Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
What do you like/hate about Bella? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The 4th Yondaime-Hokage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:38 pm
Ugh..well i still haven't read breaking dawn, but iv heard a lot. But just finished the fight scene with Seth, ed, Victoria, and Riley..all i have to say is atm i kinda hate bella for kissing Jake. but...idk this book is leaving me mixed especially what she thought about doing with the jagged stone..
idk..i can defiantly see the similarities with my girl and bella, except for the whole third love.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:56 pm
Bella's stuborness bothers me, too. I like how loving she is to Edward. He deserves that much at least  

hkkpfwg96

Neural Oscillation

Eloquent Roisterer

9,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:52 am
I like the fact that she's a klutz: I can relate to her on that, as can alot of other people on this board xd And in the first book she was really witty. I always liked that alot. She made me laugh alot.

The things that I hate about her are the helplessness and her CONSTANT marveling at how beautiful Edward is. I mean, at least half of every thought that she ever has is about Edward. She's also very injudicious and makes bad decisions. Like when she kissed Jacob. I was like "WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER?!" It's like, "I love Edward to the ends of the earth! But I just sucked face with Jake..." stare  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:20 pm
I'd have to say the thing that I liked best about Bella was that she wasn't some glamour queen, popularity magnet, etc. She was a normal person with insecurities and faults. She was far from perfect. And yet, she was so humble she couldn't see the good in herself! I loved her as a character. biggrin  

i am the slaughter

Queen Historia

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:20 am
When i first read Twilight I was sort of bummed because their relationship was so fast. And I completely agree with the whole 'edward's beautiful thing'. I mean is that the only reason she likes him? I'm more drawn to Edward in all the books then Bella really. And Breaking Dawn made me like Jacob.

What I do like about Bella would have to be that she's stubborn. I'm stubborn too so their was that trademark.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:33 pm
I always liked Bella.....until Eclipse, with the whole Jacob thing. And now in Breaking Dawn....she just seemed..different. And a bit selfish :/ I dont know, but by the end of the book i just wanted to kill her xD  

KaySabaku

Sylvie Windren

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:36 am
She was alright in Twilight and some of New Moon, but that about it. lol. The always thinking of Edward's beauty (as many said) is annoying. The selfishness...everybody is selfish now and then, but she is overly so. And a lot of the time, if she realizes how selfish she is being, she doesn't go back and fix it..she just leaves it as it is. Well it all done and over with I might as well keep what I want (sort of thing). Sometimes she is very naive too... ... overestimating herself and underestimating the vampires.

Let me just say...I was really relieved when I saw Jacob POV at the end of Eclipse. I was like. OMG a break from Bella!

The ONLY thing that she has similar to me is her lack of self esteem. lol. We only think she is plain looking because she thinks she is plain looking. Anyways...I'm the same way...I consider myself completely normal looking, nothing that special. Of course I've had people tell me otherwise but I don't believe them. lol. They know me so they MUST have some sort of bias.
Shadow__Dweller

And when she chose Edward over Jacob, and he said to her "are you sure you made the right choice?" and she replied "I know who I can't live without"....it seemed as if she choose Edward because she needed him, not because she wanted him...and want and need are two different things.

Ha HA. A nice little point you have there. *chuckles*

Overall, I don't really like Bella that much. She won't make it in my top 5 characters. But...I obviously don't hate her either. If I hated her I never would have been able to continue reading and loving the series. ha ha ha.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:00 pm
It is almost disturbing how stubborn she is, even if she knows she's wrong. Sometimes I'm like that too though. I hated that she was athleticly challenged. It bugged me to no end how she was so weak and uncoordinated. I never liked that she thought she was average looking. I always imagined her very pretty. I did like, however, that she never said a word about her weight. Probably because she didn't have an issue with it. I also did not like how she couldn't be mad at Edward when he was gone. I would be furious. She just got rid of her birthday present. There are probably more things, like her incredibly slow driving, but I can't remember any now.  

Unikorn_Stew

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces