Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Random thoughts...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Indisgression

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:03 pm
I have a few friends that have tried to help guide me and lend a helping hand to my spirituality. Though I have noticed over the past month that nothing they have been trying to teach me makes sense. I am starting to believe that most of what goes on is made up within their minds. >.> I've tried to offer help to them and they seem to be arrogant towards my hand. Lately, I've been pondering the fact of maybe I'm the one whose wrong, even though everything I've discovered through all the great people I've met, who wish to guide me, feels so correct. Before they got involved with my life, I used to have an understanding of the world, now my head is just filled with questions again. So my basic random thoughts here are; Am I moving in the wrong direction now? Should I still try to help my friends with their pursuit of knowledge and understanding? Should I try to contact one of my 'teachers' about this?

If ya'll have any advice, I'm open to hear it. x.x I don't think I've ever been so confused in my life.

~Peace and Love~  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:17 am
I kind of question why you seem to be leaving your spirituality in the hands of others. It's YOUR spirituality, not theirs! Especially if they treat your input with disdain it doesn't seem too helpful IMO. If it doesn't make sense and seems to be raising more questions than it answers, I would start doing your own thinking and your own researching. I don't doubt they're trying to help, but there is a right way and a wrong way.

Out of curiosity what kinds of things are they telling you?
And I'm not understanding how it doesn't make sense, but feels correct?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Jernni

Sparkly Millionaire

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:57 am
Reading your post my first thought was.... why do you need others to accept or love the path you're on? And why do these people need to believe the same things as you, or vice versa?

Spirituality, God, Growth, all of that is incredibly personal, and should stay so. The beautiful thing about Wicca or Druidism is that they tend to shy away from organization, which can kill personal growth.

I think you need to sit down, have a one on one with the powers that be, and figure out what YOU want. what YOU believe, and what YOU are willing to do to keep those beliefs close to your heart.

You sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders, but if you let anyone who is passionate about their faith shake yours, then you will never be on firm ground again.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:02 pm
if you dont feel that what they teach you is correct, you don't have to accept it. dont follow others just to follow, find your own way, find what you believe to be true  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Indisgression

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:11 pm
I've debated amongst all of this, yet its a bit more complicated then me just being a follower. I've tried many times to explain my point of few to each of them, both as a group and individually. They all act like they are all knowing and all powerful and it drives me crazy trying to explain anything to them. I'm persistent about this, because I have a deep love and respect for each and every one of them. They were all there during my hardest times ever. I guess you could say though, that my point of view has slowly been hindered by being told the same message repeatedly every day from them. I thank you for showing me that x.x I just want to be able to help them along their path and not see them stay lost like they are.

~Peace and Love~  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:12 pm
It's arrogant to assume that they're lost. Their views differ from your own, but that doesn't mean they're lost.

Friends don't usually make good teachers. Teachers are always the superior, even in situations when you're trying to avoid that sort of thing. So a friend suddenly becoming a teacher means there tends to be power-struggles and issues of that sort. It's natural with humans really.

When it comes to teachers, it depends what they're teaching. If they're teaching their path - for example, if they're teaching Wicca - then your own spirituality isn't as relevant as it might seem it should be. What they're teaching is Wicca, not a path that can be changed and switched around for the individual. In learning about the particular religion, you don't have to follow it yourself, but that's that religion, you know? Questions are important to understanding it, and if they presume to teach it they should either know the answers or where the answers can be found. But whether it matches for you isn't necessarily relevant. Sometimes the answer is just "because that's the way it is done".

If they're being spiritual guides, they shouldn't be telling you what to do at all. They should be helping you decide what you want to do and why you want to do it. And a part of that would be sharing what they do themselves, and why.

As for questioning things: suddenly feeling like you know nothing is a normal part of spiritual growth. As we learn different things and explore different paths, from time to time stuff gets thrown up into the air and re-organised. Living without a particular "map" for things is difficult and disarming, but you re-establish new maps and new understandings as you go. You can disagree with other paths all you please, but there's no harm in learning about them.

So, you have a different view of things. This is good, really. Different perspectives help us understand our own spirituality as well as that of others. So perhaps you need to talk to your friends about how you feel that you're not being heard, and you'd like to share how you feel about things.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Indisgression

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:35 pm
I referred to them as lost, because when it comes to spirituality to them, its more of a game. Like, for example, its an "I can do it and most people can't." thing. x.x Although, you are correct, calling them lost would be an improper description.

You've given me a lot to ponder, thanks for the insight.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:24 pm
Ah. People like that annoy the crap out of me stressed "Play-gans" is a rather entertaining term for it ^_^ It can be really frustrating for a person who's really serious and dedicated to their path to come across people who are just in it for the lulz. Lulz are all very well, but there's a limit.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas