Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Archives
Card Tiering

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:06 pm
Ok, so we all want to be close to our average card powers (currently something close to what tyhoon has until we make some sets and play a couple test games and see how long they take)

However, what's the point of unloading a ton of points for booster packs or trading a hoard for a rare card if it's just rarer than the rest? Unless you're some sort of insane collector there is none unless we go with this system.

With card tiering there will be 4 tiers of cards:

Poor
Average
Strong
Legendary

Now, naturally a legendary card will have a significant advantage over a poor or even average card. Because of this we will only have rare or legendary cards in booster packs, the latter only being available when the odds of getting one are very slim.

That is not to say that it is impossible to beat a deck of legendary cards (assuming someone could assemble one...) with a deck of average cards. In fact, if the average deck had good synergy the legendary deck would probably be at a disadvantage.

My point is, unless you plan on making a card very easy to acquire (maybe you receive multiple in a starter deck guarenteed), or very difficult, don't make it weaker or stronger than the average card.

Also, this is not to be confused with creature strength! A high cost average creature will in most cases still be much more powerful than a low cost cheap legendary creature.

That's all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:23 am
Should I begin Placing a tiering note in my development?  

LV Solace

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:33 pm
Yes.  
Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items