Submit

Lady Adokenai

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:49 pm
*cringes* good thing I opened that box...

here's the story- I was cleaning up my altar for Mabon and I had this wooden box; in it, I had things I'd collected a month or 2 ago for my Mabon altar/offerings. there were acorns, cicada shells and moneyplant seeds. so I open it and I'm sifting through it when something white and wiggly catches my eye. no. sick. no. That's right, folks- I had maggots in there.
I went pale and closed the box up, brought it downstairs and tossed the contents outside. "well that's not a common occurence," I thought.

I was wondering if maggots had any symbolism or anything. did the apperance of maggots mean something? it probably sounds rediculous to some of you, but I believe there is meaning and symbolism in everything.

any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:47 pm
Maggots are usually associated with death, which is natural- they are born and grow out of which is dead/rotting.  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:06 pm
Well, Mabon is a harvest festival. At this time of yearm the zodiac shifts to Scorpio, and planets have undertones of death and transformation. The maggot could be seen as a reinforcement of this. The trnasforminf agent which takes the dead and past, using it and transforming it into something new.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:37 pm
Probably just that there were maggot eggs in one or two of the acorns. Think of it as the harvest supporting life. Even icky life.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:17 pm
Jishin
Probably just that there were maggot eggs in one or two of the acorns. Think of it as the harvest supporting life. Even icky life.
Fishies!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:09 pm
thanks all! Now that I'm reading what you all said, it makes perfect sense and I'm like, "oh, duh." just Nature wishing me a Merry Mabon, I guess. xd  

Lady Adokenai

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:33 pm
Adokenai Hitomi
thanks all! Now that I'm reading what you all said, it makes perfect sense and I'm like, "oh, duh." just Nature wishing me a Merry Mabon, I guess. xd
xd I think mine was a little more gentle. I was walking to work, and brushed up against one of the most vividly crimson leaves I've ever seen. It was also partly eaten by insects, which fits as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:19 am
I missed Mabon. crying  

xKelpiex

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:10 pm
KelpieMoonPriestess
I missed Mabon. crying
You technically never "miss" a time to celebrate: one can do it at any time that feels appropriate. I mean, you really have a whole season to celebrate the harvest. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:12 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Adokenai Hitomi
xd I think mine was a little more gentle. I was walking to work, and brushed up against one of the most vividly crimson leaves I've ever seen. It was also partly eaten by insects, which fits as well.

aww, that sounds pleasant! reminds me of all the stunning leaves I found in my local park. I pressed 'em and now they're even more stunning! 3nodding  

Lady Adokenai

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:39 pm
Adokenai Hitomi
Nihilistic Seraph
Adokenai Hitomi

aww, that sounds pleasant! reminds me of all the stunning leaves I found in my local park. I pressed 'em and now they're even more stunning! 3nodding
How do you press them? I'm vaguely aware of wax paper and stuff...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:42 pm
I wish the colors of leaves had started changing here already... everything is still green.... I like white though. I want winter. >_<  

liftedplane

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff