Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
What makes a game good? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good and Wicked Deity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:34 pm
-Music - Music helps set the mood for games.
-Unique - A game has to be unique in someway.
-Simple Controls - Without this, most games would suck cause you can't play it.
-Story - It helps a game move along. (Of course, a classic like mario wouldn't need one)
-Addictive  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:16 pm
I'd agree with the above post, except music can often just be average and a game can be good.  

nitnit
Captain

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:03 am
I Once played a really awful game just because the music was excellent! On the other hand, I once switched off a game in the first 5 minutes because the controls sucked!

I like it when a game allows you to customise the controls and the camera, it really helps when you don't like the default configuration.

Likable characters are somewhat important, (it helps if they are attractive 3nodding )

Repetition is really bad in a game, especially nowadays with such diverse stories being made. Variety is definitely needed in games. One example of repetition being bad is in Assassin's Creed. I felt like I had completed every single mission in the same way, and the story was so good!

If I had to put my gaming requirements in order it would probably be:
1) good controls/camera
2) variety in gameplay
3) good story
4) replay-ability
5) good music
6) likeable characters
7) a game that takes more than 8 hours to beat  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:16 pm
Couldn't you just buy the soundtrack of the awful game?  

nitnit
Captain

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:06 pm
nitnit
Couldn't you just buy the soundtrack of the awful game?

Game is too awful to release a soundtrack, game is too awful for anyone to own and rip the music! crying Believe me, I have looked.

The game was bad because it had bad controls/camera, was repetitive, and was insanely difficult at times. Now, I love hard games, but there were occasions where it was just ridiculous!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:51 pm
l2steal music files yourself with a ROM?  

nitnit
Captain

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:18 pm
nitnit
l2steal music files yourself with a ROM?

Believe it or not, I have tried... I cannot seem to find a good free software. I downloaded one, but it was in Japanese! The game was on psone so it is probably too old for anyone to care.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Well if you're going to pirate the game, may as well pirate the music extracting software.  

nitnit
Captain

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:38 pm
nitnit
Well if you're going to pirate the game, may as well pirate the music extracting software.

Who said anything about pirating the game? Hehe, I own the original copy of said game, just no good music extraction software... notice I have never mentioned the name of the game, I am too freaking embarrassed! redface 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:18 pm
I still insist you pirate the music extraction software. Contribute to anarchy!  

nitnit
Captain

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas