Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Hi!! New person trying to join 'cause I can...I think.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can I join?
  Of course.
  Maaaybe...on one condition....
  No. You're an idiot who talks too much. Go away.
  Welcome to the Craft Room....guild....place...thing.
View Results

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:02 am
Hey. This seems like a cool place. Umm...I'm Sarah. 21 and I live in North Carolina. I love crafts and need more hobbies.
Uhh....forestnymph is what I call my 'conscience', and we're always leaving comments in our profiles...and I saw this thing...and decided I might come check it out.
Crafts I already do....um...I have a sewing teacher (who is also my best friend and second mom), name is Ginny. We sew togather every Tuesday...and sometimes I make curtains or purses to sell.
I make oragami....not really very good, but it's fun.
I like collages...my grandma taught me to knit, but life happened and I forgot, and now grandma's 90 and can barely do anything on her own.
I like writing and drawing if that counts. Forgive me for saying, but I am a fantastic writer. Um...I can show you some things I wrote if you like. Drawing...I'm not really that great at, but I love just trying it out every now and then.

That's pretty much it.
Oh hey. Something ya might wanna be aware of...
When I was 21 months old, I walked off the dock into Lake Michigan, drown and nearly died.
That's the short version. If you guys want the whole thing...I really don't mind talking about it at all.
Anyway, my brain was deprived of oxygen for quite a while and therefore, I have brain damage, witch means, I am a TBI child. TBI is Tramatic Brain Injury.
I have a tiny bit of Asthma, and can't do certain things. Hand eye co-ordination is messed up, can't drive, have a hard time buttoning buttons (Up until 5th or 6th grade, it got pretty embarrassing.) tying my shoes...that kinda stuff.
Oh, I have major emotional problems. I'm not bipolar, just that's a part of my brain that got really messed up by the no oxygen thing. So yea...I have problems controlling myself at times. Mom says I'm emotionally unstable. I have no idea what that means, but...okay.
Umm...lots of other problems too. Analyzation processes, just processing new information, blah blah blah. I don't even know how many problems I have. I doubt anyone knows.
I've been like this my whole life, never known any different and I think I'm a stronger person for it. I have limits that not a lot of people even think about and yea, they're very annoying, but I get through them okay.

Um...yea,...when I get mad or cry or whatever, it takes me a looong time to calm down.
I'm not stupid, I'm just slow.
Anyway, just thought you should know....
I talk a lot. That's not a brain damage thing. That's just me.
Okay. I need to shut up. Bye.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:28 pm
sounds like we have a lot of common hobbies. I don't write as well as people give me credit, nor do I draw as well as I'd like. but I think I sew pretty well. http://dkpuppets2.blogspot.com/ you seem pretty normal to me. I have a friend who had a similar life experience as you. I don't know how old she was but she almost drowned and is also 21 I think. she's cool. I think she is writing a book. I am working on some puppet scripts. my biggest problem with writing is that I get bored before I ever finish and so my stories tend to have a "drop-off" ending a lot. if you want to share some short stories (and I mean no more than 10 pages, I don't like to read a lot) then I will read them. I hope you are doing well.  

dkpuppets

Drowtung

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:51 am
I think you are right at home! You sound like a really neat person and I am glad you are here! If you even need a friend who has life problems let me know! I have Systemic Lupus and have had it for almost 13 years now. I've almost died, had a TIA, commonly known as a mini-stroke, and so-on and so forth. Also I am proud to be Bipolar. I've been BP since I was 14 or so, possibly much longer. I am now almost 25.

Because of lupus I have arthritis and lots of other problems like poor memory, weakness and an awful bad back! I have a service dog that I bring with me everywhere I go. She has seizures so now I am training the dog who will take her place.

I get off topic. What I mean to say: You seem like a super active crafter and really motivated to learn more! It makes me happy that you are not afraid to admit that you aren't that great at some things but fantastic at others! I can't wait until you post pictures of things you have made!

i also talk a lot. Way too much. I type really fast so it doesn't take me very long to write the world's longest post. I am constantly having to shut myself up.

Well, in closing I really hope you stay active in the guild. this is an awesome place. And i think you will fit right in! Start sharing your work because I really would like to see!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:30 am
Wow. Thanks guys.
Well, a lot of people on this site think I'm retarded or whatever...so I do try not to bring my problems up too much. But weather I like it or not, they're here and they're not gonna go away.
Geez, I wrote that intro in July it said! Apparently that doesn't really matter. So thanks for the welcome guys.
I don't have a way to put pictures up. I'd love to show off a bit, but I can't really.
And I'm very happy that you guys want to see my writings!! I'm proud of them. I'll try to get one up as soon as I can. sad Although...I am on vacation for the next three weeks, and I think I left most of my favorites at home. But I'll look through mom's keepsakes and see what she's got.  

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:34 am
DK! Name the hot dog Frank the Dancing Winer. That'll get some laughs I'm sure.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:02 pm
I like the name Frank. I wonder why I never thought of that. thanks! I have small medical history, just infections and stuff. I think I might have arthritis as well. anyway...thanks for checking out my site! I am trying to get my talent out more. if anyone has ideas for new puppets I will see what I can do once we're settled (moving in a week).  

dkpuppets

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:16 pm
Well, good luck on the move. I'll try to think up some puppets for ya...-looks at the pinguin thing on my avi's head- hmmm...Have you made a pinguin yet? Make it green and red...play with the colors a bit....  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:01 pm
sounds fun, maybe I will. currently I am thinking of ways to make a snowman puppet and one of those people eating plants.  

dkpuppets

Drowtung

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:12 pm
I am obssessed with penguins. My avatar here is a penguin(well she is supposed to be at least, she alwears a beak and almsot always penguin feet). I adopted several wild penguins through one of those adopt a wild animal things. And I knit penguin stuff a lot.

Thought I would throw all that in here. Not sure why, but it felt right.

Oh! If anyone has any penguin patterns I would love them. They can be knit, crochet, sew or wire.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:27 am
I used to have a collection of penguins but I had to get rid of most of them crying if I do make a penguin I'll send you the pattern biggrin  

dkpuppets

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff