Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Your Favourite Novel!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Type of Novel
  Horror
  Adventure
  Mystery
  Sci-Fi
  Thriller
  Humour
  Romance
  Historical
View Results

Bone Her

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:43 pm
Please list your favorite novel or book in general and tell us why you think it's such a great piece of literature. I suppose I'll begin.

My favorite novel is "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde. It's about a painter who creates a painting of a handsome friend of his. The man who stood for the painting was named Dorian Gray, a young man with the innocence of a child. The painting, by some magic, stops Dorian from aging away allowing him to keep his youthful beauty where the painting ages as well as shows smirks or cringes in his personality. Oscar Wilde creates an environment where you can see the entire world anew. Dorian spends his life discovering the passions of life as his friends age, he remains untouched but something a bit dark about his presence later on in the novel.

That was fun, now it's your turn!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:14 am
The most recent book that I really enjoyed is "Clan of the Cave Bear" by Jean Auel. It is the story of a young Cro-Magnon girl named Alya who is adopted by a clan of Neanderthals and her life growing up with them. I kind of like it because the story depicts what it might have been like to live during the prehistoric era in the area that we know as middle europe, just north of Italy.  

wolfen26

Conservative Werewolf

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Jacob 100

xXgoth_girl12Xx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:57 am
Any novel with--
Horror
Adventure
Mystery
Sci-Fi
Thriller
and of course, a little bit of--
Humour

In other words-
Artemis Fowl.
It suits almost all of my needs.
Redwall and Twilight do as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:20 pm
My favorite book is Flipped. I am just lured into it, it is magically seductive biggrin , I have read this book five times, and I just love everything from the cover to the back. The ending is so sweet. I really love this book.  

Wiianddsfan

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:51 pm
Jeesh, I can't even decide. There are so many...
I guess I'll just name the book I happen to be reading at the moment. Let's see...
OH MY GOD, I'm not in the middle of a book right now!!! This must be immediately rectified, or the world as we know it will end. Or I'll suffer severe, permanent mental damage, which I find equally terrifying. Be right back...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:04 pm
Crisis averted- I have officially started re-reading The King Of Attolia.
Whew. Scared myself for a second, there.  

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Annikaya

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:34 am
My favorite book is "Villians By Necessity." A group consisting of an assassin, a thief, a dark sorceress, a black knight, a centaur, and a druid set out to save the world from the good guys. It's your traditional exciting fantasy novel but it also makes you think about what makes someone good or evil.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:11 pm
My favourite book is The Fade by Chris Wooding. I love Chris Wooding's writing style and how he flashes back into the past to develop the characters. He perfectly avoids cliche and the ending of the book is so amazing and unexpected, I can't get over it. It's a must read.  

Houra

ShastaBaer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:09 pm
My favourite book is currently Before I Die, by Jenny Downham. I loved the writing style. I cried from about the end of the first quarter of the book to the finish, and it's one of the few sad books that I've ever stuck with.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:10 am
I can't decide between Rumo and The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear, both by my favourite author Walter Moers, and translated by John Brownjohn. Bluebear is more consistently excellent, but I prefer the protagonist and the climax of Rumo.

I also adore the Pagan series by Catherine Jinks. Having nothing to do with pagans at all, it's a first person narrative by a witty Templar squire called Pagan.

Ithaya

Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff