Reply Breaking Dawn
Do you agree? *spoilers*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alexx1818

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:11 pm
I've been reading a lot of reviews, mostly on Amazon, and a lot of them have been saying the same thing. What do you think?

**I wrote none of this. These are reviews that other people wrote. I don't want to take credit for something someone else wrote, even if it is just a review.**

"I liked how Meyer introduced the Jacob/Bella dynamic to show the complexity of relationships, and that love means SACRIFICE and making a CHOICE. Now, I don't know what message the author wanted to say or what she was thinking."

"Bella didn't have to sacrifice anything apparently. She gets Edward AND a baby AND immortality as a vampire. What about poor Jake--not a problem, he IMPRINTS on the baby!"

"Bella didn't want children, yet when she finds out she's pregnant she doesn't even freak out; she's carrying a vampire's child and it's just 'my heart had grown, swollen up to twice its size in that moment.'"

"I am 28 and if I felt a baby kick for the first time, I would freak. I can't imagine what a real teenager would think if that happened. I doubt her first reactions would include joy. I would want my mother. I would be scared. Bella? No, she calls Rosie."

"Bella gets everything, which isn't necessarily bad but she gets everything in the most disturbing and inappropriate way. I can not imagine any parent being okay with the message this book provides. All you need is Men in your life, a baby, marriage, and a small cottage in the woods. No matter how young and irresponsible you are."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:28 pm
The last one makes me mad. What's wrong with wanting that stuff? I do. I want exactly that, or similar, but I doubt that I'll be lucky enough to get an Edward. Besides, true fans write about their reactions on places like here, not on amazon. That's meant for the sole purpose of selling things and making money, they don't go into detail either. For number four, well Bella's situation is a bit different isn't it? She can't exactly call her mother now can she? If it was a normal pregnancy, I'm sure she would. To the first one, LMAO. They're just trying to make the book into real life, if only you could. If she/he was actually immersed in the Twilight world, it wouldn't matter to her/him, and it would make perfect sense. I still think it's a bit amusing though. lol  

MusicGNote

Breaking Dawn

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff