Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
September 08 Issue Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luna Vampire Yuki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:53 pm
kel aka gandy
Luna Vampire Yuki
Princess Mahii
yeah, its so annoying when a really good series goes on hiatus, even more when youd on't know whne they will come back

I totally agree especially about Yuu Watase -- Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden
and Bisco Hatori -- Millenium Snow

Well...technically Genbu Kaiden is still running, it's just on an (incredibly) irregular schedule in Japan, so basically one volume comes out a year. sweatdrop
But definitely Millenium Snow. However, I'm pretty sure Ouran is running down, so hopefully finishing Millenium Snow is what's next for Hatori...hopefully she doesn't pull a CLAMP and not ever go back to it...

yeah i wish that the new volumes could come out sooner but at the sake and health of these manga-ka we're gonna have to be patient, I definetely would like to see Millenium Snow continued cause it is such a great series. smile if not im gonna be very disappointed.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:32 pm
yeah they need theyr rest, but if a REALLY good series is discontinued, *sadness* sad  

Pandaccino

Mizuko_Arashimoto

Elysian Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:50 am
kel aka gandy
Luna Vampire Yuki
Princess Mahii
yeah, its so annoying when a really good series goes on hiatus, even more when youd on't know whne they will come back

Well...technically Genbu Kaiden is still running, it's just on an (incredibly) irregular schedule in Japan, so basically one volume comes out a year. sweatdrop
But definitely Millenium Snow. However, I'm pretty sure Ouran is running down, so hopefully finishing Millenium Snow is what's next for Hatori...hopefully she doesn't pull a CLAMP and not ever go back to it...

"Pull a CLAMP"? Which series did they never go back to? Just for my knowledge. I'm a CLAMP fan. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:32 am
Mizuko_Arashimoto
kel aka gandy
Luna Vampire Yuki
Princess Mahii

"Pull a CLAMP"? Which series did they never go back to? Just for my knowledge. I'm a CLAMP fan. whee

X/1999 was never actually completed. They claim that they stopped running it because actual events were eerily similar to what was happening in the manga, and they didn't think it was a good idea to continue it at the time, and said they'd go back to it some day. However, they still have not gone back to it...

kel aka gandy
Captain

Pandaccino

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:45 am
I like some Clamp, but when someone pulls somethign like that, grah!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:31 pm
kel aka gandy
Mizuko_Arashimoto
kel aka gandy
Luna Vampire Yuki
Princess Mahii

X/1999 was never actually completed. They claim that they stopped running it because actual events were eerily similar to what was happening in the manga, and they didn't think it was a good idea to continue it at the time, and said they'd go back to it some day. However, they still have not gone back to it...

Ah... =/ And that was back in 1999? 9 years ago? confused Bad CLAMP.  

Mizuko_Arashimoto

Elysian Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Person of Interest 200

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:48 am
Mizuko_Arashimoto
Ah... =/ And that was back in 1999? 9 years ago? confused Bad CLAMP.

It was actually back in 1997, so it's been over ten years since they dropped it. And look at how much they've done since then...it's really rather ridiculous; and they've got like 5 projects going on simultaneously right now.

.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games