Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who here likes Jane?
  Me
  Why would we like her? *raises eyebrow*
View Results

Tea Room Terror

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:57 am
Sorry for a repeat thread, I looked the best I could.

We learned that a Vampire's gift is the most prominent feature that they had as a human. In New Moon we learned that Jane's gift was the power to torture people with her mind.

o_O

Does anyone have any theories as to why this became her gift? We never really learned anything about her past, but she must have had one heck of a childhood. My theory is that she saw some abuse or danger as a child, and her gift became the will to be dangerous back or protect herself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:19 pm
I really haven't thought about that much before. I don't necessarily agree with your theory, although I do think Jane went through something as a child. Considering she was changed so young, that might have also had an effect on her abilities.  

penandpaper67

Tea Room Terror

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:50 pm
penandpaper67
I really haven't thought about that much before. I don't necessarily agree with your theory, although I do think Jane went through something as a child. Considering she was changed so young, that might have also had an effect on her abilities.

I've thought about that too. I hope that in Breaking Dawn we learn some about the Volturi. There is a great mystery behind them. I've always wondered the difference between a small child and an older person when they are being transformed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:08 pm
interesting theory. i never eally thought bout jane too much, but i guess it makes sense what you said. how old was jane when she was changed? i know she was sorta young, but i never really thought twas very young...
and in answer to your question bout the difference between a child and a older person getting changed ( in my opinion), both would probably die ( if twere extreme ages). anywho, if it werent, younger vamps would probably more a**l (spelling!) (stubborn) in their ways/ thinking, thinking that theyre invincible, and so can get away with anything they want. wheras an older vamp would be more level-headed, thinking, rather than acting.  

papershelf i c i c l e s

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:19 pm
This is off the Lexicon Personal Corespondents in the FAQ part of this guild:

Quote:
Q. Are Jane and Alec related? How did they join the Volturi?

A. Alec is Jane’s twin brother. (I will not tell you what his gift is, only that it is more potent in battle than hers. He is one of the main reasons that the Volturi guard is invincible.) They were burned at the stake for witchcraft when Aro stepped in. (By "stepped in" I mean "slaughtered the whole village," of course). Aro already had his eye on these two, but he wanted to let them age before he took them. The villagers forced his hand, which sort of pissed him off. The shape Jane’s talent took was influenced by the fire she endured before Aro saved her.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:29 am
Thanks for the answer, and that does make sense. I would assume that something would have had to happen, otherwise she is just a torturous person.  

Tea Room Terror

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:42 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.
This is off the Lexicon Personal Corespondents in the FAQ part of this guild:

Quote:
Q. Are Jane and Alec related? How did they join the Volturi?

A. Alec is Jane’s twin brother. (I will not tell you what his gift is, only that it is more potent in battle than hers. He is one of the main reasons that the Volturi guard is invincible.) They were burned at the stake for witchcraft when Aro stepped in. (By "stepped in" I mean "slaughtered the whole village," of course). Aro already had his eye on these two, but he wanted to let them age before he took them. The villagers forced his hand, which sort of pissed him off. The shape Jane’s talent took was influenced by the fire she endured before Aro saved her.

Also featured in that corespondent was Alec, Jane's twin. Apparently Alec's gift is one of the more prominent reasons why the Volturi guard is feared.

Doesn't anyone want to know more about Alec?  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games