Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
The Prophet and a Christain Monestary

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Um...poll
  hi
  gold
View Results

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:37 am

First off, can Muslims walk into other houses of worship?

I found this interesting piece of information concerning The Prophet Muhammad and St. Catherine Monastary

To sum it up: This is a monestary at the base of Mt. Sinai, where ancient Christians believed that the found the specific location where the burning bush existed, from which Moses had really met God.

The prophet ended up visiting the monestary (over the years after it was built, some of the people had married the beuodins and converted to Islam)
and had a special documation exempting them from religious persecution and taxes, and military service. This was respected for 5 centuries after that, and when threat of Muslim invasion grew, a mosque was built.

The place is known for the following:

-----The monastery’s library is most ancient in the Christian world and is considered second only to the Vatican’s library in terms of both the quantity and value of the collection.

-----It contains more than 3,000 manuscripts in many different languages, more than 5,000 early printed books, and more than 2,000 icons representing almost every school of Byzantine iconography from the 6th to the 18th century.

----The Codex Sinaiticus, the oldest complete Bible in existence, was once held there; most of it eventually made its way to England, but a few pages remain. In addition to the monastery, there are other holy sites in the area.

------Both a chapel and a mosque sit atop Mount Sinai, as well as a rock impression resembling a camel’s hoof, which Jebaliya traditionally regard as the mark of Muhammad’s camel.

It is also said that the HANDPRINT of the prophet was on the document, when he signed it.

There is your history lesson and question for the day. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:03 am
I suppose entering A Church or Temple wouldn't be "bad" unless you lived in some strict society where people are known to be Muslims but instead of actually going by the Qur'an they put their own views or are oppressive. Although that lesson is rather interesting.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:02 am
Entering another houses of worship for exp. church , is not haram [[ forbidden ]] unless u wanted to convert ,, but entering there in the goal of learning more and see what others are believing in '' is Okay '' .. and i personally went to an ancient church here at Jordan and it was marvelous from inside 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:03 pm
Ah, see i wasn't sure because I was told that Muslims couldn't enter a church, synagogue, ect. because, well, it's not a mosque  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

XeroRyn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:47 am
well yes we can...as long as we DONT actually want to follow the church prayer......and other relegion also welcome to the mosque for good purposes...like the state mosque of my place have a special robe to cover non-muslim woman who wish to enter the mosque  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:55 am
i really love to go to Mandir(temple of Hindus) and church... but mostly i get annoyed by the traditions Hindus follow... and there hardly is church in my city.. sad  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Pheonixia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:34 am
We are allowed to go to Jewish/Christian synagogue's or churches....

We ar enot allowed to go to a idolaters place of worship.........

In traditions it is said that before the Prophet (saw) turned and faced the Holy Mosque (Kab'ah) to pray.........he prayed facing the Temple at Jerusalem......

Also, Islam does not prohibit people from non-Muslim backgrounds to come to the mosque and pray.........

In traditions it is said that a specific Christian Monastery came to the Prophet with their people to debate religion........then it was time for them to pray and they got up to leave......the Prophet allowed them to pray in the mosque....  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games