Too short give me another one.
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

Creative-berry-genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:35 am
To put it planely the book sucked.

YES it did
for one thing it didn't feel like edward and bella anymore. If you go back to one of the earlier books and then jump to this one you might see what i mean (or you could say it was just in my head)

I was also expecting more from bella's power then a mind sheild.

Renesmee was cute and to be honest I loved her more then I loved bella in this book.

Jacob got boring after he imprinted. The hot headedness was gone and he actually liked edward.

We went hunting with bella what like twice and she was already a pro?

For being a strict mormon stephenie got alot of bed time into the story.

Bella never got to fight...why the crap not?!!!

All in all I thought something was gone that had been in the first three the only reason that I will reread this book is because it is part of the searies and for Renesmee.

I hope Stephenie did a better job on Midnight sun (Edwards pov)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:11 pm
I see what you're saying. I agree that it didn't feel like the same Edward and Bella that we all fell in love with from the beginning, and that the change in Jacob was really strange as well (but Renesmee was so bloody adorable!). And Bella's power did kind of tick me off.....and the whole 'We went hunting with bella what like twice and she was already a pro?' thing, I see what you mean too. But then I remembered that vampires seem almost perfect at everything (I say that because most have almost no control when they smell human blood)to humans, and we are the humans. And poor Jasper seemed so pissed that Bella had so much control over her actions as a newborn than he did when he was a newborn himself. I was actually expecting some fatalities from the newborn Bella, but we can't have everything we want. And I wanted to see Bella fight, to see what she could do, what her limits were......Even though it's my least favorite of the series, I wouldn't say it sucked. And from what I've read of Midnight Sun, it's going to be BLOODY BRILLIANT! I truly cannot wait!XD  

Rancid Cupcakes

Princess Candy Apple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:26 pm
i have to agree this one wasn't as good as the others and i hope Midnight sun will redeam her cause shes one of my favorite authors and the book was a disapointment. And the whole bed thing she at least did it tastefully and wasn't that bad considering where she could have went with the scenes. but i think Midnight Sun will be better and i can feel it, like Breaking Dawn there was something wrong that i could feel before the book came out.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:27 pm
i agree to an extent.

yes, the book wasnt very good. bella and
Edward seemed OOC (out of character)
the whole time.

but, who cares if they were in the bedroom
a lot? they were newly weds. and besides,
what does it matter if steph is mormon? she
has three kids. shes been in the bedroom
herself.

and; why would you want them to fight? not
everyone would have lived. including the
Cullens. not every Cullen would have survived.

Dine with the Damned

Creative-berry-genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:30 pm
Princess Candy Apple
i have to agree this one wasn't as good as the others and i hope Midnight sun will redeam her cause shes one of my favorite authors and the book was a disapointment. And the whole bed thing she at least did it tastefully and wasn't that bad considering where she could have went with the scenes. but i think Midnight Sun will be better and i can feel it, like Breaking Dawn there was something wrong that i could feel before the book came out.

Your right she could of gone further then she did I thought the feathers were funny. The book wasn't a total bummer cause i liked Renesmee but I still can't get over the fact that edward and bella were not the same as before  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:37 pm
Your My Brand Of Heroin
i agree to an extent.

the whole time.

herself.

They didn't have to have a full out brawl I mean she could of gotten into a fight with one of the vampires who were wittnessing for them.

Bella always calmed down before we could see what damage she could do

I just said she was mormon cause I didn't think she would of put it in so many times because she was religious and i think she said somewhere that she didn't really want to have sex scenes or somthing(maybe i'm confused with something else whatever)  

Creative-berry-genius

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:54 pm
Creative-berry-genius
Your My Brand Of Heroin
i agree to an extent.

the whole time.

herself.

They didn't have to have a full out brawl I mean she could of gotten into a fight with one of the vampires who were wittnessing for them.

I just said she was mormon cause I didn't think she would of put it in so many times because she was religious and i think she said somewhere that she didn't really want to have sex scenes or somthing(maybe i'm confused with something else whatever)

... if bella fought with one, it would have brought
a full-on war. if one fights, they all fight.

why do you think they held tanya and kate back?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:21 pm
the thing i was irritated about was how easily bella got everything she wanted.

yes, i know, she had to give birth to something that nearly killed her, but i couldn't help but get agitated when she brings up "oh it's ok i'll just have edward bite me once the baby's out" which kind of ruined the whole "oh she's sacrificing her life!"

so then right away she's a vampire. i'm thinking "ok this is where it gets good" i expected her to have SOME hardships. since when is bella perfect at everything?? i felt bad for jasper! she's just perfectly able to run away when she finds two hikers in the woods...right. very newborn like. i wanted her to have to TRY for something, not just have this strange mentality issue that makes her able to skip the first difficult year.

she got everything so easily...i also couldn't help but notice that the ONE character sm kills off is a character that none of her readers are attached to. no sacrifice whatsoever..  

alexx1818

-I_Love_Loony_Luna-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:15 am
Yeah I was pretty annoyed at it too. I loved the clutsy, human Bella. I don't know why. I'll miss her though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:11 am
Creative-berry-genius
Your My Brand Of Heroin
i agree to an extent.
the whole time.
herself.

User Image

Being Mormon has nothing to do with it. They're just like everyone else, contrary to common belief. She wanted it to be done with some taste, because she knew that she would probably have flocks of mothers coming after her if she put in too much detail.

And it didn't really seem like it was in there a lot. It's mentioned, what, three times? With almost NO details to what they're doing except that she couldn't get enough of it and kissing. Maybe mentioning the fact that they were naked, but I hardly see that as a lot of bed time.

And I think if they had attacked the Volturi like Tanya and Kate wanted to, they would have been destroyed by the time Alice showed up to save their necks, thus leaving poor Renesmee an orphan. Even if she does have Jacob to care for her, we know how close she and Bella were. How heartbreaking would that have been?
User Image

Angels_can_fly2

-DiseaseFish-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:47 pm
Anyone old enough to understand what she meant by the "breaking of the bedpost" or the "biting of the pillows" is old enough to hear a little more than the details of the lingerie that Alice packed for Bella.

Really, these books have become prime game for pre-teens to early-teens.
So, it's understandable that we older girls wouldn't get the gratuitous sex scene we all wanted.
Then again, imagination is nice too...
:]  
Breaking Dawn

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces