Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:52 pm
okay im sure some of you have read this... but here it is again anyway:

Quote:

I want to ask you guys for a favor. As we saw with Eclipse (not to mention that last Harry Potter book), there is always the potential for copies of the book to be leaked early. My publisher is doing everything they can to prevent this, but there is only so much that can be done. This is the favor: if someone, somewhere, somehow, gets a copy early, I'm asking you to please not post any spoilers on the internet. And if you see something, please don't spread it around. Breaking Dawn was meant to be experienced in a certain way, and I would hate for someone to get that experience ruined by seeing something online they didn't want to see. My fans have been super cool about this in the past—last year in particular you guys went above and beyond to protect Eclipse until the release date—and I hope that we'll have the same positive experience this year.

If somebody does post a spoiler (and remember there will be a lot of hoaxes out there—do not believe everything you read: Bella gets eaten by a polar bear, anyone?), I'd love your help in getting them taken down. My publisher has set up a special e-mail account, bdcopyrightviolation@hbgusa.com, for fans to alert us to spoilers that appear online. PLEASE only send links to spoilers. E-mails about events, contacting me, etc. will not be returned.

Another thing you may notice close to the release of Breaking Dawn is that the message boards on several fansites will be taken down. They are doing this as a favor to me because I want to protect you all from stumbling upon something that could ruin the book for you. There will be plenty of time to discuss all the details of the book after August 2nd.

now I know Gaia isn't closing down any message boards... but how many of you will still be surfing around on or around Aug. 2nd??? I wont. lol.

whats ya'lls opinions? should message boards be closed?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:49 pm
I say no because im one of those who pre-ordered it and have to wait a few days to get and im just dying for some spoilers i love them. I spent hours on here looking for something when the 1st chpt was released. So i say keep them open 3nodding sweatdrop

X-Freiheit93-X

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:31 am
Since i don't get my book until two days after you guys. I think i'll just stick with Fanfiction where Bella finds herself pregnant, and avoid trying to read anything with a spoiler in it. But oh emm eeeh cee! Lots of people will be posting everywhere once they finished reading the book, i don't think i can escape seeing a few spoilers before i read it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:10 pm
Though I'm sure I will be tempted, I try not to spoil myself regardless. I haven't read the first chapter of Breaking Dawn yet either. smile  

T0m03

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:19 pm
I myself LOVE spoilers but I'd rather not be tempted (and I am easily tempted). Then again, New Moon was spoiled for me a little bit and it didn't change my anticipation of reading it for myself so in a way I don't care when it comes to myself.

I think those who don't want to be spoiled should avoid GAIA and come at their own risk until they read BD. Also, message boards should be open for those who love spoilers. The spoil-haters know it's free game out here anyways.

((btw, HEY celestialheiress!!!))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:20 pm
There's no way in hell that I'll be within 10 metres of my computer until I finish that book.
I may even have to stay off a few days prior to the release. Books always end up getting released early in some places, and I know there are some inconsiderate a** wipes on the internet who would love to ruin my reading experience. Spoilers ruin everything.
So, I'll be staying off message boards when we get really close to the release date and until after I finish the book.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

kira kira fuwa fuwa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:32 pm
I may just ignore this guild until I've read Breaking Dawn.
But I hope none of you post spoilers.

I'm just going to
1: Go to the release party and acquire the book
2: Stay up all night reading the book and LOVE it
3: And then get on the internet afterwards so nothing is spoiled for me.

I'm not going to
1: Post spoilers  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:46 pm
I will NOT post spoilers, but that's because I'll be spending the day reading.  

Koneko Tsukino

Sparkly Hoarder

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces