not really
View Results

Jeweled_raven

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:43 am
I was kind of looking forward to a crazy fight at the end, but I'm okay with how S.Meyer ended it. I'm totally looking forward to future books she publishes.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:02 pm
There should have been a fight with the Volturi. Really, it disappointed me that there wasn't one. Someone major should have lost their life instead of Irina. confused

Angels In Anyone

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:16 pm
the ending felt kind of empty....
i wanted a cliff hanger!
just like the ending of twilight, new moon, and eclipse!!
did you guys notice that before those three ended, there was a major conflict to look forward to...
..but in breaking dawn, almost eveything major is resolved.

and i didn't like the rosalie/bella thing..
alice got pushed away! it's like she was always in the attic, or behind the sofa.. or somewhere far from bella...
and then i felt the strongest sympathy for her when she sat down next to jacob.. she felt out of place... i wanted more alice and jasper! crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:26 pm
When Bella got pregnant I thought Stephenie dropped the ball.
I was so sure that this was an impossibility, and it seemed kind of . . . off.

But anyways, my entire impression of the book changed when i started reading book two and three. I loved Jacob's part of the story (and I should let you know I was all for Jacob being killed off, I hated him in the ohter books) there was a very dark and erie atmosphere about that whole section. And I liked how selfless he had become. He saw that he could no longr have Bella, accepted that fact, and did what he thought was right, he protected the Cullens. It was also fun to be inside his head for a while. He has fun thoughts. And I like Seth, too.

I've been waiting three books for Bella to be changed, and now she finally was. I really enjoyed book three. It was like (as said in the book) Bella was meant to be a vampire, and I liked watching her fit right in.
I thought it was great that Jacob imprinted on her daughter.
And then find out that the Volturi is coming. And this once again changes the atmosphere of the book.
I loved meeting all these new vampires (especially Zafrina, Benjamin, Garrett, Stafan, Vladimir and Eleazar)
And I found the meeting with the Volturi to be quite interesting and frightening. I liked how they were revieled (like the Romanians said) to be power thirsty scum.
How they proceeded to try and destroy the Cullens and their witnessess although they are obviously innocent.
I felt like this scene, although lacked heart stopping action, exposed those that the vampire world relies on as being fakes.
Stephenie has this way of weaving these disturbing feelings that are difficult to pin point in her books (especcially the Host) and I found it was there in this scene, so even though it wasn't outright violence and fighting, it still had that under layer present to make it more urgent that any of the other action sequences in her other books.

And, I'm a sucker for happy endings.
I was glad it all worked out. I would hate nothing more than to have a cliff hanger at the end of the final book.
I like how it wrapped itself up.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Virti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:42 am
hmmm......it might be just me, but when bella was turned into a vampire....Edward had the tendency of saying LOVE allot (both indirectly and directly to her).  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:33 am
Haha did anyone else laugh like crazy when Jacob was describing taking off his clothes in front of Charlie haha!!! I can soo imagine that lol not pretty ha!  

HylianLegacy

MusicGNote

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:51 pm
CiNnA vAniLLa
the ending felt kind of empty....
i wanted a cliff hanger!
just like the ending of twilight, new moon, and eclipse!!
did you guys notice that before those three ended, there was a major conflict to look forward to...
..but in breaking dawn, almost eveything major is resolved.

and i didn't like the rosalie/bella thing..
alice got pushed away! it's like she was always in the attic, or behind the sofa.. or somewhere far from bella...
and then i felt the strongest sympathy for her when she sat down next to jacob.. she felt out of place... i wanted more alice and jasper! crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

The reason everything was wrapped up is because it was the final book. *DUH* If she put anything too major in there, she'd have to write another one. Not that I wouldn't enjoy that, but it has to end somewhere. Stop while you're ahead, right?

I hated Rosalie too. She's just a flat out b***h in this one. But hey, I can't blame her for some of it. Without her, Renesmee would never have been born, most likely. Jasper did get a bit more time in the book though. I never realized that he had a bunch of scars, I'm glad he does though. It's nice that he's not perfect looking, yet he is. Jasper Jasper Jasper.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:00 pm
yah i wish the volturi fight wouldve happened...it was a little bit too innocent...but i did like it.  

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:56 pm
I didn't totally hate the ending... I hated the whole thing...well, I take that back...not the whole whole whole thing...just most of it...It was all good with me when I was hoping that they would kill the evil baby or that bella might die....i was so pumped but then..then..everything just worked out...eww.

i like happy endings...but I hate it when the thing im reading sounds like a fanfiction...it could have been done sooo much better.

I wanna read the original book she wrote for her sister in law or whatever..I cant remember the name for it...

the twilight series should have been more adult...it would have been better.

I still love it and will always but breaking dawn made me feel like...I was loosing my RELIGION.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:07 pm
I don't know how many times I've said this with to my friends, but the ending kinda sucked! I just hated how eveything was all geared up for the fight and then.....BAM!....fairy tale ending!! I didn't know vampires meshed with the whole "happily ever after bit", but I guess I was wrong. neutral  

Post Coital Cookie

Bloblike Loiterer

Post Coital Cookie

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:12 pm
celestialheiress
I didn't totally hate the ending... I hated the whole thing...well, I take that back...not the whole whole whole thing...just most of it...It was all good with me when I was hoping that they would kill the evil baby or that bella might die....i was so pumped but then..then..everything just worked out...eww.

i like happy endings...but I hate it when the thing im reading sounds like a fanfiction...it could have been done sooo much better.

I wanna read the original book she wrote for her sister in law or whatever..I cant remember the name for it...

the twilight series should have been more adult...it would have been better.

I still love it and will always but breaking dawn made me feel like...I was loosing my RELIGION.

Yeah, the whole geared towards a younger audience screwed it up, me thinks. Kept all the lovely X-rated bits between Edward & Belly out and the violence no-existant. Makes me a sad Raging.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:18 pm
Virti
I mean i liked the whole...."lets use bella's powers to recap the entire series"(pg 753) but COMMON i was really hoping bella to would die while giving childbirth....or somthing

Yeah me too...and she would have died with dignity cause of her love for Renesme.  

Evil_Dark_Kitty

emineloves

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:08 pm
don't get me wrong, i loved the book. but i think the whole saga ended pretty quickly, with Renesmee coming into their lives and all. when i finished the book, every few minutes or so i would say "aw man. it's over cry "  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff