Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Goths Going Green! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many countries have you been to in your life? (Former countries count too!)
  2-5
  6-9
  10+
View Results

dark_soul_52

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:45 pm
i do everything i can to help the environment. its really important to me.

i use less water, i always turn off lights and the tv and computer, i compost leftover food, i'm planning on buying an eco-friendly car, i recycle my old cellphones, when i own a house i plan to plant trees and a garden, i also dont use hairspray because of the emissions.

theres more but i think that shows how much i care.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:58 pm
I used to refuse to throw cigarettes on the ground. Then I quit smoking.

That's green I guess.  

Sad Lion Serenade

Lucifer of Love

Desirable Sex Symbol

10,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:57 pm
A part of me cares about the environment, seeing how the factories puke their black smoke sickens my stomach while the other part of me simply don't care, but that does not mean that I throw things here and there.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:57 pm
if i went out in the sun more my skin would tern kind of green  

AEtherclaw

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:25 am
Discuss:

How much do you care about the enviornment and preserving it? What are your views? Should we be exploiting what we have or keeping it safe?

A lot of it comes down to energy consumption.

Hmm. Exploiting versus keeping safe. I think it's more complicated than that, but to answer that question would take an essay. What one person calls exploitation another could call "green" these days. The lines are becoming more blurred because corporations all want to look good in the consumer's eyes. So who knows what the difference really is anymore?
And, when you compare energy sources in terms of 'green-ness', how can you tell what is really the best solution? Sure peak oil is coming to a head, so people suggest nuclear power. But that isn't so great either. Then there's geothermal power, wind power, solar power, plant power... there are many different sources of power. But essentially in order to generate the amount of power we need, we would have to use a lot of any of those anyway. And there are always consequences, no matter how 'green' the source is.

Basically people need to 'need' less, but I don't see that happening. In fact, as technology develops, it's going to get far worse.

What are you doing to save energy? What enviornmentally friendly habits have you taken up and what made you start?

I'm vegan; that's the main thing I do for the earth. I also recycle and reuse just about everything I can. I feel incredible guilt about throwing anything away, even if this means I turn into a terrible pack rat. I find new uses for old things, take things apart and put them back together in new ways. I try to buy my clothes from earth friendly independent designers, and thift stores, or make my own. I try to buy local or organic produce when I can get it/afford it. I don't drive; I take public transit or walk. I care about the earth quite a bit.

How you show your support (or lack of) for the enviornment and get the word out?

I live according to my beliefs (see above). I volunteer for vegan/animal rights related things on occasion. I research things when I have spare time.

Do you believe the world is being threatened by humans? Is everything really as serious as they say? Should we be worried?

I think things are more serious than they say, for us. However, as George Carlin said (though I don't agree with everything he says), the Earth has ways of healing itself, and humans are pretty much a grain of sand on a beach. The Earth wiped out dinosaurs, and wipes out entire species every day. We're threatening ourselves for sure. Really we're threatening our wasteful way of life more than anything else, though.

Sorry kinda rambly  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:30 am
We've been recycling lately. I like walking to get to places. Organic food is yummy too.  

TheWitchGotRobin

Silent Manipulation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:20 pm
As said earlier in this forum, a large portion of the "green" movement is shallow and based around consumerism. The peoples hearts may be in the right place, but they are just being exploited by the media, corporations, and even some politicians. I think in order to really be "green" society needs to reevaluate it's ideals as a whole. Then again I'm an advocate of the deep ecology or "deep green" movement.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:46 am
moonclown

AEtherclaw
how is dyeing your hair green or any other color for that mater good for the environment anyway?

my child...its for raising the awareness of the people to see the earth is dying,with all the dead-looking concretes,etc and no lively green?,its time someone gonna tell them to plant and raise a clean, and greener world...
and if ur asking me i help the campaign? no,i really dont care about these things

rofl

moonclown

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:00 pm
alot of packaging and other things we throw out could probably be terned into art and clothing thus slightly reducing landfill.
then seeing this would increase awareness of this possibility.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:13 pm
AEtherclaw
alot of packaging and other things we throw out could probably be terned into art and clothing thus slightly reducing landfill.
then seeing this would increase awareness of this possibility.
I used to collect scrap metal and make little collages with magnets and stuff until someone stare decided it was too dangerous to have around the house.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

XoX_Sexy_Seductress_XoX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:04 am
i agree with the people that say its a lil to late to do the right thing now ..how long have people been saying " we need to save are planet now be4 its to late" ? ... they have been saying it for meny years now... i thinkink the first time i heard the camershal for saveing our world was when i was like 8 or 9 and im now 18 so ya..... so 9 or 10 years this has been going on people just got lazy and its the truth i read some of the coments and a lot of people dont care witch i find funny cuz its going to afeck them in menny ways but they just deside to be blind for right now  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:12 pm
babyblutiff69k
I agree with the people that say its a litlle to late to do the right thing now. How long have people been saying; "we need to save are planet now before its to late"? They have been saying it for many years now... I thinkink the first time I heard the camershal for saving our world was when I was like 8 or 9, and I'm now 18 so ya..... So 9 or 10 years this has been going on; people just got lazy and it's the truth. I read some of the comments and a lot of people don't care. Which i find funny because it's going to affect them in many ways, but they just decide to be blind for right now

You say it's too late to change things, but then you say you want people to realize the problems. What's the point? If were ******** over so much then why try?  

Silent Manipulation

L Kook

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:28 pm
We should tried to go "green",not in the sense that corporations use, even though we are all doomed anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:09 pm
Yes I like the environment so I recycle, I compost, I reuse a lot of things, I randomly pick up things on the street, I am now starting to use less water, I plan to start rollerskating everywhere (even in the winter tis' fun) and the only thing I buy from the store are the light bulbs which actually do last a long time, in my experience. I'm also designing for a recycling fashion show right now where I am only allowed to use recyclable material (soda cans, newspapers, etc.) to make clothing.
I don't think we can fix much but I think we can try not to have an impact or let nature take over to repair itself.
What kills me though is that people can spend 20 minutes complaining instead of separating their trash. neutral

AdrianaKitten

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces