Reply Gaiaholics Anonymous
Bag of win= economy crash again?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LolCow Loves Cheeze

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:06 pm
Last time they did this bag of FAIL... the Gaian economy really inflated. I wonder if it's going to happen again? I know it's not going to turn out good but I still can't resist wanting to buy one. I wanna see what I get xD
Too bad, it's 10:00 at night and I don't have any cash. D=

Guys, did you buy a Bag Of Win? And what did you get?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:23 pm
Yes and yes.

With all of the new gold flowing into the system, people have more gold to spend. Hello super inflation. If you remember, a few months after said inflation, the MP took a crap dive. So right now would be a good time to buy older MCs while the prices are still fairly low and then sell them in a few weeks while prices are insanely high.

I gave in and sprung for 10 and couldn't resist ripping open every one of them >< Some good stuff, some crappy stuff. I got a demon imp potion, a Mythrill bag, 3 pairs of eloquent boots, a 7k mythrill coin, white kachina wings, a demon imp plush, a unicorn horn, and a soldat coat.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

LolCow Loves Cheeze

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:30 pm
You got an Imp plush? LUCKEH!
I wanted one so bad xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:06 pm
I bought them with gold for cheap and sold them for higher >__<
with my luck I won't get anything good.

although it seems for the most part people are losing gold than gaining from the mythrill bags  

Neiina

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:15 am
>.< I do not like these bags....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:44 am
They should rename it "Bag of 'let's make our marketplace go crazy'". I wasn't pleased with the first, I'm really displeased with the second, and if there's a third, I might just quit Gaia altogether. Bye-bye moneyAmy.  

Amy Obscurite

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:56 am
I got a bunch of coins that I am storing. A bunch of centaur potions (are those permanent in the shop?), kachina wings, a few other things.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:23 am
Amy Obscurite
They should rename it "Bag of 'let's make our marketplace go crazy'". I wasn't pleased with the first, I'm really displeased with the second, and if there's a third, I might just quit Gaia altogether. Bye-bye moneyAmy.

Why would you quit? I'd be sad.  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

XV - Shadowed Mistress

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:01 am
I caved in about 10 minutes after the announcement and bought two, getting a 40k coin and a 5k coin. This raised my spirits and so I got two more, in which I got a Dandioodad Spore and a Emperor's Headdress. The only reason I didn't get more was because I only had 60 Cash left...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:48 pm
lilartichoke
Amy Obscurite

Why would you quit? I'd be sad.
I'd quit because Gaia keeps ruining the economy this way. My friend was thinking of quitting last time, too.  

Amy Obscurite

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:03 pm
Is that all you really care about here on gaia?
Aren't there other things you like?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:05 pm
lilartichoke
Is that all you really care about here on gaia?
Aren't there other things you like?
I dunno, everyone seems to be pursuing internet fame, no one cares that there's another person on the other side of the screen, just like them, and a lot of people feel the need to be total jerks.

The community's wide and great to talk to, sometimes, if you know the right place to go to, but everyone needs to be noticed by everyone.

Amy Obscurite

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:10 pm
I'll agree with all that.
It is a little silly.

It seems like we are living in the time of the super-ego.
Everyone wants to be famous someway or another.  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games