Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
Another Super Smash Bros? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will we have another SSB?
  Definatly
  Probably
  maybe
  no...
View Results

reapercreeps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:43 am
Kratos from God Of War would be an awesome character ninja and maybe Some people from naruto dramallama  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:43 pm
well i proably think that nintendo will make a new ssb but on a nother new console i hope they add some olc chracters and add new ones smile  

ikirby XD

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:43 pm
Reason this thread is getting another post: With the announcement of the 3DS and its capabilities, the possibility looms large. If the graphics become as good as the PSP's for handhelds, then a SSB for a handheld system is a logical possibility. Made right, it could be a intermediate sequel (Read: Game that is a spinoff sequel that can give us something else to do until the next gen console arrives) that the series could use until the next generation of nintendo console arrives. (A note, they can finally add Shadow. How many of us were/are still angry that Shadow was only an assist trophy? This would be the opportunity nintendo needs)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:01 am
nitnit
I don't think DS SSB would be any good. Or any other handheld SSB. It would end up being an inferior game, and it would lessen the name of super smash bros.

What the next SSB game REALLY needs is options to allow for competitive play. When they implemented tripping, it was their way of saying "Lol, we think competitive is dumb" (sakurai has commonly said he isn't a fan of competitive). This is pretty stupid considering that while maybe the casual fans will make the majority of purchases, the competitive fans will play it the longest. The next SSB needs to accommodate both types of fans, instead of just casual.

I agree completely that DS SSB would tarnish the SSB name.

I didn't like how watered down competitive play is. It's only adding another option, not denying casual gamers their fun. No sense in complaining about bonus content.

Now, the same could be said about the DS SSB, but it still tarnishes the SSB name. Although now that I say that aloud, I'm beginning to like the idea. I donno.  

Enesuto

Enesuto

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:17 am
reapercreeps
Kratos from God Of War would be an awesome character ninja and maybe Some people from naruto dramallama

I hate to be that guy that says "******** you, you're not getting your characters, fanboy!" but there's hardly any logic in that. Sonic is a third party character, yes, but he's had ties with Nintendo. The Solid Snake thing was completely out there, and I doubt they'll do something similar. At the very least, if they do add more third party characters with NO ties again, it wont be Kratos or Naruto. If they're smart, they'll go for something every fan can agree would be a good addition. And I doubt they'll add any more than one character from a third party franchise. I wont say it'll never happen, but it's about as likely as adding Metal Gear charact...

Well, I still think that Naruto and Kratos are just wishful thinking. Your fanboyness is getting the better of you. That thing with Snake was pretty out there, and if they do it again, Kratos and Naruto hardly fit into the theme they're trying to set. Kratos is taken far too seriously, and is far too exclusive to Sony. Naruto isn't a video game character. And most of his video games aren't even on Nintendo. Of course, neither was MGS, so...

Although it would be interesting. I wont deny that. And I wont say it'll never happen, either.

From a completely logical point of view, I think characters from Mega-Man, Final Fantasy *cringe* and Street Fighter are very reasonable third party contenders. This coming from a person who isn't a fan of any of those series. At all. The most logical would be Mega-Man or Street Fighter. Mega-Man because of their close, long lasting ties with Nintendo and how well he'll mend with the other characters, and Street Fighter because, again, their ties with Nintendo, their rise in popularity, and the fact that they're already known for their cross-over games. A SSB cross-over isn't all that out there.

And they BETTER ******** include Shadow and bring Mewtwo back. That was just ridiculous. And I hope they include some more female characters. 3 out of 30+ is borderline disgusting.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:19 am
I say definitely. The demand is sky high, every game in the series turns out to be a gem, and regardless of who continues the franchise, they wouldn't let this go to waste.  

Enesuto

Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces