User Image

August 2008

User Image

User Image

Well July was kind of a quiet month overall, but we did have lots of new members join us...so we like to give them all a great big welcome!!! August brings our Lammas/Imbolc Sabbat Celebration in the Gatherings Subforum - please be sure to join us...there is lots of fun to be had by all. (plus the chance to win an MC!!!) So we'll see you there!!!
I'd also like to take a moment to invite everyone to check out the guild's Book of Shadows - it contian's lots of useful stuff and more is being added to it all the time.

User Image

August
1: Lammas or Lughnasadh
1: Imbolc (Southern Hemisphere)

1: New moon at 6:12 am
1: Total solar eclipse
1 - 2: Shreveport Pagan Pride Day (Shreveport, LA)
16: Full Moon (Corn Moon) at 5:16 pm
16: Partial lunar eclipse
30: New moon at 3:58 pm
31: Birthday of author Raymond Buckland

User Image

User Image

Dates: July 23 - Aug 22
Element: Fire
Quality: Fixed
Symbol: The Lion
Nature: Positive
Day: Sunday
Metal: Gold
Gem: Ruby
Color: Gold, Orange
Governs: Heart, Back, Spine
Key Word: I will!
Positive Influences: Dignity, will-power, generosity, loyalty, confidence, ambitious
Negative Influences: Conceited, arrogant, laziness
Ruler: The Sun

source

User Image

User Image

(August 1st)

Lammas is the time for the first Harvest, when the plants begin to wither and drop their seeds for our use as well to ensure future crops. The Sun God losses his strength as the sun rises farther in the south each day and the nights grow longer. The God is dying, but living inside the Goddess as her child. We are reminded that nothing in the universe is constant. Lammas stands for the funeral games of Lugh. (Lugh referring to the Irish Sun God.) However, the funeral is not his own, but the funeral games he hosts for his foster-mother Tailte. For that reason, the traditional Tailtean Craft fairs and Tailtean Marriages are celebrated at this time.

Other Names: Lughnasadh, Cornucopia, Lughsasa, and Thingtide.

Correspondences and Associations

Colors: Yellow, Orange, Green, and Brown.
Foods: Homemade Breads (Wheat, Oat, and Corn), Nuts, Wildberries, Apples, Rye, Berry Pies, Elderberry Wine, Ale, Corn, Rice, and Meadowsweet Tea.
Symbols: Corn Dolls, Wheat Weaving, Corn, and Wheat Stalks.
Incense: Aloes, Rose, and Sandalwood.
Candles: Orange and Yellow
Gemstones: Aventurine, Citrine, Peridot, Sardonyx, and Tourmaline.
Deities: Lugh, Demeter, Epona, Tailte, Cerridwen, and Rhiannon.
Herbs: Heather, Hollyhock, Grapes, Crab Apples, Sunflowers, and Pears.
Animals: Goats, Lamas, and Horses.
Work:Grains woven into God and Goddess symbols and Meditation.
Tools: Athame

User Image

(February 2nd)

Imbolc is the time to welcome spring, and celebrate the festival of the end of winter. It is a Festival of Light and Fertility. Imbolc is the recovery of the Goddess after giving birth to the God. The lengthening periods of light awaken her. The God is now young and lusty, but his power is felt during the longer days. Marking the return of Spring, the Earth feels his warmth. Imbolc represents new beginnings, spiritual growth, and the “sweeping of the old”.

Other Names: Imbolic, Candlemas, St. Bridget’s Day, Brides Day, Lady Day, Imbolg, Lupercus, and the Snowdrop Festival.

Correspondences and Associations

Colors: White, Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Light Green, and Brown.
Foods: Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Muffins, Dairy Products, Peppers, Onions, Raisins, Garlic, Poppy Seed Bread and Cakes, Herbal Teas, Spiced Wines, Potatoes, and Turnips.
Symbols: White Flowers, Candle Wheels, Yellow Flowers, Lamps, and a Dish of Snow.
Incense: Basil, Bay, Cinnamon, Violet, Vanilla, Rosemary, and Wisteria.
Candles: Brown, Pink, and Red.
Gemstones: Amethyst, Garnet, Bloodstone, and Onyx.
Deities: Bridget, Aradia, Gaia, Dagda, Pan, and Herne.
Herbs: Angelica, Basil, Bay, Blackberries, Celandine, Coltsfoot, Heather, Iris, Myrrh, Tansy, Snowdrops, and Violets.
Animals: Sheep, Wolves, Bears, Stags, Eagles, Ravens, Groundhogs, Owls, and Snakes.
Work: Blessing the Seeds for this years Garden, Fertility and Purification, All Virgin and Maiden Goddess are honored, Candle Lightings, Stone Gathering, Searching for signs of spring, and Rituals of Initiation.
Tools: Plough and Garden Implements.

source

User Image

Lughnasadh Incense - Recipe by Scott Cunningham

2 parts Frankincense
1 part Heather
1 part Apple blossoms
1 pinch Blackberry leaves
a few drops Ambergris oil
Burn Lughnasadh Incense during Wiccan rituals on August 1st or 2nd, or at that time to attune with the coming harvest.

~*~

Lughnassadh Oil - Put in soap or anoint candles

5 drops frankincense
5 drops rose
5 drops yarrow

Imbolc Incense by Scott Cunningham

3 parts Frankincense
2 parts Dragon's Blood
1/2 part Red Sandalwood
1 part Cinnamon
a few drops Red Wine
To this mixture add a pinch of the first flower (dry it first) that is available in your area at the time of Imbolc (February 1st). Burn during Wiccan ceremonies on Imbolc, or simply to attune with the symbolic rebirth of the Sun --- the fading of winter and the promise of Spring.

~*~

Imbolc Oil - Put in soap or anoint candles
5 drops frankincense
5 drops rosemary
3 drops cinnamon
2 drops sandalwood
Add a piece of rowan and a small hematite, garnet, and clear quartz crystal. A spicy, sunny scent for awakening the earth.

User Image

User Image

I found this lovely set of prayers and daily meditations for Lammas, that I thought I'd share with you all.

Morning Prayer:

Hail Bright Maiden of quicksilver delight,
shine upon me
Thy morning blessing, which,
like the new dawn, refreshes my Spirit and
lifts my heart with song.
Blessed Be

Lady,
The mellow sun turns to honey
as wheat stands golden.
Your smile glows.
The innocence remains
even as the year turns.
You draw from me eternal
joy touched into life by
Your sweet blessing --
I praise You with my eyes
and sing of You to wild things
and laughing mountains.
The sea speaks with your voice.

Morning Meditation

What is ready to be harvested in your life?

Daily Affirmation

In the Name of the Maiden: I will reap what I sow today.

Closing Prayer

Thanks to Thee Bright Maiden for Thy care,
for green laughter and fire-edged dew,
and for Thy blessing, a most precious jewel.
Blessed Be.

~*~

Evening Prayer:

Hail Mother of the golden wheat, You of
plenty and fertile womb, breathe Thy blessing
upon my heart, nourish my soul
that I, too, may create the world with love.
Blessed Be

Lady,
The First Harvest.
You oversee the ripening of
fruit and grain and, perhaps,
the melancholy of shortened days.
A hint of the Great Silence hangs
upon the evening air,
an expectation of the barren time...
Still, Your smile warms the earth;
the sun, a golden pendant, jewels the sky
and the seeds I planted in a more
carefree time are growing toward completion.
Lady of the Fields and
fertile dreams I embrace
Your holy presence.

Evening Meditation

How others' negative actions affect you. How can you
choose to react in a positive way?

Daily Affirmation

In the Name of the All-Mother: I will attend to unfinished business.

Closing Prayer

Terra Mater, Mother of all life, I give
Thee thanks for Thy blessing --
the fruit of the vines; the fruit of my spirit;
life's abundance.
Blessed Be.

~*~

Night Prayer:

Hail Dark Lady of the Crossroads,
of wisdom hard-won,
grant me Thy blessing, purify my heart,
and teach me the truth of my soul;
show me that death is but a gateway to life.
Blessed Be.

Lady,
Your sigh becomes summer's whisper
turning to bright-edged Autumn.
A hint of frost lies upon the air.
An intimation of an ending --
the dying God --
hangs upon the air.
Your finger points toward summer's loss
and reminds us to prepare for
the long, solitary night.

Night Meditation

Go into the garden and turn over the earth. Breathe
deeply of its moistness. What secrets does it tell you?

Dream Images

In the Name of the Dark Crone: I intuit the Harvest.

Closing Prayer

I bow to Thee Hecate, Diana, Mari, and thank
Thee for Thy blessing -- the Cauldron of Night
full of life, and death, and life again;
Thy magic gives me wings.
Blessed Be.

Book of Hours: Prayers to the Goddess by Galen Gillotte

User Image

Write Your Own Spells

While there’s absolutely nothing wrong with using other peoples’ spells -- and in fact there is an entire industry devoted to publishing books full of them -- there are times when you may wish to use your own. It may be that you can’t find what you’re looking for in a book, or you might just feel a need to use original material. Whatever your reasons, it’s not as hard as you may think to write your own spells if you follow this very simple formula.

Here's How:

Figure out the goal or intent of the working. What is it you wish to accomplish? Are you looking for prosperity? Hoping to get a better job? Trying to bring love into your life? What is the specific aim of the spell? Whatever it may be, make sure you're clear on what it is you want -- "I will get that promotion on Friday!"

Determine what material components you’ll need to achieve the goal. Will the working require herbs, candles, stones? Try to think outside the box when you’re composing a spell -- remember that magic relies heavily on symbolism. There’s nothing wrong with using unusual ingredients in a working -- Hot Wheels cars, chess pieces, bits of hardware, sunglasses and even old DVDs are all fair game.

Decide if timing is important. In some traditions, moon phase is crucial, while in others it’s not significant. Generally, positive magic, or workings that draw things to you, is performed during the waxing moon. Negative or destructive magic is done during the waning phase. It may be that you feel a certain day of the week is best for the working, or even a certain hour of the day. Don’t feel obligated to drown yourself in the details, though. If you’re a person who feels confident doing magic on the fly without worrying about timing, then go for it.

Figure out what wording or incantation -- if any -- will be verbalized during the working. Are you going to chant something formal and powerful, calling upon the gods for assistance? Will you simply mutter a poetic couplet under your breath? Or is it the sort of working where you can simply ponder the Universe in silence?

Put all of the above together into a workable form, and then, in the immortal words of the Nike commercial, Just Do It.

Tips:

Despite this being a very bare-bones and simple way of looking at spell construction, it does work effectively. You may wish to keep a magical journal or make notes in your Book of Shadows during the spell construction phase, and then keep track of results as they begin to manifest.

If a working hasn't begun to manifest within a few weeks -- some traditions say within 28 days, a lunar month -- you may want to stop and revisit the working. Figure out what variables may need to be changed.

The Universe has a quirky sense of humor, so make sure anything you cast a spell for is worded correctly. In other words, be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it!

Remember that magic is a tool and a skill set, but some common sense should prevail as well. You can cast all day to get yourself a job, but your chances of success are greatly reduced if you haven't pounded the pavement and sent out copies of your resume!

What You Need:

Intent
Supplies
Your Book of Shadows (if you use one)

source

User Image

The 3rd and 4th runes in the Futhark are both associated with Gods. Thurisaz is a rune of Thor, the defender, as well as that of the gigantic forces against which he defends. Thor is the son of Jordh -- and elemental earth goddess. His father is Odin, master of all the powers of mind, and his rune is Ansuz. Together they ward body and spirit. Both are extremely powerful, but their strengths are different.

Discussion Thread

User Image

User Image

Pronunciation: “THUR-ee-sahz”
Meaning: Thurs, Thorn, Thor
Thurisaz…the Thorn of Thor, is Force that frees, or fights a foe!

The Ancient Meanings

Thurisaz is the 3rd rune in the Futhark. The Norse and Icelandic rune poems agree on the name - thurs - a word that is usually used to designate a supernatural being (usually monstrous), especially a Jotun, one of the titanic race who are both the ancestors and opponents of the Aesir. However, the texts of these two poems seem to suggest a type of threat that is less mythic, but perhaps more immediate, an evil caused by the kind of spirits that in later generations were classed as “trolls”, which haunted the wild.
Norwegian Rune Poem
Thurs causes illness in women
Few rejoice at bad luck

Icelandic Rune Poem
Thurs is the torment of women
And the dweller in the rock/cliffs
And the man (husband?) of Vardh-runa

The significance of “Vardhruna”, which translates literally as “warding rune”, is not known, although it has been suggested that she is one of the Jotnar. The name could come from some lost piece of folklore, or it may be referring to the magical relationship between spirits and the spells that protect against them. People of all cultures who live close to the land have a keen awareness of the spiritual dimensions of the life around them. Surely it does not harm to honor the spirit in all things, and it may be a prerequisite to living in harmony.

Power is neutral, capable of being used for good or ill. In the Eddas, the thurses generally appear in a role antagonistic to the gods; the Jotnar, however, are in origin simply the primal powers of Nature. They are neither “good” nor “evil”. They are simply “other”. Like the Norse verses, the Anglo-Saxon rune poem treats this rune as dangerous, but the interpretation it offers seems to have been logically derived form the shape of the rune:
Quote:
Thorn is most sharp, for every thane
Who grasps it, it is harmful, exceeding cruel
To every man who rests among them

One wonders whether the designation of this rune as the “thorn” might be an example of evolutionary etymology. Did the Christian Anglo-Saxon who wrote the poem alter a term that had become meaningless as the language changed, by attempting to explain away as brambles the evil that the women of the Norse verses encountered among the rocks? Or was the writer changing a name that appeared to refer to the rejected pagan mythology into a familiar word? Certainly to fall among the thorns is painful; however in the ancient world thorns had a number of uses, both physical and magical. Various kinds of berries with thorny stems are a major source of fruit in the North. Brambles can be woven into barriers, and in folktales sometimes a thorn hedge is magically grown to create a protective barrier. Thorns were also used in magic. In the legend of Sigurd we are told:
Fafnirsmal: 43
On the mountain a valkyrie sleeps
about her flickers the bane of trees
Ygg with the (sleep) - thorn once did p***k her,
The flax-goddess (woman) felled.
A fighter other than the one he wished.

The most direct reference to the use of the thurs rune in magic occurs in “Skirnismal”, in the story of Skirnir’s wooing of the giant-maid Gerd, for Freyr, in which he says that she must wed a three-headed thurs called Hrimgrimnir if she will not marry the god, and finishes it off by the thread of a rune-spell. The final threat is the clincher, and Gerd agrees to be Freyr’s bride. It is unclear whether the rune is being used to represent the thurses Hrimgrimnir, or if the rune’s energy is intended to power the rest of the spell. Perhaps the sharp point of the thorn “injects” the power. In Germanic folk magic, thorns were sometimes used as the physical manifestation of “elf-shot”.

The Modern Meanings

Contemporary writers have struggled with the problem of how to manage the energy of this rune. Many interpret Thurisaz as the rune of Thor, or of Thor and of the thurses, or Jotnar as well. In later mythology Thor is said to be the son of Odin, but his mother is Earth (Fjorgynn or Jordh), and his worship as a major deity was widespread and perhaps older than that of Odin. Earth as a primal elemental force is one of the elder generations of deities -- the Jotnar (giants), who are the Norse equivalents of the Titans. Thor’s primary function in the legends is to slay them, both male and female. His character in the Eddas expressed raw physical power that is used to defend both Asgard and Midgard from the chaotic energies of the Jotnar. He tells the ferryman:
Harbarzljodh: 23
Many Jotnar there would be if all were let live,
Little room in Midgard would there be for men.

It should be noted, however, that even Thor does not kill all the giants -- only enough so that men can survive. The raw power of Nature must be balanced, not obliterated, and there is some evidence that the Jotnar also received offerings, especially from those journeying in the wilderness.

Thorsson states that the thurs rune represents pure action, potency, raw power, and strength on the physical plane. It is the projectable form of applied power, at once the polarized violence of the giants and the force of Thor that defeats them, the power that releases built-up tension as the lightning releases the power of the storm. James Peterson’s interpretation is that the thurses, or Jotnar, represent elemental, unconscious, irrational, and chthonic forces. Sibley states that the rune represents divine power active on the physical plane, a link between the psychic and the material realms. It is also seen as a rune of chthonic, unstructured natural force. It represents those powers that can grip and seize one with surprise and terror. This power is also that of regeneration and fertility. During the Viking period especially, Thor was the most popular of the Aesir. He was perceived as being both powerful and dependable. Thor’s pillars were set up flanking the high seat in the hall. Oaths were sword upon his gold or silver ring. He brought the storms whose rain fed the crops and banished those powers that would destroy them. His lightning fertilizes the soil by stimulating the formation of nitrates. Thus he was the favorite deity of the farmers. There are many stories about his strength and prowess, often humorous. All his deeds are done with gusto; he lives in the present and deals with problems forcefully and immediately. People wore an image of Thor’s hammer for protection and made its sign to hallow food and drink, and to bless the bride at weddings. Aswynn feels that Thurisaz is the third dynamic aspect of the force of fertility introduced by Fehu and Uruz, the third state in the process of creation described in the Younger Edda. It is therefore an expression of the Jotun-energy of Ymir, the being from whose substance the world was made. One of the forces that the thurs rune can release is the creative power of the libido. It is a symbol of masculine potency, which quickens life in the earth and the wombs of women. Perhaps that is why Petersen believes that the “torment of women” referred to in the Norwegian rune poem is the menstrual cycle, and Wardle identifies it with the pangs of childbirth.

Interpreting and Using Thurisaz

Thurisaz is one of the most powerful runes for use in magic, but one that must be handled carefully. Like nuclear power, it is a force that can heal or destroy. The rune also acts as a catalytic force when paired with others and can be added to empower a spell. In rune spells Thurisaz can be drawn to represent either Thor or the Jotnar. Be careful when invoking the latter, however, as their forces are alien to human thought processes, and extremely powerful. In the mythology, the gods interact with both Jotnar and humans, but there are no direct interactions between etins and men. The gods serve as a buffer between us and the raw forces of Nature, and Thor should be invoked as a balance whenever one is working with those powers. Drawing a “hedge” of thurs runes with the points turned outward creates a powerful protective warding. In readings, Willis feels that the appearance of the thurs rune may mean good luck or assistance, or it may be a warning to take stock and consolidate before moving further or to seek professional advice before making decisions. Depending on the runes that accompany it, Thurisaz could be a warning not to rush into things like a charging billy goat. It can also indicate the presence or need for a condition of health and enthusiasm. If the question being addressed is a practical one, Aswynn suggests that Thurisaz would indicate conflicts and complexities involving aggression, or possibly psychological problems. If the analysis is psychological however, the rune might relate to the individuals strength of will and the will that opposes him. In a reading on relationships it might target areas of conflict. In a negative position, it might indicate a need to shake up the individual or situation, or destructive tendencies that must be recognized to be dealt with.

User Image

Pronunciation: “AHN-sooz”
Meaning: A God, Mouth
ANSUZ, OS is Odin’s wisdom Communicating ecstasy.

The Ancient Meanings

The meanings ascribed to this rune in the old poems center around the concept of communication, extended to include the god who gave us the runes. The name of the rune in Old Norse is As, one of the Aesir, specifically their chieftain, Odin. In Anglo-Saxon the word As, “a god” has been Christianized to a Latin word that has almost the same sound - Os, or “mouth”. According to the Anglo-Saxon rune poem:

Anglo-Saxon rune poem
Mouth is the chieftain of all speech
Mainstay of wisdom, comfort to wise ones
For every noble earl hope and happiness

In this description, the rune could refer either to language or its source. The structure of the verse seems to suggest the latter. This is made even more clear in the Icelandic poem, which states:

Icelandic poem
Ase is the olden-father (Odin)
Asgard’s chieftain
And the leader of Valholl.

On the other hand, the Norwegian rune poem interprets the meaning “mouth” very differently:

Norwegian poem
River mouth is the way of most journeys: but a scabbard of swords

One can understand the second line as a reference to the power of words to calm violence, providing the wisdom for warriors referred to in the Anglo-Saxon poem; however, unless the first line of the Norwegian poem is a metaphor for the point of departure of a shamanic journey, it is tempting to dismiss it as a convenient rhyme! The Elder Edda is rich in verses referring to the power of words. Words were the chief weapon at the Althing. Among the runes that Sigdrifa offers to Sigurd are the following:

Sigdrifumal: 13
Speech-runes learn - that no one may seek
To repay harm with hate;
Well must you wind and weave them
And set them all together:
When men for justice are met at the Althing
And all their leaders are there.

The poem called the “Havamal” is a collection of proverbs attributed to Odin. Many of them warn against speaking too much, or unwisely. “Tis readily found, when the runes thou ask…that tis wise to waste no words” (80). The advice against chattering suggests that the stereotype of the strong silent Northman was an ideal, rather than the average, especially when the mead horn was being passed around the hall. According to the poem, the wise man does not boast, does not tease his tablemates at a feast, and he does not waste words talking to fools. The Havamal also tells of how Odin drained from the cauldron called “Othroerir (“exciter of inspiration”) the mead of poetry, which he then carried home to the gods and to humankind. Resulting in the gift of verse. Finally, we also find verses describing how Odin discovered/manifested the runes, this same passage also leads to a list of runic spells. It is worth noting how many Germanic words for magical practice refer to speech or song. The root word spa means to prophesy or foretell, and titles such as spamadhr and spakona (prophesy-man and prophesy-woman) are derived from it. The verb vitka means to bewitch by singing a charm over and is related to words such as the Old Norse vitki and the English “witch” and “wizard”.

Modern Meanings

Agreement among the ancient interpretations of this rune has led to a general consensus among modern commentators that Ansuz has to do with communication in general and Odin in particular. According to Thorsson, Ansuz is the force of creation. Odhr, the root word for the name Odin, means “frenzy, inspired mental activity, inspiration” The poetic mead and its vessel are both called Othroerir (exciter of inspiration). This is the rune of the Word - song, poetry, and incantation. Osborn and Longland say that it governs the power of oratory, speech, and poetry, and Willis believes it is a rune of wisdom and knowledge, advice and teaching. Peterson feels Ansuz also indicates occult mastery and the sacrifices that entails. For Sibley it is divine power on the divine plane, acting in the spiritual or psychic domains. Aswynn states that this rune represents consciousness, intelligence, communication, and reason. The Aesir represents the organizing intellectual force that balances the chaotic, chthonic energies of the Jotnar. It is a rune of the element of air, Odin’s element, as the medium that carries sound, or even in its atmospheric aspects as wind and storm. Ansuz is also the energy of prana, identified by the Germanic school of rune magic as “odic” force.

Ansuz is the rune of the Aesir and of Odin, their chief, especially in his aspect as source of the inspired ecstasy of poetry. This inspiration was gained through a shamanic initiation in which he hung on the Worldtree and won the runes of wisdom. Odin also bought a drink of wisdom from the well of Mimir by sacrificing his eye. In this aspect, Odin is certainly the god of mental powers - all those qualities associated with the element air, with Mercury, and with the sphere of Hod in Kabbalah. As the High One, Odin gave the gift of ond, “spirit” or “breath”. His wisdom, however is ecstatic rather than intellectual. Assisting him are his ravens Huginn (thought) and Muninn (memory). When Odin travels the earth in disguise he wears a broad-brimmed hat and a gray or blue cloak, and is fond of engaging the unwary in riddle games. In the “Deluding of Gylfi” (Prose Edda), Odin lists alternative names and epithets that are used to refer to him in the literature. An important device in Norse and Anglo-Saxon poetry is the kenning - a description of the thing instead of its proper name (a metaphor), which expresses a rich universe of relationships and perceptions. To understand Ansuz is to tap into the meaning of language.

Interpreting and Using Ansuz

In a reading, Ansuz often indicates mental or creative activity in general and verbal in particular; wisdom, the need for it, also spiritual power as differentiated from physical, or action/development on the spiritual plane. On the physical plane, however, it may relate to problems with breathing or the lungs or the action of the wind.

Aswynn’s interpretation for a practical reading are communication and transmission, or an indication of something with sources in the past. For a psychological profile, she suggests that the rune would indicate higher sources of inspiration from without or within. In a relationship, it would have to do with communication between the partners. In a negative position, Ansuz can mean a separation from one’s true spirit, communications problems, or spiritual imbalance.

When the rune appears in a spiritual context, it may have to do with inspiration, with ecstatic experience, or with the action of the god Odin himself in the life of the querent or the world. It carries the force of consciousness itself, expanding awareness through the spoken symbols of the runes. In the “Lay of Sigfrifa” we are told to “Mind-rune learn, if thou shalt become wiser than other men” (“Sigdrifumal”: 14). The rune Ansuz is the most powerful mind-rune of all. It can be chanted, inscribed, or projected to stimulate eloquence and mental activity, and is a good rune for writers or anyone working in creative or intellectual fields.

source: Taking Up The Runes by Diana L. Paxson

User Image

Well it should be a great month! We're looking forward to seeing everyone hanging around. If you are looking for a great way to earn some extra gold be sure to check out the Guild Lotto - there is a new winner every month!!! I also encourage everyone (if you haven't already) to really explore the subforums - there are a lot of things going on that you might miss out on if you never move off of the main page blaugh - not to mention we'd love to see you there!!! Also if you have any articles, art, poetry, trivia, or anything at all that you would like to submit for the next newsletter please feel free to PM it to MidnightLetter. If we use your submissions in the newsletter you will receive payment for your work - amounts will depend on type of work submitted.

Well...take care and have a blessed August!

B