Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Hey, new aquaintances! Anybody here play this game?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gotcha Force!
  What?
  Got it! Liked it!
  Have it, but didn't like it.
  Only heard of it.
View Results

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:34 pm
Allow me to start by introducing myself. Some of you may already know me, most of you probably don't. Mainly because I'm a lurker. And in my offline time, I am into much gaming. My favorite genres are.... anything but sports games. I'd rather play the actual sports, personally. Even if I would suck at them. Most of my games are action, platformer, or RPG.

The game I'm talking about here is called Gotcha Force. It is made by Capcom, and as far as I know, was only released on the Nintendo Gamecube. The game's basics are simple. Defeat all the units on the enemy team before all of your units are destroyed instead. After a victory, you may receive new units for future battles, or for more powerful units, fragments of data that must be collected in a set to complete the unit. With these new units, you create a fighting force using 204 obtainable "Gotcha Borgs", each one belonging to a Borg Tribe. Some of the Tribes are Ninja, Machine, Knight, Wing, Angel, Demon, Hero, and Dragon. There are more tribes than these, however. All borgs have a set of attacks for you to use, and some form of ascension through the air. Most are capable of using a dash to evade attacks, and some have special features, such as the protective shields of most of the Knight Borgs. The game was well-promoted in Japan, but outside, the game is practically unheard of. But it never hurts to look. I'll look up some pictures when I get the chance and show everyone what it looks like. Personally, I thought this game was great. It was practically impossible to not find a borg I would like, and the combat is pretty good, especially against other human players. Although the voice acting sucks, that can be ignored, but the AI is kinda lackluster. There is a 1 player Story mode, 1-4 player Versus mode, and a 1-2 player Challenge mode. New borgs can only be obtained in Story Mode. But after two plays of the main story, there is a special reward that makes collecting easier.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:16 pm
Let me introduce myself.... let me introduce my bad self... hundred beats per minute baby, don't mean s**t to me, to me

(sorry had to do that)

I've heard of that game's name before, but have never actually played it.  

nitnit
Captain

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:19 pm
Here are some links to pictures. I'm not showing the images themselves due to how many there are.
Case cover!
Proto Eagle attacking with its Beam Tonfas.
Cyber Hero. Hadouken!
Metal Hero, with his beam sword.
Gatling Gunner (up close) looking at the REALLY long swords of the Demon Samurai.
Trust me, suicide bombers are SERIOUS BUSINESS.
Yeah, that should be plenty of pictures.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:38 am
Looks like something ravemaster would love  

nitnit
Captain

Korean Kracker II

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:42 am
it looks like a megaman game
or maybe a card game neutral
looks kinda energetic  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:45 am
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/cube/gotchaforce?q=gotcha force

Reviews were kind of mediocre, just saying.  

nitnit
Captain

Korean Kracker II

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:54 am
is it turn-based?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:33 pm
So its just like Costom-Robo?  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:50 pm
Star Trek couldn't sue for using the term Borg?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:08 pm
I remember I had this friend who would talk on and on about Gotcha Force while the rest of us would play Custom Robo. Both were games that got mixed reviews and both didn't get much attention anyways.  

Shigeru the Hero

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:33 pm
Funny. I learned about Gotcha force in a Custom Robo forum.

@Korean Kracker II: Does it? Well, it is a Capcom game. It's also in real-time. GameFAQs has it classified as a third-person shooter. It's probably the best description for it.
@nitnit: Yes, the reviews are very mediocre. And borg could be used as a shortened form of cyborg. They're pretty much toy-sized, fighting cyborgs.
@Kunx: Kinda. Except the borgs aren't customized, instead you customize a whole team.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:33 pm
Hmm. If only someone else here has played/owned this game.  

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items