Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
The power of forgiveness Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:37 pm
tassan
Ratri_Cat
Mini_Angel_1994
I mean, Muhammad convinced us without having to let God appear in front of our faces, that's the main point

What point?

This point >>I mean, Muhammad convinced us without having to let God appear in front of our faces, that's the main point...<<

So seeing the face of God makes my faith weak?

tassan
will he go to do service a little work that his servants can do? sure he would say to his servants!

Spreading the Truth is for mere servants...?
tassan
be flesh to spread his message. i think Catholicism is PRETTY weak at that point!

Because we acknowledge that Jesus is fully human and divine and not weak at all?

And made a conscious choice to endure human suffering?

Ain't following you one bit.

tassan
god can not let his superiority down!

He has the freedom of choice, just like the rest of us.

tassan
you think if your god created this whole universe he needs that little capacity of mind to teach you!

Well Apparently he did a damn good job since Catholicism has lasted for over 2,000 years and still is strong.
God created the universe. HE can do anything HE wishes to. I don't see what's so hard to grasp.

tassan
if god is all knowing then why he did not prove to be superior in spirit form? why he been like you to teach you! He is god not an elder who becomes child to teach children?

I find that spreading a message of love is a bit hard to do when you're chopping people's heads off with the sword. Even if Jesus really is just a prophet, I can be assured I didn't get a double message of love and killing in the name of God. That my man, Jesus, stuck to his message of "love thine enemy" to the point of death by one of the cruelest ways to die...by crucifixion.
but that's just me.

*shrug* you see Jesus as an ordinary being. We Catholics don't. We don't see him as a "frail child", but the Almighty Lord that paved the way to be truly meek and humble and loving by demonstrating it himself.

My God does not separate himself from his children. He is not an aloof being that watches from among the stars. He is ominiescent, among us and always is with us, whether we realize it or not. He made himself known once on Earth, and we don't see him except with the poor, the sick, the lonely.......he is not a Grand King that presides over all...he is a Friend, a Parent, Love.

And thus Islam parts from Christianity.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:45 pm
Mini_Angel_1994
Ok, so the main argument between Muslims and Christians is the proof that jesus is God in flesh, and the existance of the Holly spirit? Is that the difference between Islam, and christianity?
One of many, but probably one of the big ones. It's nothing new, we've argued with the Jews for some time now. I like arguing with them more, mostly because we broke off from them and there is a certain kinship that Christains (not the anti-Semetic ones) will always feel with Jews.

Mini_Angel_1994
If someone proved to you that Jesus isn't God, and he's a prophet as any other prophets, would you go into Islam?

No. I don't like Muslim theology. You've got some good basics but that's it. I will probably remain a Catholic until I die...it wasn't until I dated a Muslim and studied Islam that I realized that. I don't care if someone proved to me that Jesus isn't God. It's the ideology behind that. Because essentially,I'm still worshiping God. Jesus is still one of many names. One less name on the list is not going to make me change my conviction.  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Mini_Angel_1994

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:12 am
Ratri_Cat
Mini_Angel_1994
Ok, so the main argument between Muslims and Christians is the proof that jesus is God in flesh, and the existance of the Holly spirit? Is that the difference between Islam, and christianity?
One of many, but probably one of the big ones. It's nothing new, we've argued with the Jews for some time now. I like arguing with them more, mostly because we broke off from them and there is a certain kinship that Christains (not the anti-Semetic ones) will always feel with Jews.

Mini_Angel_1994
If someone proved to you that Jesus isn't God, and he's a prophet as any other prophets, would you go into Islam?

No. I don't like Muslim theology. You've got some good basics but that's it. I will probably remain a Catholic until I die...it wasn't until I dated a Muslim and studied Islam that I realized that. I don't care if someone proved to me that Jesus isn't God. It's the ideology behind that. Because essentially,I'm still worshiping God. Jesus is still one of many names. One less name on the list is not going to make me change my conviction.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying, it's God who you are worshiping, but Allah said that, he didn't take a wife or children, and whatever good deeds you'll do it'll be nothing, because you didn't believe that Allah is the only worthy one to be worshipped, and he's the only one that you should worship. But that's in Islam science and it wouldn't matter to you. Issa aka Jesus, is just a prophet as like any other. But I can't seem to let you believe that. Were you a catholic since you were born?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:35 pm
Mini_Angel_1994
Ratri_Cat
Mini_Angel_1994

Mini_Angel_1994

Yeah, I understand what you're saying, it's God who you are worshiping, but Allah said that, he didn't take a wife or children, and whatever good deeds you'll do it'll be nothing, because you didn't believe that Allah is the only worthy one to be worshipped, and he's the only one that you should worship. But that's in Islam science and it wouldn't matter to you. Issa aka Jesus, is just a prophet as like any other. But I can't seem to let you believe that. Were you a catholic since you were born?

I find that faith without good works to be a very lame faith indeed.
*shrug* I don't care for your Islamic theory that whom I worship is not the one true God. but whatever.

I've been a Catholic since I was born, strayed from the faith and am coming back to the church, now that I've tasted other faiths and lack of religion in my life and found a bitter taste in my mouth.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas