Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Cup

Back to Guilds

A place to talk with and race other Rallyers and once in a while there's a tournament. 

Tags: Rally, Tournament, Racing 

Reply The Dragon Cup
Delaware Circuit Racing S2000 Project & Tricked Out Beater

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Speed Drive

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:34 am
Hello my name is Dorian. I am currently 24 and working 2 jobs to fund this project. I have no sponsors no rich parents and lots of bills! With that said and done I have always wanted to racer professionally as a career. I been into cars since I was born starting with the classic Transformers, speed racer, and sonic the hedgehog cartoons. In Elementary anything cars or robotic was my thing I love customizing them to my likings. Middle school I like wood shop and tech making little wooden battery powered cars, rockets, and etc. High school my major was Automotive and Art Making things unique. College after switching so many majors I decided to go to automotive where I graduated with my degree. After working on cars for so many years in different jobs I wanted a new approach. I prefer being behind the wheel rather then under it. Learning new techniques, shift points, etc. So This car out of my previous one is gonna be a street legal racer car. Well street legal for now at least. I picked a 2001 S2000 for two reasons. One I don't wanna have something that everyone else has I want to do something different. I haven't seen many ppl do much mod with a s2k. Secondly I wanted to do something on a high dollar side not to expensive but not common ether. I mean its a nice ride good interior, nice look, 50/50 weight, high rpm it has some good stock features. This will be the project race car. Now my beater is a 1997 Mazda mpv all beat up and crappy looking. I'm sure when the s2k is out for major mods I will have some free time to work on the Mazda just for the heck of it. Once u see pictures of both cars u will see what I mean. This thread is kinda like a start to finish thread. My goal is to have both cars done by the end of the year if not early next year about march 09. I will have photos up shortly I will keep updating as progress continues. mrgreen ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
here are a few pics of the s2000. These are the specs as of now. Engine is all stock, hard top, custom gears in both the tranny and rear, gutted cat, and tein lower springs. All this was with the car before I purchased it at the dealership. The previous owner used this car for drifting. (he did more harm then good but with rich parents I guess it doesn't really matter! I met the kid later on down the road!) Its a 2001 honda s2000 and I named it silver sonic! smile User Image

and here are pics of the 1997 mazda mpv all stock and very damaged. The mazda name is Muzzy! smile (the hanger adds horse power no really it does! smile j/k User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

The Speed Drive

The Speed Drive

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:13 am
Did my first Dyno run it went alright! I got 192 in wheel horse power and 146 in foot pounds torque. Not a bad start from a 4 cylinder. Here is a video of it! http://youtube.com/watch?v=sleD449GeYs

I did order some parts today. I didn't have much money so I got what I could. I purchase the Greddy E management ecu, Some Pipe for a custom exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and a K&N air filter for Silver sonic (2001 Honda s2000) For muzzy ( 1997 Mazda MPV) Went to the junk yard for some parts, stock fog lights and rear whipper. Also I changed all the fluids in both vehicles!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:22 pm
are u still working on it?  

ShadowSpikesX

The Quick Drive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:43 pm
Hey Bro u need to update this thing! When are u gonna be racing it again?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:57 pm
ShadowSpikesX
are u still working on it?

I had a lot of stuff happen which pushed me far back on the project but I will start posting agian  

The Speed Drive

The Speed Drive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:02 pm
HotRodXxX
Hey Bro u need to update this thing! When are u gonna be racing it again?

Here is pics from the last race at super stallions 08. Was u and mom there? User Image
User Image

I ran 13.7 in a 1/4 mile at 103mph  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:28 pm
S2000?? That is pretty impressive! I like those! My dream car is a 2001 BMW m3! OMG I love those! crying  

LonerX007

The Dragon Cup

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff