Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GA Rose

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:00 pm
So fello Gaiaholicssss

I want to enter the avatar arena.
This is gonna be the avatar I'm gonna use.
Reference picture

Discuss :
Arena
Does it need anything.
I get the feeling this is in the wrong area,  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:27 pm
I've never watched Atlantis...
Do you a have a picture from the actual movie?  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:27 am
GA Rose
So fello Gaiaholicssss

I want to enter the avatar arena.
This is gonna be the avatar I'm gonna use.
Reference picture

Discuss :
Arena
Does it need anything.
I get the feeling this is in the wrong area,

I love "Atlantis." mrgreen The Drome's Egg might of had a better weapon choice for you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:47 am
Hm, I love the movie Atlantis.. the avatar is good, but I think you may want to look at a few things before you enter it into the arenas. You may want to change the eye type for better overall appeal because Princess Kida's eyes are more almond shaped as opposed to round. Use a different reference picture with color if you want people to be more impressed. I'm not sure if they have lioncloth looking items (let alone in the correct color) that might do a little better than the forbidden skirt, but it's worth looking into. I, personally, like the skirt, but Princess Kida's is dramatically different. More of her leg is showing and it's just a completely different design. I just looked at the Egyptian Linen Wraps, but they don't do much better. The skin color is a good choice with what Gaia has to offer. In the movie she has piercing blue eyes similar to what the Oculus Mythica has. User Image>>
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Not sure what top you're wearing, but it looks like the aquatica bikini thing. Not a bad choice. Best of luck~  

Ziporae

Devoted Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:21 am
Personally, I think arenas are just one big popularity contest and if you don't have an amazing avi and/or tons of online friends artificially boosting your votes, it's a waste of 1k.

On that note, here goes an attempt at constructive criticism....

Cosplays are really tricky to enter in the arena. They pretty much have to be recognizable without a reference picture to win anything. I'm not sure if the character is known well enough to get the votes you need.

Not bad for a first try. It does need some work and some items you need, Gaia has nothing like them. There are a few things people are definitely going to call you on (the skirt isn't quite right, the weapon is not a scythe, tattoo is only on one side of her face, etc..). The pendant was a good choice and I agree with Ziporae on the eye change.

Good Luck!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:13 am
User Image
That would be my attempt at her^_^ I can agree with Karma about it all being a popularity contest, but go for it biggrin  

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:33 am
eriwain
User Image
That would be my attempt at her^_^ I can agree with Karma about it all being a popularity contest, but go for it biggrin

Ah...the halberd, that's exactly the thing I was trying to describe from the Drome Egg.

The Avi Arena, I will third, tends to be a popularity contest. If you pay close enough attention, you'll notice that you'll come to recognize some names, simply because you saw them "win" in the Avi Arena a ton of times.

That said, I enter the Arena on a regular basis, and recognize that I'll probably never end up in the Top Ten. And you know what? That's okay, because the Arena is supposed to be for fun more than anything else. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:30 pm
-Ziporae- I didn't like the new eye choices so I stuck with the original ones.
Yeah, I had a hard time finding a bottom. Forbidden skirt? I'll have to look into that. I don't have Oculus Mythica, guess I'll go borrow it from my buddie.
The top is the genie blue bra.

I didn't know what what good for her weapon. I might just exclude it from the avatar. The tattoo was also a problem, but we don't have a single side tattoo.

- Eriwain
I traded my GotGods for something else...I can't remember.

Thanks guys.

GA Rose

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces