Spiral Tuboflex
Crew

Feline Worshipper

26,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lola Spencer
Fourth Year Ravenclaw

Lola hopped up from her comfy arm chair, ready to switch out her textbook for a new one. And by "hopped up," I mean reluctantly uncurled her legs from beneath her and slowly lifted herself out of the chair. Yawning as she meandered toward the table holding her study materials, she blushed slightly at Nate's last remarks. "Oh, I don't know... I'm really too shy to ask anyone. I mean, we're in the same House, and it took me four years to talk to you." There was a guy in some of Lola's classes that she was interested in, but she felt that he was way out of her league. And anyways, how on earth would she strike up a conversation with someone that she really didn't know anything about?

She caused a slight "clunk" of her textbooks as she slid her Arithmancy book out from the middle of the stack. Now to get to work on my number charts... By focusing on her school work, Lola found it was simpler to avoid confronting issues such as her inability to converse with strangers. It was easy to fill one's head with incantations and star charts, shoving all other problems to the back of her mind. Talking with Nate was definitely a step up for Lola; she felt more confident for having struck up a conversation with him. Perhaps this could lead to eventually talking with that certain boy she had her eye on?

"I'm sure your lack of dance skills is nowhere near mine. So no worries, we can embarrass ourselves in front of the whole school together!" Lola couldn't STAND most wizarding bands- singers like Celestina Warbeck drove her crazy, therefore assuring that she couldn't dance to her music. The only rhythms she found suitable for dancing were muggle bands introduced to her by her father; music she had grown up dancing to with him in his old fashioned record store back home. Of course, no such music was to be found on the Hogwarts campus, so Lola simply went without dancing during her time at school. "Your knowledge in muggle books and films is kind of similar to my knowledge of muggle music... After hearing muggle music, a lot of wizarding music just doesn't compare." She didn't want to sound anti-wizarding-world or anything; Lola was very proud of her wizarding background. However, she knew Nate would understand what she meant in her comparison of wizarding and muggle cultures.

She headed back to her spot in the armchair, Arithmancy text and half-finished number charts in hand. Though it looked doubtful, she was hoping to finish her work today and maybe have time to begin preparing for the Yule Ball tomorrow. A smile crept across her face as she settled back down into the seat, realizing that working in the common room this rainy Saturday morning rather than alone in her dorm was a good choice. In just a short amount of time, she had gained a good friend with similar interests (interests rarely found in Hogwarts students), who also became a date to the Yule Ball. She was kind of relieved that she would be attending with a friend rather than an official date, as there was much less room for embarrassment. However, in the back of her mind still crept the daydream of going with that certain someone, alongside the hope that Nate could also find what he was looking for. Re-dipping her quill into her inkwell, she got back to work and began humming an old muggle tune as she did so.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:23 pm
Attention!!!

I have moved the date to Sunday, September 8th
Time to wake up after few hours of sleep thanks to late night celebrations!
Hopefully this somewhat of a fresh start will get everything back up and running

Snake_in_my_Boot
Crew

Beloved Conversationalist

Ravenclaw

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out