Reply Breaking Dawn
jacob *spoilers*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alexx1818

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:50 pm
jacob took me by HUGE surprise in this book. when i first realized that he had is own pov for a while, i was a bit irritated. i thought it was going to be like new moon all over again, only worse. but i liked it after all.

i used to absolutely hate jacob. but now i have a different kind of respect for him after everything he did for the cullens. i LOVED how he stood up to sam. it was awesome.

anybody else's feelings change towards jacob? or were you surprised about his actions at all? ...that kinda thing?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:09 am
yeah mine did...At first I thought he was gonna be a bit...evil after the "I'll kill you, I'll kill you now" part...but

then as he helped the Cullens I was really happy...until the imprinting with there child... sweatdrop ...then I was mad at him.

But at the end seeing how he's matured...I will admit, he's up there with people I respect.  

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

WineChan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:16 am
For me, this is what happened.

jacob: evil
jacob pov: neutral
jacob imprinting: burning_eyes
Jacob now: pirate  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:25 am
yeah i wasnt so sure at first but i did feel bad for him (even though i prefer Edward heart ) but he has really matured. It is a little creepy that he imprinted on Nessie (i like their nickname for her 3nodding ) but its kinda cool too cause now they can all be a family and what not  

Black_twilight910

T0m03

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:39 am
Yeah, I totally took a breather between books one and two just because book two was in Jacob's point of view and I didn't really give a ---- about him. I mean, at the beginning of book two, you can REALLY tell how immature he was and that he really wasn't ready to have what Bella has with Edward. I was SO mad at him at the wedding. I just wished he didn't come back at all. I understand that Bella loves him too and it made her happy for him to be there, especially the beginning when he just arrived, but after a little bit when they got into their argument, I just figured it would have been so much better if he just didn't come at all. I mean, it really wasn't his business what Bella was going to do with Edward at his honeymoon. I just can't stand the fact that Jacob still kept believing that he had a chance with Bella even after she married Edward. Then after all the times that he complained about how Bella wouldn't be Bella anymore after she changed into a vampire just sounded like whining to me. He's a glutton for punishment, and I can relate, but I don't care. I don't like the fact that Stephanie Meyer made him look like some kind of tortured protagonist (no offense to Stephanie, I just don't like Jacob).

It took me awhile to warm up to Jacob even after he started helping the Cullens. First, it took him WAY too long to realize that he was the inherited alpha and could tell Sam to shove it. I really didn't need to hear all that rambling until he FINALLY figured out that he could just walk away. Second, he could be a little less rude to Rosalie. Though I found that their interaction was humorous, I also thought it was quite annoying and him to be WAY immature. I figured that Jacob would settle for Leah until he found the person he imprinted on. Or that he was really going to imprint on someone when he drove off.

It was VERY creepy that he imprinted on Ness. He had some use then but I still thought he was around WAY too much.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:33 pm
Rosalie pissed me off, I'm glad Jake kept messing with her. I really didn't find it immature, he was just joking....it looked like Edward wanted to do more than joke with Rosalie though...Jake got food in her hair.

I love you Bella, but Jakes chapter titles pwned yours.....My favorite from Jake:

Waiting For the Damned Fight to Start Allready

Why Didn't I Just Walk Away? Oh Right, I'm An Idiot.

Good Thing I've Got A Strong Stomach

You Know Things Are Bad When You Feel Guilty For Being Rude To Vampires

What Do I Look Like? The Wizard Of Oz? You Need A Brain? You Need A Heart? Go Ahead. Take Mine. Take Everything I Have.  

BloodOfBeautifulDreamers

XX__MiSSES BRiGHTSIDE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:36 pm
Jacob certainly grew on me.
ALL of the werewolves did, particularly Seth.
And Leah.
I like Jacob a lot now...
And Seth is quite possibly my favorite character. XD
I wasn‘t really disturbed that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee.
I kind of saw that coming.
After all, Stephenie would have wanted to give Jacob a happy ending.
Now that Bella‘s taken, who better than Renesmee?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:16 pm
Yeah I have to agree I'm liking Jacob much better now. I was so annoyed about how much pain he kept causing himself and Bella with seeing each other but now it all bloody makes sense! lol They were fated to be together and it's all worked out. So yes I'm liking Jake and he's probably going to be my favorite werewolf from now on.

Question though.... anyone think they'll do a spin off with just Jacob and Nessie? I see the possibilities there.... it could be cool or am I just greedy and asking for too much?

Lina-wings

Blazing Wildcat

10,550 Points
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Fide et Amore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:31 pm
BloodOfBeautifulDreamers
Rosalie pissed me off, I'm glad Jake kept messing with her. I really didn't find it immature, he was just joking....it looked like Edward wanted to do more than joke with Rosalie though...Jake got food in her hair.

I love you Bella, but Jakes chapter titles pwned yours.....My favorite from Jake:

What Do I Look Like? The Wizard Of Oz? You Need A Brain? You Need A Heart? Go Ahead. Take Mine. Take Everything I Have.

Ditto, I adored his chapter titles. I completely loved his POV, which was surprising, because at the beginning of the second book, I got a little crabby, but after a bit I really started to enjoy it. I love Jake. I'm glad things turned out how they did.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:04 pm
ok so before braking dawn i loathed jacob and wanted him to die really bad. So when i skimmed the book the first becasue the table of contents was wierd and cute off after chapter 8, so i looked to see what happend and then i say the title with Jacob and i all about screamed into a pillow but people were sleeping in my house so i was doomed. and as i finished the last chapter in book 1 i was thinking about skipping book 2. lol. then i read book 2 cause i had a feeling i would miss important details which i was right about and then i finished the book. and now i don't totally loathe jacob but if he didn't imprint on Renesmee i would like soooooo much more cause hes a good person deep down.  

Princess Candy Apple

BloodOfBeautifulDreamers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:55 pm
PoopyBeep
BloodOfBeautifulDreamers

Ditto, I adored his chapter titles. I completely loved his POV, which was surprising, because at the beginning of the second book, I got a little crabby, but after a bit I really started to enjoy it. I love Jake. I'm glad things turned out how they did.
It gives me warm fuzzies inside to know that people who didn't like Jake are warming up to him now! xp  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:04 pm
I liked him even before breaking dawn.....now I love him!  

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:58 pm
My stages of Jacob:

In Twilight: Cute. He's got a crush on Bella.
In New Moon: He's so nice, taking care of Bella with his cute little crush.
In Eclipse: GO DIE, JAKE. ASAP, KAY? THXBAI.
In Breaking Dawn, Book 1: Why hasn't he crashed the wedding yet and why hasn't his body turned up splattered in the middle of some road.
In Breaking Dawn, Book 2: ******** YEAH! Love ya, Jake! W00t. Nice move, going Alpha, dude. Mad skills.
In Breaking Dawn, Book 3: ...Like, seriously, I'd really love you about three times as much if you'd love some different people, dude.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:06 pm
I took me a while to like him agian.
I didn't like him agian intill he imprinted on Renesmee.

XxThe apocalyptic sporkxX

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
Breaking Dawn

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items