Submit

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:52 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shot at Crystal Ball XXV by my friend Cathus. It was FREAKIN' cold when he shot this, and I had just gotten done dancing, too, so it was especially cold.

I am dressed in middle class Tudor (wool and linen, baby!), and yes, I am corseted. You can't see the corset itself, but you can see the effects of it (which is the way it's supposed to be).

BTW. Crystal Ball was a BLAST. Loved it. Can't wait to do it again.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:54 pm
We're wearing the "ancient and honorable crowns of the East", and signing scrolls.
The sad part was that we usually were given them about five minutes before court and often didn't even get a chance to look at them! One of the things they don't tell you about being on the throne- no you don't have control, everyone tells you what to do, where to go.  

Tchipakkan

10,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:15 pm
I forgot there was a picture posty thing so I made a new thread for my duct tape bag... Oops redface

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:09 pm
I decided last minute before the last event I went to to make a new gown, and here it is! Next project will be to make a straight armed chemise to go with it.

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:00 am
Where was this event, LittleGreenGirl? You look great! You made the gown yourself? I bet you could make a small bartering business, making garb for people in exchange for, I don't know, food or weapons or jewellery or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:24 am
Divash
Where was this event, LittleGreenGirl? You look great! You made the gown yourself? I bet you could make a small bartering business, making garb for people in exchange for, I don't know, food or weapons or jewellery or something.

Thanks! Yeah, I make all my own garb. Sometimes I do barter with my sewing skills, actually. In fact, recently I made a friend some pants in exchange for him reformatting my laptop. Oh, and the event was Warriors and Warlords, in Northshield.  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:26 pm
Hmm...I don't apear to have any pictures in garb. I must remedy this. I'll be back when I have aquired photos.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:06 pm
LittleGreenGirl
I decided last minute before the last event I went to to make a new gown, and here it is! Next project will be to make a straight armed chemise to go with it.

That's an amazing dress and you look great in it!

=3  

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:47 am
Sometimes it's fun to switch centuries and do something unexpected. So this is a picture of myself taken at Spring Coronation in 2009 when Meridies holds its Black and White Ball.

-Iofa-

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:12 pm
Oh WOW!! You look FANTASTIC!! <3 heart heart  

Naito_Mitsukai

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:46 am
You look wonderful in that period, Lark. Seriously. Have you considered wearing more of it?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:58 pm
User ImageSo, does anyone know where I can find a tutorial for wacky headgear to go with my new houppelande?

And really, I just need to get on the ball and make some Byzantine. The later period stuff is nice, but I'm a Byzantine. After taking a few classes on this era of clothing and being commanded by Her Majesty Maerwynn (Calontir) to make garb, I should probably do that. (all because I'm insane and entered our Queen's Prize A&S competition with a clothing design entry.)  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:48 am
Oh wow! It looks absolutely lovely!! Have you searched the SCA A&S sites for help?

http://sca.org/activities/AandS.html

You could try the mailing list, and put a message out there! biggrin You'd probably find help much faster! 3nodding

As for pictures - that beautiful purple dress I mentioned about a year ago - finally have done the alterations to it, and I wore it to Avacal Investiture this past weekend! biggrin I'll try to find a picture of it to post! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:14 pm
Thanks! I think I know now where I'm going with this (after some research in some other A&S sites), but I'll go ahead and see what other people think, too.  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers