Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Movies / Music / TV / Other Media
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:27 pm
I finally saw dark knight. Best movie ever. gotta see it in imax when I get back.

Anyone who's complaining about bale's "batman voice" or the movie being too long/dark/serious needs to stfu. The only complaint I have is that they messed up the whole two face thing really badly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:33 pm
Haven't been able to see it.

Theatre is too packed.

They started bringing in lawn chairs.

The riots have killed at least no one... but they are not pretty.  

Muleferdan

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:59 pm
l2see movies that are popular  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:58 pm
So I was in the theatre, front row because I came late, and was peacefully watching the trailers. Let's get highlights from that:
- DiCaprio movie: I usually like his roles and s**t, but this later movie looks suckish.
- Watchmen movie: It's like ******** Batman meets F4. Hopefully it'll be worth it.
- The Mummy 3: Fraser may be bring some respect back after that Centre of Planet flick.

After the trailers was over, people applauded and cheered the movie on. Once the cheering died a bit, I yelled "Bring the trailers back!" to get different responses from fellow moviegoers (laughter from back, looks from surrounding seats).

Movie highlights:
- Joker
- People being shocked at Dent's face
- Human morality conflicts

Amongst other things.

Then I walked out of the theatre into cops and a packed hallway. Never had that before because never bothered to see a movie on release date.  

Shigeru the Hero

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:22 pm
Shigeru K
So I was in the theatre, front row because I came late, and was peacefully watching the trailers. Let's get highlights from that:
- DiCaprio movie: I usually like his roles and s**t, but this later movie looks suckish.
- Watchmen movie: It's like ******** Batman meets F4. Hopefully it'll be worth it.
- The Mummy 3: Fraser may be bring some respect back after that Centre of Planet flick.

After the trailers was over, people applauded and cheered the movie on. Once the cheering died a bit, I yelled "Bring the trailers back!" to get different responses from fellow moviegoers (laughter from back, looks from surrounding seats).

Movie highlights:
- Joker
- People being shocked at Dent's face
- Human morality conflicts

Amongst other things.

Then I walked out of the theatre into cops and a packed hallway. Never had that before because never bothered to see a movie on release date.

I didnt like anything about Two Face. Why the ******** did he want to kill the family? There was no real motive.

Anyways, watchman looks good. I just hope they don't overdue the 300-esque design they keep advertising. Mummy looks like s**t.

Anyways, Babylon A.D. looks promising. I really hope they don't make into a shitty action flick, like they did Minority Report because they have a big name action star (Vin Diesel) BLECH
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_A.D._(film)

EDIT: Did anyone stay after the credits? I heard that Bruce moves the chess piece.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:43 pm
Watchmen is going to suck. I'm guessing neither of you have even read the super-famous classic graphic novel. TwoFace was the only thing I didn't like about the movie. Harvey Dent pretwoface was fine, but his motives for going nuts on gordan's family were pretty much non existant, not to mention THEY KILLED HIM. FYI: TWOFACE IS A MAJOR BATMAN VAILLAIN!111oen!!one!!1wan

I have no idea how they can reuse joker in a sequel without ledger, unless they settle for a lesser acting job, or some aspiring actor really fuggin steps it up.

Also. Nick Fury invites batman to join the avengers after the credits. Duh.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:03 pm
nitnit
Watchmen is going to suck. I'm guessing neither of you have even read the super-famous classic graphic novel. TwoFace was the only thing I didn't like about the movie. Harvey Dent pretwoface was fine, but his motives for going nuts on gordan's family were pretty much non existant, not to mention THEY KILLED HIM. FYI: TWOFACE IS A MAJOR BATMAN VAILLAIN!111oen!!one!!1wan

I've read watchman. Unlike your logic, not everything has to be exactly the same to make it a good movie. We've been through this with V for Vendetta, lets not with Watchman.
And don't assume we know next to nothing about the comic books.

