Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
AMVs? (:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ivory Cream Puff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:54 pm
Anybody here like AMVs? Or MADs, or any other kinda fanmade video.

(what's the difference between a MAD and an AMV?)

Also, I'm planning on making a Lucky Star AMV. But I only have the first 8 episodes. Anyone know where I can get RAW downloads? (The 8 episodes I have are from a link someone else posted here to download the english episodes) Downloads, not torrents >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:56 pm
I can't say I watch a lot of AMV. I have been interested in making one though, but I'm lazy. I always thought that MAD and AMV were the same thing, but Wikipedia disagrees.

Quote:
An Anime music video (AMV) is typically defined as a fan-made video using Japanese animation, set to an audio source (typically a song). That same definition applies to many MADs. As stated earlier though, MADs consist of much more than this. There are audio and image MADs, and even MADs that are unrelated to anime.

The main difference between AMVs and MADs though, is the fact that MADs are more like parodies. Instead of clips from anime series, MAD videos use similar effects found in opening or ending sequences of anime. Those effects tend to be synchronized with the music. Furthermore, MADs do not necessarily have to be anime related, where as AMVs are implied to require anime.

Currently, MADs have been originating from Japanese sources. The MAD community designates itself to be in Japanese exclusive only. This may implies that anime based music video of non-Japanese origin are deemed as non-MADs. This of course varies since some people also categorise them as MADs as long as they are in japanese language.

Wikipedia

I'll message you about some RAWs.  

00NINE-1
Crew

Ivory Cream Puff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:23 pm
Ah, thanks (:

I was asking because I could see the difference between some AMVs and MADs after watching videos on Japanese YouTube (since they have different styles) but I've also seen some videos labeled as MADs when they could work as AMVs as well *nod*  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:25 pm
Not So Common Cold
Ah, thanks (:

I was asking because I could see the difference between some AMVs and MADs after watching videos on Japanese YouTube (since they have different styles) but I've also seen some videos labeled as MADs when they could work as AMVs as well *nod*

how did you watch japanese you tube?????????  

kakashi_crazzy_13

Alchemic Kraehe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:53 am
AMVs?
I have some posted on youtube, but none of lucky star because i'd need clips... crying my other ones dont have clips but...idk where to get them....grrrr  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgRbqluoUbA

I'm sorry for using screenshots when you went through all the trouble of finding me downloads D: I couldn't use them.  

Ivory Cream Puff

nezuXkawaiiXmouse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:23 am
a friend of mine made me an amv! goo take a look! its on her profile! i think its cool but tell me wat u think 3nodding
http://gaiaonline.com/p/14466226  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:53 pm
I liked these two...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C1z7vM292g
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5371338311336451749&q=lucky+star&ei=_LGUSKq3F4SaqQKd5aHpBQ&hl=en
(Really long name, & it might streathch the screen, so I just made it smaller)
2nd one is funny as hell!  

Impmon51

Raka_Putra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:21 am

Well, these should be pretty fun  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:31 am
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

I really only have two worth showing.

This one and this one.

Yep, both were made by me.
...at least you have influence.

Onicept
Captain

Ivory Cream Puff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:27 pm
I do have other AMVs, however I'm going to assume that there isn't many people here that care about shojo anime O: it anybody here like Ouran, let me know and I'll post some AMVs (:  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:58 pm
Ever since geek squad replaced my hard drive i lost all my amv data that i was going to upload on youtube T.T but i did post some howl and sophie amvs smile

Here is my favorite one Howl & Sophie

You guys will recognize the intro song ;D lol  

T s u k i x D e s u

4,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers