Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
We Were There

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:16 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:18 pm
Story

Nanami Takashi falls for Motoharu Yano, the most popular, carefree boy in class. For Nanami, it's first love, but Yano is still grieving the death of his girlfriend who died the year before.

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:19 pm
Creator

Yuki Obata's debut manga, Raindrops, won the Shogakukan Shinjin Comics Taisho Kasaku Award in 1998. Her current series, We Were There (Bokura ga Ita), won the 50th Shogakukan Manga Award. We Were There was also adapted into an animated television series in 2006.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:20 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 16 volumes
Status in US :: 15/16 released

User Image
Volume 1
Nanami starts high school with high hopes of making lots of friends. She develops a crush on the enigmatic Yano, but he may have too many secrets for her to handle.

User Image
Volume 2
You know, that guy...He doesn't seem to need anybody else. I don't know how to put it, but...No matter how much we talk or what we do...It doesn't reach him.

User Image
Volume 3
Every day, all day, I think about him. I wonder if there's a limit to love? I'm no longer able to imagine a world without him.

User Image
Volume 4
It's not regret. I just feel that......maybe I messed up a bit...That's all.

User Image
Volume 5
In love, timing is everything. If you can't convey your feelings at that crucial moment, even fate will pass you by.

User Image
Volume 6
What would be a present that's better than your past? It's simply this...You're here, and I'm here.

User Image
Volume 7
I know what Yano was like before he started going out with my sister…And what he was like after she died. How he held the tears back and looked as if he wanted to die…I understand him a whole lot better than you.

User Image
Volume 8
I don't know if I'm following my fate……or going against it. But there is one thing I want……and that is for Yano's wish to come true.

User Image
Volume 9
In my memory I link together fragments from the past when we were together...to create a clear image of him in my mind. But I no longer know if that image is really him. That moment I see in my mind may have never existed.

User Image
Volume 10
In my memory I link together fragments from the past when we were together......to create a clear image of him in my mind. But I no longer know if that image is really him. That moment I see in my mind may have never existed.

User Image
Volume 11
There's a fine line between strength and weakness. Everyone needs something to hold on to......just to live life.

User Image
Volume 12
I love you. That's why I promised myself......the next time we meet...I'll never let you go.

User Image
Volume 13
I'm 24 years old......but I still feel the same as I did at 17. I can feel the waves rushing toward me. This time I'm going to let the current take me. I'm going to chase after you like a child.

User Image
Volume 14
When you're in love, once you hit the switch...…one can really say...…what will truly happen. The impossible may even become possible.

User Image
Volume 15
More than anything else...you must have wanted...to live up to Nanami's expectations.

Volume 16 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

kel aka gandy
Captain

Kanna_chisamii

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:56 pm
I love this series! heart
Once you get into this series, its just something you have to keep following (at least, I think...) And its also really sad... It kinda reminded me of "Sand Chronicles" whee  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games