Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
Wario Land: Shake it !! (Wii) o.O

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
Developer(s) Good-feel
Publisher(s) Nintendo
Platform(s) Wii
Release date JP July 24, 2008[1]
EU September 26, 2008[2]
NA September 29, 2008
AUS TBA

wikipedia
Wario Land: The Shake Dimension (known as Wario Land: Shake It! in North America) is a video game for the Wii video game console. It is the sixth game to be released in the Wario Land series.

According to a scan of a Japanese leaflet[3], Wario Land: The Shake Dimension will follow the graphical style as presented in the earlier games from the Wario Land series on Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Virtual Boy, and Game Boy Advance. The Wii Remote will also be held in a traditional way (sideways) and the player will have to shake the remote to attack enemies and perform special moves. Such moves have included grabbing items and enemies and shaking them to produce coins, or perhaps even holding onto a rope and shaking up and down in order to flip upwards.

The game will be developed by the relatively unknown Japanese company Good-feel, Co. Ltd.[1], headed by the former CEO of the now-defunct Konami Computer Entertainment Kobe branch Shigeharu Umezaki [2]. It will also include several animated cutscenes in order to tell the story of the game, done by famed anime studio Production I.G.[4]

Video Link (Anime Intro): http://youtube.com/watch?v=p8xWbovROzk&feature=related
IGN Link: http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14256709.html
Game play footage: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-EHzxCeg6fo&feature=related

Just found bout this 10 mins ago and I dont think anyone knows bout this yet ...but not sure so thought I'd post it anyway  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:01 pm
Discuss plz biggrin  

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Brandisher 100

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:04 pm
Doesn't surprise me. Hopefully it'll be more worthwhile than the first wario ware wii game.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:04 pm
nitnit
Doesn't surprise me. Hopefully it'll be more worthwhile than the first wario ware wii game.

Hey, the wario ware game was a blast if you had a group of people to play with. I won't deny that some of the features were lame, but having your Hitlar Mii running an obstacle course, and shooting fruit at a giant nose was far too much fun. That, and I base my convention cosplay off that Wario, so I'm a pretty big fan of it.

Wario ware is meant to be a series of demented mini-games intended to do little more than be a diversion from the harder nintendo games.

Shiguya

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:32 pm
I still don't really see why I would buy it instead of rent it once or twice to play with friends...

Also there aren't many Nintendo games that are "hardcore" domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:55 pm
Nintendo has been a very family oriented system even from the beginning. Aside from the occasional violent/mature/gross/crude game, a majority of their official releases (as the NES and one on the SNES I know of was hacked) have been pretty mild. Simply put: Nintendo is a softer, kinder system catering to the younger audiences, with some titles (the resident evil series, perfect dark I think, and Goldeneye) being aimed at the teen and up community.

Arguably, Nintendo has let some pretty wrong things through (if anyone remembers Conker's bad fur day, you'll get my point). There's also the resident evil series (which frankly is so-so at first, but with RE4, we finally saw a nice break from the painful camera angles and irritating lack of ammo (I want to kill everything, or at least have the option to. Doing some leg work is fine, but don't stick me with a really cool shotgun and only a few dozen shells.. I mean come on, it's a huge city: someone must have had a cache lying around.) anyway), and probably a few others that elude me at the moment.

Wario ware is iffy yes, but... I guess it's kind of a cult classic for me: I like Wario, and it's nice to see him get a few spin off games (I'd rather have another wario land, but... I haven't heard good things about the newer ones. 1 was good, 2 was okay... and it seemed to go downhill from there).

Shiguya

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:15 pm
nitnit

Were you the one who played that with me? The first one was pretty lame. Would have been alright to kill time if they took out those stupid cut scenes. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:20 pm
Wario huh.. stare  

Vampevil

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:47 pm
well Im happy dis wasnt a wii ware title  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 pm
Jonnnn
nitnit

Were you the one who played that with me? The first one was pretty lame. Would have been alright to kill time if they took out those stupid cut scenes. stare

Yes that was me. I got stuck on the disco guy with the cats. And I kept on physically jumping when I didnt need to for that boss battle thing.  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:13 pm
Shiguya
Nintendo has been a very family oriented system even from the beginning. Aside from the occasional violent/mature/gross/crude game, a majority of their official releases (as the NES and one on the SNES I know of was hacked) have been pretty mild. Simply put: Nintendo is a softer, kinder system catering to the younger audiences, with some titles (the resident evil series, perfect dark I think, and Goldeneye) being aimed at the teen and up community.

Arguably, Nintendo has let some pretty wrong things through (if anyone remembers Conker's bad fur day, you'll get my point). There's also the resident evil series (which frankly is so-so at first, but with RE4, we finally saw a nice break from the painful camera angles and irritating lack of ammo (I want to kill everything, or at least have the option to. Doing some leg work is fine, but don't stick me with a really cool shotgun and only a few dozen shells.. I mean come on, it's a huge city: someone must have had a cache lying around.) anyway), and probably a few others that elude me at the moment.

Wario ware is iffy yes, but... I guess it's kind of a cult classic for me: I like Wario, and it's nice to see him get a few spin off games (I'd rather have another wario land, but... I haven't heard good things about the newer ones. 1 was good, 2 was okay... and it seemed to go downhill from there).

Nintendo didn't make resident evil, conker's bad fur day, goldeneye, or perfect dark. Rare made most of those, and RE didnt even really start showing up on nintendo systems until gamecube (not to mention now we get lame rail shooters/remakes instead of RE5 since wii isn't advanced enough...)

So my point of Nintendo not making many hardcore games stands. LoZ is NOT hardcore. Those games are not hard. You just need a lot of exploration/patience or a strategy guide. Pokemon is NOT hard. Fire Emblem USA is NOT hard, unless you put it on hard mode. Mario games after the first few are NOT hard. Advance Wars is NOT hard. Super Smash Bros is NOT hardcore at all compared to Street Fighter.

The closest thing nintendo has to hardcore is Metroid. I'm not saying these games are comparatively difficult to something like Ninja Gaiden, but they can be a challenge (particularly prime series)

And yes, I know those games for the most part are great, but great games do not always equate to being hardcore. The few "edgy violent" games you're speaking of are mostly third party company made, and you left out most of the ones that are really worth mentioning xD

Also, Rare has always been controversial (or usually are) to some extent, that's how they are, so that shouldn't be a surprise.  
Nintendo Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games