Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Mass Effect Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magonarka-2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:47 pm
infiltrator with maxed out skill in sniper rifles is sweet, 1 hit kills almost every time  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:18 pm
Mass Effect is awesome. I've made like 3 characters and played through it umm... I'm on my third time I think.. xd

Wrex, Garrus and Tali are the coolest in my opinion. cool

PS. If you are interested in some nice fan art I can post a link later.  

H Falcon

4,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:46 pm
So I just finished my first playthrough. Gotta say, the last hour was really intense, and one of the most memorable last hours of most games. I convinced saren to redeem himself by killing himself using my maxed out charm, but I have to say the final boss itself was very lame. I just ran around in circles shooting it with my assault rifle and won. (got it on my second try since I didn't understand his pattern first go)

Pretty sweet ending, I ended up letting the council live, and not choosing who will be the human candidate. I was kind of hoping you could have shepard go on the council.

My main gripe right now is that there is no continuation after the story ends. I would have liked at least a little bit after it ends... you can see the new council, embark on a few new side quests, and finish up your old ones. Instead you have to go to an old save file, or just make a new game, or the "new game +" equiv.

This especially pisses me off because you get all these sidequests while you play, but the story is like "NO YOU CAN'T STOP OR ELSE THE GALAXY IS DOOMED". Why give me these if I'm in such a rush, and can't go back later...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:10 pm
nitnit
So I just finished my first playthrough. Gotta say, the last hour was really intense, and one of the most memorable last hours of most games. I convinced saren to redeem himself by killing himself using my maxed out charm, but I have to say the final boss itself was very lame. I just ran around in circles shooting it with my assault rifle and won. (got it on my second try since I didn't understand his pattern first go)

Pretty sweet ending, I ended up letting the council live, and not choosing who will be the human candidate. I was kind of hoping you could have shepard go on the council.

My main gripe right now is that there is no continuation after the story ends. I would have liked at least a little bit after it ends... you can see the new council, embark on a few new side quests, and finish up your old ones. Instead you have to go to an old save file, or just make a new game, or the "new game +" equiv.

This especially pisses me off because you get all these sidequests while you play, but the story is like "NO YOU CAN'T STOP OR ELSE THE GALAXY IS DOOMED". Why give me these if I'm in such a rush, and can't go back later...

This is why there is download content. biggrin

Or at least coming at some point... stare

Also the next game which if lucky will be arriving in a few years... emo  

H Falcon

4,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:18 pm
nitnit

I shot the ******** myself. I lt the council die, because I hated them just because I found them to be douche bags. I ade anderson the human councilman. I had wished there was a bit more story afterwards as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:36 pm
I mean at the very least they could let you do those damn side quests..  

nitnit
Captain

H Falcon

4,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:55 pm
nitnit
I mean at the very least they could let you do those damn side quests..

You where supposed to finish up anything you wanted to finish before going to ilos. After ilos there is no turning back.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:00 am
Yeah, that's pretty dumb considering to be true to the game's story you would ignore all of the side quests and get to the conduit.  

nitnit
Captain

H Falcon

4,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:17 am
nitnit
Yeah, that's pretty dumb considering to be true to the game's story you would ignore all of the side quests and get to the conduit.

Not at all. Since doing side quest was helping people who needed help usually right away. So since you where still looking for the information to find Saren and such why not help people you find along the way? I understand your point about rushing as fast as you can to save the galaxy even if it means having to say no to help people along the way but this is a game. The game didn't have a timer that was counting down. So you could spend as much time as you wanted. Didn't have to rush through.

On that note the game was too short story wise. Only what... 7 main story missions. Way to short. But still an awesome game. cool

Usually I say console versions are better (IMO) but in this case because you can control your Part individually in the PC version I will have to give it the award of probably being the better version. Though if I get it for the PC I'll probably use the 360 controller to play it. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:37 am
From the perspective of the gamer, you can take all the time you want to do the side quests. Actually, many of them are not even urgent.

From the perspective of the character, very few of the sidequests would merit getting off course. My point was that after you stopped Sovereign, those people would still need help most likely.  

nitnit
Captain

Magonarka-2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:25 am
nitnit
From the perspective of the gamer, you can take all the time you want to do the side quests. Actually, many of them are not even urgent.

From the perspective of the character, very few of the sidequests would merit getting off course. My point was that after you stopped Sovereign, those people would still need help most likely.

there is one side quest that is important- Wrex's Armor, it will allow to use another option to calm wrex down on virmire so you don't have to kill him or restart a few times to persuade him correctly.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:05 pm
But in the context of the story finding that armor isn't really that important. Wrex isn't like "SHEPARD IF YOU DONT FIND THAT ARMOR I'M GONNA GET SHOT BY YOU" he acts casual about it.

Very few of the sidequests have a sense of urgency that is worth detracting from the main quest storywise.  

nitnit
Captain

Lady Psychic

Sparkly Genius

9,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:44 am
I highly enjoyed Mass Effect. While I do agree that it is a bit short (especially when compared to other RPGs), it was a nice experince. I also took my time and did alot of the side quests in addition to the main quests.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff