I think you're right. :3
View Results

-DiseaseFish-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:14 pm
Kittycharm
-DiseaseFish-
You know what I think?
(AND I'M SORRY)
But I think that Stephenie Meyer didn't have the BALLS to leave one of her characters unhappy.
The book played out like a friggin' disney movie.
EVERYONE got their happily ever afters.

IF Edward DID still have a supply of sperm, it would have died out a LONG time ago. IF you study the human body, you will learn that for semen to survive, it needs to be warm. Edward, I'm pretty sure, is FREEZING.
Not only that, but in the male body, sperm is constantly being reproduced and disposed of through natural courses. Even if the sperm DID survive, it wouldn't be healthy enough to create a baby.

Of course, the sperm could have mutated or something with Edwards vampiric transformation, but even so, the chromosomes wouldn't make sense, like Carlisle pointed out.

It's Stephenies books, they are her babies, and she could do what she wants, but at least J.K. Rowling wasn't afraid to kill off some characters for the sake of reality.
I mean, they didn't even FIGHT the Volturi. WTF?
yes but since he's immortal, his sperm was immortal too.....its vampire sperm. It lasts forever. neutral

still, I feel my time was wasted reading these books. Don't get me wrong, I LIKED them, a lot. I was glad that Edward and Bella got to have their happily ever after, but EVERYBODY.
And why would SM spend SO much bloody time near the end of the book, preparing for a fight with the Volturi that NEVER came.
1. Bella gets the papers and passports for Renesmee to escape with Jacob.
2. They practice fighting.
3. Alice is absent because "Aro wants to take her", when really, it just led up to Alice finding another half vampire, having little or nothing to do with the exploitation of her gift.

AND I'm angry because so much just HAPPENED to work out.

1. Edward just HAPPENED to have sperm that fertilized a human egg.
2. Bella just HAPPENED to survive the delivery of a baby VAMPIRE.
3. Edward just HAPPENED to get the venom in her in time.
4. Bella just HAPPENED to have the one gift that would prevent SM from writing five chapters solely based on bella's newborn hungers and urges, (which we were assured would happen when she WAS eventually turned into a newborn.)
5. Jacob just HAPPENED to imprint on the thing he was hell-bent on killing.
6. Renesmee just HAPPENED to stop growing after seven years, assuring herself and Jacob an ETERNITY of bliss.
7. Aro just HAPPENED to overlook everything and walk away peaceably.

NO ONE, except Irina and her sisters, found ANY sort of unhappiness. Unless you're counting Caius, which is just retarded.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:17 pm
Kittycharm
Kittycharm
-DiseaseFish-
You know what I think?
(AND I'M SORRY)
But I think that Stephenie Meyer didn't have the BALLS to leave one of her characters unhappy.

IF Edward DID still have a supply of sperm, it would have died out a LONG time ago. IF you study the human body, you will learn that for semen to survive, it needs to be warm. Edward, I'm pretty sure, is FREEZING.
Not only that, but in the male body, sperm is constantly being reproduced and disposed of through natural courses. Even if the sperm DID survive, it wouldn't be healthy enough to create a baby.

Of course, the sperm could have mutated or something with Edwards vampiric transformation, but even so, the chromosomes wouldn't make sense, like Carlisle pointed out.

It's Stephenies books, they are her babies, and she could do what she wants, but at least J.K. Rowling wasn't afraid to kill off some characters for the sake of reality.
yes but since he's immortal, his sperm was immortal too.....its vampire sperm. It lasts forever. neutral
And if you are infering that when he was human, he didn't have any sperm.....then ..... stare wow.

Plus, what I'm trying to explain is the book's way of science. You know that this isn't real right? Unless you believe vampires are real. I was only trying to express my theory to others about how I didn't think they were dead.

And besides, you read the book, you read it. THERE WAS A BABY. THE AUTHOR WROTE IT HERSELF. And you're still refusing to go along with this story. THEY HAD THE BABY,OK? WHAT EVER YOU THINK WON'T CHANGE THAT.

And chill out. I'm just saying that Stephenie Meyer was a wuss. I KNOW that me RANTING AND RAVING IN ALL CAPS WON'T CHANGE WHAT HAPPENED IN THE BLOODY FREAKING BOOK.
I'm just discontented, and expected better of the author.  

-DiseaseFish-

WineChan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:33 pm
-DiseaseFish-
Kittycharm
Kittycharm
-DiseaseFish-
You know what I think?
(AND I'M SORRY)

And if you are infering that when he was human, he didn't have any sperm.....then ..... stare wow.

Plus, what I'm trying to explain is the book's way of science. You know that this isn't real right? Unless you believe vampires are real. I was only trying to express my theory to others about how I didn't think they were dead.

And besides, you read the book, you read it. THERE WAS A BABY. THE AUTHOR WROTE IT HERSELF. And you're still refusing to go along with this story. THEY HAD THE BABY,OK? WHAT EVER YOU THINK WON'T CHANGE THAT.

Also, I did study the human anatomy. I know the fricking diference between meiosis, and mitosis, genetic mutations, and deoxyribo nucleic acid. But, humans also need warmth, and apparently, Edward is not human. And since there are no real vampires (unless you actually believe there are), how can you logicaly assume that vampire's bodies are the same as any other animals? As you remember, Stephenie said that they are non-aging. They can't die of old age, and there fore, there is no chance that the sperm in a males vampire's body is dead, because they are still alive. And who cares if the chromosomes don't make sense? This isn't real. Maybe the reason vampires have more chromosomes is because the venom could have not only mutated, but created 2 more chromosomes, that added to the vampire body ( the venom and the finesse they have).

Plus, I'm astounded that you would insult SM that way. That's a very rude thing to say to anyone!

And chill out. I'm just saying that Stephenie Meyer was a wuss. I KNOW that me RANTING AND RAVING IN ALL CAPS WON'T CHANGE WHAT HAPPENED IN THE BLOODY FREAKING BOOK.
Well, I'm pissed mainly because you saying "But I think that Stephenie Meyer didn't have the BALLS to leave one of her characters unhappy. "

It was her story anyway. That's very rude to say  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:40 pm
Kittycharm
-DiseaseFish-
Kittycharm
Kittycharm
-DiseaseFish-
You know what I think?
(AND I'M SORRY)

Also, I did study the human anatomy. I know the fricking diference between meiosis, and mitosis, genetic mutations, and deoxyribo nucleic acid. But, humans also need warmth, and apparently, Edward is not human. And since there are no real vampires (unless you actually believe there are), how can you logicaly assume that vampire's bodies are the same as any other animals? As you remember, Stephenie said that they are non-aging. They can't die of old age, and there fore, there is no chance that the sperm in a males vampire's body is dead, because they are still alive. And who cares if the chromosomes don't make sense? This isn't real. Maybe the reason vampires have more chromosomes is because the venom could have not only mutated, but created 2 more chromosomes, that added to the vampire body ( the venom and the finesse they have).

Plus, I'm astounded that you would insult SM that way. That's a very rude thing to say to anyone!

Well, I'm pissed mainly because you saying "But I think that Stephenie Meyer didn't have the BALLS to leave one of her characters unhappy. "

It was her story anyway. That's very rude to say

Read what I wrote, and you'll find that I FULLY acknowledge that these ARE her books, her babies, and she CAN do what she wants.
An author killing off a character is a very HARD, personal thing to do, and a lot of authors can't, because they are simply too attached. It takes serious guts to kill off someone tangible to you, and she simply couldn't do it. I thought she was an author with merit, and SHE IS, but not the way I thought she was. I expected her to put out REALISTIC literature, not bubbly, fluffy, time-consumers.
it's NICE. I LIKE the book. I just wish it had played out REALISTICALLY.

If that makes me RUDE, so be it.  

-DiseaseFish-

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:08 pm
I agree with your theory 100% ^_____^...I was thinking the same thing about the vampires having kids issue...I'm just glad it was right. I don't know why but to me I guess the author wanted the whole 'family' look as an ending. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:20 pm
I thought so too. I mean, no wonder why edward was gone for a long time in BD. But then again, I think SM wanted us to see what happens with every kind of couple. WHen you're young, it's all about you and him/her. Then, when you have kids.....it's also about the kid. That makes a family.  

WineChan

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:33 pm
-DiseaseFish-
You know what I think?
(AND I'M SORRY)

i agree with u
infact i made a thread about it
and ur right
just because stephanie is a good author doesnt mean shes freakin great enough to make a great ending it was good but it was just misleading and stupid to continue after awhile
who cares if we r rude? if u ask me stephanie meyer was rude for letting us all down
( dont get me wrong i love the books because they are twilight but WTF)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:49 am
I don't think there's anything wrong with the way the book turned out. There are always books that disappoint people b/c of the way they turned out. It happens, but that doesn't mean anything.

I'm glad that Edward got his wish. You know, about Bella being pregnant.  

LittleBabyRenesmeeCullen

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:51 pm
La Beaute
kittiko
I agree.
Everyone is like: "how can edward have sperm if vampires can't sweat or cry."
But I think it's because he already had sperm. He was changed at seventeen, so the age is right. The only reason why vampires can't cry and sweat is because to do those things the body has to change a little right? (just my thoughts/opinions)

Ok apparently you guys dozed off at the part where Esme was CRYING because Alice and Jasper disappeared. And even so, Bella was questioning it herself and in her immortal state she herself cried. Case solved. Vampires do cry. =3

yes but if you read it it says she didn't cry tears just went therough the motions and sobbed but no tears... by the way I agree with the theory... but with no bloodflow how does he get an erection? that is the mystery number 2  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:17 pm
-DiseaseFish-
Kittycharm
-DiseaseFish-
You know what I think?
(AND I'M SORRY)

still, I feel my time was wasted reading these books. Don't get me wrong, I LIKED them, a lot. I was glad that Edward and Bella got to have their happily ever after, but EVERYBODY.
And why would SM spend SO much bloody time near the end of the book, preparing for a fight with the Volturi that NEVER came.
1. Bella gets the papers and passports for Renesmee to escape with Jacob.
2. They practice fighting.
3. Alice is absent because "Aro wants to take her", when really, it just led up to Alice finding another half vampire, having little or nothing to do with the exploitation of her gift.

AND I'm angry because so much just HAPPENED to work out.

1. Edward just HAPPENED to have sperm that fertilized a human egg.
2. Bella just HAPPENED to survive the delivery of a baby VAMPIRE.
3. Edward just HAPPENED to get the venom in her in time.
4. Bella just HAPPENED to have the one gift that would prevent SM from writing five chapters solely based on bella's newborn hungers and urges, (which we were assured would happen when she WAS eventually turned into a newborn.)
5. Jacob just HAPPENED to imprint on the thing he was hell-bent on killing.
6. Renesmee just HAPPENED to stop growing after seven years, assuring herself and Jacob an ETERNITY of bliss.
7. Aro just HAPPENED to overlook everything and walk away peaceably.

NO ONE, except Irina and her sisters, found ANY sort of unhappiness. Unless you're counting Caius, which is just retarded.

EVERYTHING IN BOOKS, TV SERIES, MOVIES... ALL THAT STUFF...
JUST HAPPENS TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!! DUHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rolleyes

i completly agree w/ the theory btw!!!!! good job!!!!!!!  

m33p01

RisSohma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:35 pm
Quote:
yes but since he's immortal, his sperm was immortal too.....its vampire sperm. It lasts forever.

I get what you're saying... but if that was the way that it worked, then wouldn't they have immortal hearts and stomachs and stuff as well? The heart dies, the stomach dies, the lungs aren't necessary and die, etcetc. I definitly see Meyer's inconsistancy with vampire bodies.

And if the sperm did, by some miracle, manage to be 'immortal sperm', then wouldn't it need bllod or something? It would need something to sustain life, and I have no idea what the sperm equivalent of blood would be, but I'm fairly positive that it would be incapable of sitting around for a century in a cold body without any tending to and then creating a child.

And if you're really set on the idea of sperm being immortal, and perhaps not even requiring nourishment, then there's also the problem of... super sperm strength? rofl Its a funny thing to think about, but an extremely true one. If the sperm were to be vampiric sperm [lolz], even if it's microscopic, they're going into Bella's body filled with not super strong microscopic things.

It seems sort of unlikily that the super strengthed, century old, sperm warrior was capable of creating a baby with Bella's flimsy, human egg.

And that's not even looking at it scientifically >P

Stephenie was just getting too overconfident in her writing and wanted everyone happy. Perhaps the world changed because of her books.. but scientific laws did not xp

And another thing to add to the just happened list.. Charlie just happened to not want to know why his daughter was living with the cullens, how she had a child, why she looked differently, and didn't care about jacob being a wolf. Thats not even considering the fact that after Aro read Edward and Carlisle's minds, he didn't mind that a human was dangerously close to knowing everything.

I'll throw myself under the bus and take a lot of hate mail... but I agree completely. I really dont think that she had the balls to make it realistic. That being said, I don't mean 'kill off the cullens', but when you hype up this Volturi confrention for half of the book with strategy conversation, a couple dozen vampires gathering from around the world, the training... and all that happened was the Cullens telling Aro that renesmee grew, Caius saying to fight anyway, the cullens saying that renesmee grew, caius saying to fight anyway, the cullens saying that there are lots of witnesses, caius saying to fight anyway, and then we discover two new species that have been hidden so far under the radar that in all of carlisle's 300 years, he never saw 'real werewolves' and now there are a few 'half vampires'.

I'll accept more hate mail....... but a small part of me is kind of glad that there arent more books coming out.... considering that a new species is coming into light about every single book...

Is there no safety for us humans? xp  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:15 pm
RisSohma
Quote:
yes but since he's immortal, his sperm was immortal too.....its vampire sperm. It lasts forever.

I get what you're saying... but if that was the way that it worked, then wouldn't they have immortal hearts and stomachs and stuff as well? The heart dies, the stomach dies, the lungs aren't necessary and die, etcetc. I definitly see Meyer's inconsistancy with vampire bodies.

And if the sperm did, by some miracle, manage to be 'immortal sperm', then wouldn't it need bllod or something? It would need something to sustain life, and I have no idea what the sperm equivalent of blood would be, but I'm fairly positive that it would be incapable of sitting around for a century in a cold body without any tending to and then creating a child.

And if you're really set on the idea of sperm being immortal, and perhaps not even requiring nourishment, then there's also the problem of... super sperm strength? rofl Its a funny thing to think about, but an extremely true one. If the sperm were to be vampiric sperm [lolz], even if it's microscopic, they're going into Bella's body filled with not super strong microscopic things.

It seems sort of unlikily that the super strengthed, century old, sperm warrior was capable of creating a baby with Bella's flimsy, human egg.

And that's not even looking at it scientifically >P

Stephenie was just getting too overconfident in her writing and wanted everyone happy. Perhaps the world changed because of her books.. but scientific laws did not xp
OH, xd I said that I didn't think the heart died. I theorized that it froze in time, a.k.a., immortal.

And of course the sperm would need blood as well. I think when vamps drink blood, I think that it goes to the sperm too. I got the idea when in.....I don't know, it was either twilight or eclispe, that when vamps drink blood, the blood spreads out into the body filling it's tissues. Because the sperm has no human qualities yet.....and when humans do turn into vamps, the venom does spread through the entire body, so I' pretty sure the sperm is changed too. Oh wait, it was eclispe. whee

And I think that sitting around in a cold body, sure in a normal human body it would die, but like I theorized, I think it's immortal sperm, and temperatures don't affect it since vamps aren't affected by heat or cold anyway; it only needs blood like all the other vamps. But once it went into Bella's body, I'm sure that the sperm and egg had to mix since they are sex cells, and in that since, making a fetus that has half the chromosomes human, and half of the chromosomes vampire. One half from the vamp, one half from the human, making forty.....something xd chromosomes. Well, anyway, so when the sperm and egg do mix, the fetus is no longer just immortal anymore, and this time it would die if it didn't get blood, being half human.

And I, sort of, get what you're saying about the super sperm strengh. I think that it does have "super strengh". Since all vampires used to be humans, I'm sure that most of their "super strengh genes" match human ones, just much stronger. The venom gene must be added when humans turn into vamps, so that's why the fetus didn't get the venom gene, I think. In the since though, Renesme did acquire super strengh. Renesme was only a little stronger than a normal human though (when she squeezed rock and she jumped into the air 15ft high), I think her human genes kinda countered it and made her vampire genes less powerful; whether she aquired the super vampire strengh gene or not, I don't know....but she does has some super strengh.

Sorry, I know it's a big theory. But hey, we'll find out anyways when the twilight guild book comes out in december. 3nodding  

WineChan

La Beaute

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:34 pm
*Please Take My Comment in a Mature Fashion*

Wait... when sperm is ejaculated.. doesn't the body change?? Doesn't the p***s get heated and warm so it's easier to slip in and doesn't the p***s change also from an erection? If the theory that vampires are frozen in time is true, then how does it not stop Edward from having an erection?

PS
I feel like this has been mentioned before, but I can't recall it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:09 pm
It's not just the vamps that get frozen though... The Shapeshifters do as well (Jacob, Sam, Leah, etc.) There was that whole discussion between Leah and Jacob about how she can't have kids while she's a wolf because she's frozen... she even said how she could relate to Rosalie, Esme and Bella on the issue.  

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers