My Birthday is Today!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What season is your birthday in?
  Spring! Yay flowers and spring rains!
  Summer! Yay warm weather and sunshine!
  Autumn! Yay pretty leaves and windy weather!
  Winter! Yay snowflakes and blizzards!
View Results

Shane Forestdweller

1,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:29 pm
Well, I realized that my birthday was coming up very soon...as in...this Thursday (august 14)....and I was wondering if anyone had any sagely advice for me, or anyone else moving up towards "adulthood". This will be my 18th birthday...so I guess it's supposed to be the milestone where I get my act together and start taking care of myself....but I'm thinking cartoons and video games are still too appealing biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:29 pm
Sagely advice? I should be able to give that since I'm ... *cough, cough, gag*... let's just say I'm old enough.

What advice would have helped me at 18? How about this... listen more, give informed opinions, believe in yourself, learn to take all that life throws at you with determination and grace and laughter (better to laugh than cry, so enjoy those cartoons and video games from time to time), and realize there are three things in life that no one can take from you - your faith (in whatever you believe or perceive), your family (hopefully it is a lovingly one), and your education (learning never truly ends be it in a classroom or elsewhere). Just the world as I see it.

Happy Birthday, Shane! biggrin heart

Willa-Wisp

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:55 pm
*smiles*
Well, you are off to a good start. Ask others for advice! xd
But really....like Willa said, take some time to stop and smell the roses, or play some video games. When I went to college that didn't stop me. And for the first time in my life I found a D&D group I could play with.
Just learn the balance in life. I am still working on mine, the video games are still a bit to appealing to me. But life takes practice, and you will fand your rhythm. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:32 pm
Oooh, 18th. Exciting. I'll be going there soon enough.

I'm not really old enough for sagely advice but just wanted to tell you just because you're getting older doesn't mean you can't still like cartoons and video games!  

Tewi_the_2nd

mintsie_ii

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:52 am
omg. that's tomorrow. happy birthday shane!
well, since i'm still 16 (but turning 17 in september, yay!) i can't really give sagely advice due to lack of life experience, but just enjoy your life to the fullest, if you can.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:26 am
Thanks everybody biggrin
Only one day left now...  

Shane Forestdweller

1,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Kimmiora
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:11 am
Happy Birthday, Shane. cheese_whine cheese_whine Hmmm, sagely advice on how to handle the Adult World. I think Willa and Beady sums it up the best. I know it would be hard to adjust in the beginning because family will expect you to get your act together. It will get easier in time. Heh, my family is still after me about Gaia and my precious Anime. Thank God they don't know about my video games (I still love my Pokemon 3nodding ) and I am only five years older than you. xd biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:51 pm
I'm a day late but happy birthday! Hope you enjoyed it!  

Tewi_the_2nd

Umrae

Fashionable Nerd

14,600 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:13 pm
User Image

♪ Geez, I'm almost a week late! Sorry, Shane, I didn't come to the guild last week sad .

Well, I hope you had a happy birthday. I'll try to make it up for this later smile

Love is an epic level challenge…

User Image

Old memories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces