Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Monk/Psych Fanguild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Monk, Psych, House, USA Network, television 

Reply You'll thank me later! (Monk discussion)
Monk, we never thank you later. >.<

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Yume

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:50 pm
Monk is a great show and all, but there are times when he can REALLY drive you nuts. Like his constant cheapness and never wanting to pay a certain assistant...Discuss your Monkish peeves here.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:12 pm
Monk sometimes acts too much like a child. Ya, I know he's OCD, and has enough problems to fill a math book, but still sometimes there are episodes where monk looks pathetic.

Remember the episode where The murderer acts like Monks friend. I know Monk had a rough childhood and practically no friends growing up, but Its so pathetic how much in denial monk is in when he finds out his friend is the murderer.  

Roundcat88

CatalinaCat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:08 pm
He was really annoying in the garbage strike episode. I mean, he's so childish pretending that there wasn't a murder because he wanted his garbage picked up. And he also sent his garbage to his shrink!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:12 am
I think Monk is like a puppy dog. Sure, you get irritated when he poops on the carpet, but he's just so cute you can't stay mad at him. The worst scene that I can think of would have to be when he actually went on a date with some lady Sharona forced him to call. Dx That ticked me off.  

YAY 9000
Crew

Jynxed1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:55 pm
Is it odd that I don't quite have any qualms about how Monk acts?

I mean, okay, in the beginning he was just a BIT too hopeless, lol

Also, if I have to say anything bad about him, it's that he has a knack for being pretty mean to his assistants, whether it's Sharona or Natalie, he can be prettty inconsiderate when it comes to other people.

But you've gotta love him anyway! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:32 pm
It makes me both "Awwww" and "Arggh" at the way he refuses to accept reality sometimes. Specially when it comes to people he has grown attached to.

He can be stingy and inconsiderate with assistance at times. But putting up with him is what they ARE hired to do, and for the most part Natalie (and Sharona) know how to deal with him. he does care about them and is willing to risk his life/hygiene for them.  

Ms Spork

YAY 9000
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:02 am
Ms Spork
It makes me both "Awwww" and "Arggh" at the way he refuses to accept reality sometimes. Specially when it comes to people he has grown attached to.

He can be stingy and inconsiderate with assistance at times. But putting up with him is what they ARE hired to do, and for the most part Natalie (and Sharona) know how to deal with him. he does care about them and is willing to risk his life/hygiene for them.
From what I can see so far, Ms Spork, you are quite epic. And I can tell this by your name, and signiture alone.

Anyways, yea, they do know how to handle him pretty well. Especially Natalie. She tricks him a lot (As seen in the Loto episode that came out about a week about). That time was genius...! xD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:27 am
Yes, his cheapness can be really annoying. its like, they're taking care of you Monk, you'd be stuck inside your house without them, just pay them already!  

Dante Alicheery

YAY 9000
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:29 pm
lupine_eyes
Yes, his cheapness can be really annoying. its like, they're taking care of you Monk, you'd be stuck inside your house without them, just pay them already!
Monk: But then they'll get their money all crinkly... and messy... do you really want that?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:22 am
Yeah, Monk's an overall good person at heart, but his OCD tendencies DO make it difficult for the people around him.

I get annoyed sometimes when he just takes FOREVER to do something, especially if it's a SMALL something! Like that episode with Monk and the baby. He had already taken forever to dress himself in the robe at the locker rooms, but then he goes and throw the bag of money to a stranger and NOT the kidnapper! XD

Also, yeah, when he's mean and unfair to his assistants. That's vexing. Being Mr.Monk's assistant is NO easy job, he needs to repay them. Without Natalie or Sharona, he's quite a mess. I'm sure you've seen it for yourselves.

The Scarlet Justice

YAY 9000
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:05 am
I have. Every episode. He is a total mess without someone taking care of him.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:18 pm
I love his cheapness, but his obsession with Trudy gets on my nerves a little  

Catmaster Fuu

You'll thank me later! (Monk discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games