Reply The Twilight Movie
Things they Can't Pull off for the Movie Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unikorn_Stew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:17 pm
yeah. the movie is NEVER as good as the book.

They'll manage the sparkles.

I don't think they managed Edward at all, I could barely manage imagining that amount of beauty in my head. He's supposed to be an angel, right?

Isn't Alice's hair supposed to be spikey and pixie-like?

I saw on a video how they did the smooth walking, its pretty cool.

They have a few scenes in there that don't happen in the book such as:
-Bella and Edward dancing in, what I'm assuming is, Bella's room.
-Edward slinging Bella over his shoulder in that same scene and flying out the window
-When he stops Tyler's car, he puts his shoulders and back into it, not his hand
-He only stares at her during lunch and biology
-He never has the "she's not one of us" talk with Emmett
-Exetera  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:41 pm
Unikorn_Stew
yeah. the movie is NEVER as good as the book.

They'll manage the sparkles.

I don't think they managed Edward at all, I could barely manage imagining that amount of beauty in my head. He's supposed to be an angel, right?

Isn't Alice's hair supposed to be spikey and pixie-like?

I saw on a video how they did the smooth walking, its pretty cool.

They have a few scenes in there that don't happen in the book such as:
-Bella and Edward dancing in, what I'm assuming is, Bella's room.
-Edward slinging Bella over his shoulder in that same scene and flying out the window
-When he stops Tyler's car, he puts his shoulders and back into it, not his hand
-He only stares at her during lunch and biology
-He never has the "she's not one of us" talk with Emmett
-Exetera

Extra scenes and small changes are necessary in films. For a few reasons:

1) In the book, we follow Bella through out her whole day, everday. We see only what she sees because she's telling us the story. In the movie we are no longer bound to Bella's eyes and thoughts. We can travel to whoever we want (well, whoever the directer wants) and we see more of the story that was previously hidden to us before.

2) In the book we know what Bella is thinking. In the movie we don't. She is no longer narrarating for us. Therefore. more explanation is needed, and also, in a way, less explanation. She no longer has to describe things for us, we get to see them. It's a delicate balance. I think you can understand how that would be difficult.

So wee little changes that are not crutial to the main plot are made. To make it easier to film, to make it easier to understand, to make it easier to portray. There are tons of reasons for why changes are made. Plus, you have to remember that not everyone who is going to see this movie will have read the book. So it has to be understandable for them, too.

We just need to trust that the changes they made are necessary for the movie to function. I highly doubt they changed things just because they can.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 pm
Did they have to ruin Laurent though? I mean... he's gonna die later, but still... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:20 am
The chemistry between Edward and Bella is never going to be as it is described in the book for the reason that Rob and Kristen are actor and actress. But from the trailers i believe that they have got it as close as they possibly can( relationship between the two)  

Ooo Its Fizzical

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:28 pm
This is not the Twilight movie I am talking about but the sequel which I think we ALL hope they do... ANYway I think the skin, eyes, and whispery voices of the Volturi can't be pulled off... I mean if you whisper the cameras can't hear you and if you have a micraphone while whispering to make your voice louder then what is the point of whispering? But for the Twilight movie I sooo wish they would have a quick peek into Edward's head so we can hear everyone else's "thoughts" but I doubt they will do that but it would be cool none the less!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:24 pm
Rin Kairiu
Did they have to ruin Laurent though? I mean... he's gonna die later, but still... sweatdrop
Wow. That kind'a sounds racist.
Why does everyone have a problem with Laurent?
A movie has to SOMEONE of color in the film, otherwise people will get the wrong idea. So why not Laurent? It seem fitting....
stare  

Kaylee49

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:45 am
Sparkly Edward......Um......and to me the car crash, where Edward saved Bella.....I don't think they could.....pull it of... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:38 pm
I wonder why everyone has a problem with him too...
Laurent looks beautiful IMO...

and as far as the sparkles go? I can't wait...I just have a feeling they're going to do fine with their CG work!  

shizzieshiz

Tipsy Lunatic

9,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Grummlie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:29 pm
I think the movie was great but the sparkly skin made me laugh. It wasn't really sparkly ><  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:40 am
Poison Rainbow Tart
I think the movie was great but the sparkly skin made me laugh. It wasn't really sparkly ><

I think they just didn't want to blind us with sparkles. They pulled off his sparkles very well, IMO.  

Rancid Cupcakes

The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces