Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
Souls Caliber Legends

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArcNeoMasato

Sparkly Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:09 pm
I know that the game's reviews weren't good, but that's because the reviews were done by fan brats who think SC can only be a fighting game, the game is AWESOME! It's has really easy to learn controls, a pretty good story, cool cut-scenes, massive boss fights, and come on, it's a Soul Caliber game, and it has Soul Edge Omega (That's what the upside down U means, it's Greek, like the A means alpha)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:34 pm
It's nice to see you enjoyed it, though I don't have the game. That's the thing with a lot of games on Wii. Many people like them more than the "experts" seem to do.  

TacitBlue

ArcNeoMasato

Sparkly Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:59 pm
tronmaster
It's nice to see you enjoyed it, though I don't have the game. That's the thing with a lot of games on Wii. Many people like them more than the "experts" seem to do.

That's because the "experts" only play them for 2 minutes and think they know everything about the game in that time. They never learn to control it and so almost every Wii game has a lower review because of "bad controls".  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:19 pm
I disagree, I did NOT like it.

It did have bad controls, which can ruin a game.

And I'm not a SC "fan brat" since I've only played this soul calibur game, and hopefully it didn't turn me off from it with its horribleness.

EDIT: Actually here is a quote from myself about how I feel about it.

Muleferdan
Deathguiser
I have always found Soul Calibur to be pretty balanced personally. But I have no proof really, so I'm pretty much done.

On the subject of Soul Calibur,

A while ago I picked up Soul Calibur Legends thinking " Hey Soul Calibur games are awesome lets see what this one is like".

About 20 minutes in I broke the game in half.

Glitchy Pong>Soul Calibur Legends.

Has almost nothing to do with fighting games besides maybe hack 'n slashers (if that can be counted).

If you haven't bought this game don't, if you have

A. Break it

B. If you like it do whatever its not my problem

There is my interjection, i will now leave this thread be.  

Muleferdan

TacitBlue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:59 pm
Muleferdan

And I'm not a SC "fan brat" since I've only played this soul calibur game, and hopefully it didn't turn me off from it with its horribleness.

Muleferdan
Deathguiser
I have always found Soul Calibur to be pretty balanced personally. But I have no proof really, so I'm pretty much done.

A while ago I picked up Soul Calibur Legends thinking " Hey Soul Calibur games are awesome lets see what this one is like".

Has almost nothing to do with fighting games besides maybe hack 'n slashers (if that can be counted).

A. Break it

That's another strange thing about many Wii games, the motion controlls can be a hit or miss. Some people, like you, hate it, while others like Diclinious love them. You may have had a problem with the game, but to him "Glitchy Pong"
These motion controlls are the most tricky aspect in developing for Wii. If they are done well or the person moves similar, they can be an immersive element that rivals HD. But done incorrectly, as in your case, not only is the advantage lost but the bad controlls can also interfere with gameplay.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:40 am
tronmaster
Muleferdan

Muleferdan
Deathguiser

A. Break it

That's another strange thing about many Wii games, the motion controlls can be a hit or miss. Some people, like you, hate it, while others like Diclinious love them. You may have had a problem with the game, but to him "Glitchy Pong"
These motion controlls are the most tricky aspect in developing for Wii. If they are done well or the person moves similar, they can be an immersive element that rivals HD. But done incorrectly, as in your case, not only is the advantage lost but the bad controlls can also interfere with gameplay.

Another thing I see that can create false bad controls is someone who barely swings the Wiimote. It wants fast, strong swings, like you were swinging a real sword, while most people just wave it around like a wand or something.  

ArcNeoMasato

Sparkly Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

TacitBlue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:00 pm
Diclonius Lord
tronmaster
Muleferdan

Muleferdan
Deathguiser

A. Break it

Another thing I see that can create false bad controls is someone who barely swings the Wiimote. It wants fast, strong swings, like you were swinging a real sword, while most people just wave it around like a wand or something.

Actually, most good games you can, in fact, just wave it like a wand, and many gamers may find such large movements to be annoying.

Again, its nice to see at least one person that enjoys their games on Wii. Hopefully next time Namco can correct the problem by using more shrewd motion capture techniques or by using motionplus.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:07 pm
I don't mean large movements, just a firm ones.  

ArcNeoMasato

Sparkly Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
Nintendo Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items