with others. I'm already beginning to get attached to a Miss Kim lilac that I planted this past fall. I'm not sure about my hydrangea or butterfly bush yet. There just isn't as much earth spirit energy course through my current area as my parents' place. Though the stream there has died to a trickle since the little sinkhole was developed into an area for rental cracker-jack houses.

AiRune

IceQueenMizore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:31 pm
Laura Lobotomy
I personally believe that trees possess spirits/souls. I just can't see them as completely inanimate.

....me too...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:36 am
It is definitely possible to speak to the tree spirits, I am one that can. I can feel their pain while being murdered, hear their cry's. Sometimes it's nice to know what they want other times it can be unbearable. I was always taught that if you needed something from the tree you had to leave a gift of tobacco or sage, or sweet grass and ask it's permission. And thank it for it's sacrifice.  

Angelbaby In Love

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:54 am
Fairy Queen Tatyana
It is definitely possible to speak to the tree spirits, I am one that can. I can feel their pain while being murdered, hear their cry's. Sometimes it's nice to know what they want other times it can be unbearable. I was always taught that if you needed something from the tree you had to leave a gift of tobacco or sage, or sweet grass and ask it's permission. And thank it for it's sacrifice.

And...what do you do if leaving Native American offerings is totally innappropriate, either to the tree or to your path? Why are you entitled to Native spirituality? Have you thought about it?

Somehow, taking a live branch from a tree and then throwing some dried herbs at it just doesn't seem very kind, considering what the tree just did for you.

If I leave trees offerings, it's clean water to their roots, or maybe a fertilizer spike or two into the ground beside them.

In general, I think people take "talking to trees" too literally, and really just can't hear them that way. I know I wouldn't hear them, if I was expecting words.

Trees are slow. They just don't move at the same speed as us - we're spinning at 78, they're going at 45. It takes time to hear what they're saying, in their leaves and creaking limbs and trunks. Sitting under trees and doing nothing is a good way to get to know their voices.

The rest of tree-talk is pretty much pure empathy, like much of spirit communication tends to be. They're difficult to understand without it, and obviously you need to be able to tell the difference between empathy and having a strong enough imagination that you're making the tree talk yourself.

And really...not all trees are interested in us. We're small, nattering things who move around and chop them down for the smallest excuses, or wholesale harvest them for paper products and wood.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:39 pm
I can put my hand on a tree and feel it's energy, but I can't communicate with it. confused  

Conan The Barbie Doll

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:39 pm
i've 'talked' to 2 trees in my life. the first one was a massive old oak tree, it had been beside my family's house for many many years. the branches were so big and long that they formed a huge dome-shaped canopy that covered the carport, my sand box, swingset trampoline and a small corner of the house. i spent many many hours and days under the tree, just listening and watching. i felt that it was very protective of our family and home. i miss that tree.

the second was a weeping willow, i didn't actually talk to it so much as it sang to me (it was a very windy day) it was a brief meeting (only a day) but it was stil nice smile  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games