I can't see anyone but the riddler as the next villain. The only other plausable is The Penguin, but no one really likes him. I can't see him fitting in the hi-tech NYC type Gotham Nolan developed.
Besides that we have Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, and Firefly that stick out in my mind right now. All of which are pretty surreal and would be extremely lame, as proved in other batman movies.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:43 pm
I said that the V movie was great, but it messed up the actual messages in V for Vendetta the graphic novel. From everything I've seen, watchmen has been setting itself up to fail, especially including a lot of the changes to the script (from what I understand it won't even be in the alternate future cold war era, which was one of the main reasons why the graphic novel was so successful)

Uhhh what happened to Black Mask, Scarface + Ventriloquist, the rest of the al ghul family, the league of assassins, anarky, bane, calender man, catwoman, deadshot, harley quin, killer croc, mad hatter, and soloman grundy?

l2comics like I said earlier.  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:58 am
Ok. After looking into the watchmen movie further, they are keeping it in the cold war, so it actually has some chance of not sucking terribly. I still do not like the revealed costumes so far... and they better keep the ending where a giant ******** alien chtulu thing attacks new york and causes world peace lawlawlawlawl  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:12 am
nitnit
I said that the V movie was great, but it messed up the actual messages in V for Vendetta the graphic novel. From everything I've seen, watchmen has been setting itself up to fail, especially including a lot of the changes to the script (from what I understand it won't even be in the alternate future cold war era, which was one of the main reasons why the graphic novel was so successful)

Uhhh what happened to Black Mask, Scarface + Ventriloquist, the rest of the al ghul family, the league of assassins, anarky, bane, calender man, catwoman, deadshot, harley quin, killer croc, mad hatter, and soloman grundy?

l2comics like I said earlier.

...I only included the

Besides catwoman, who I'm convinces they won't include, (Staying away from the robin cheesy type feel of the film) the others are not known nearly enough to include them in the film and still mantain the hype the franchise has had thus far.

Tell me, how do you include a characters like Killer Croc? A giant croc that is immune to gun fire and has super strength.

The League of Assasins would be cool, only it's already been done in the first one neutral Without Ras al Ghul, I can't imagine the family magically appearing. Remember, the father was killed also.

You should l2cinemotography.  

Jonnnn

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:38 pm
nitnit

On the Gotham Knight DVD, which is suppose to be between the movies, Killer Croc and Deadshot are both in it. Batman punches Killer Croc in the mouth with an explosive and sends Deadshot to prison. Everything in Gotham Knight makes sense beside this whole magnet bullet shield bs.

I want Catwomen/Mr. Freeze/Riddler in the next one (only 2 villians max). And the Pengiun is lame o_o  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:49 pm
I want Bane.  

Shigeru the Hero

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:14 pm
Why would they need to include a well known villain? Sure that helps, but it worked in Batman Begins with Ra's Al Ghul (he's a major villain, but not really that popular outside of the comics... not compared to the other major characters) If they wanted to reuse the joker, Harley Quin breaking him out would be the most logical. Actually reusing him, without ledger though, would be rather difficult unless some new actor really stepped it up.

If the all the crime families aren't fully dead, they could do something along the lines of the Long Halloween/Dark Victory stories (though harvey dent would have to be removed... unless he somehow lives). Calander Man could also be used to wreak havoc in a "holiday killer" style story.

If they were to use Penguin it would have to be like something in his more current incarnations in the comics where he's a major crime boss. I can see Riddler making some appearance, but he usually acts as a weaker villain who is actually a mastermind sometimes.

The epic joker+scarecrow team up in knightfall would be insane in the nolenverse, but I doubt it'll happen.

Catwoman wouldn't be that farfetched, or even bad if they did it right. She's supposed to actually play an antihero/quasi ally/love interest both in their costumed and real life personas.

BlackMask and Bane are god damn terrors, but they show up very rarely. Also, Ra's Al Ghul's daughter is perfectly fair game, as is he since he resurrects like every other issue with his lazzarus pits.

OR WE COULD JUST MAKE THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS INTO A MOVIE AND IT WOULD ******** AMAZING. THEN 6 YEARS OR SO LATER MAKE THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN AND I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DECIDE WHICH ONE WAS MORE ******** AMAZING.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:08 am
I wanted Harley Quinn! Oh, well. Hopefully Catwoman will add some sexy to the next movie.  

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:18 pm
i saw the dark knight on it's opening night. i saw it in a drive-in and again a few weekends later at a theater.  
Movies / Music / TV / Other Media

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games