Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP] Nobody's Listening. [Haja & Hisia] FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sasu Cherry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:58 pm
Hisia had decided to rest upon some of the rocks that had been shattered in large fragments from the earthquake. She was exhausted, a yawn escaping her throat. After taking a walk with Msiba, they had departed shortly after the sun had departed, and now her eyes were met with the darkness of night.

She was tired, it was written all over her face. But she was worried about Nyonda and the others no matter how reassuring Msiba's words had been to her. They were still out there, possibly lost, trapped, dieing. Hisia flinched away from the thought, ears flicking back irritatedly.

Recently she had worried about the disappearance of the cubs, and three other pride members. A few members were left to stray the only living part of the valley. Hisia had hardly seen them though, and was still left to wonder of where everyone had suddenly disappeared too.

Msiba's group was around; yes, and Msiba had said himself that he would send Machafuko out to find them. Hopefully he found them. Alive, safe, okay. Not hurt, sick, or even worse... dead.

The smile Hisia had previously worn had faded into a frown. Her eyes glowered with concern, her tail flicking back and fourth anxiously. She wanted to know if they were okay, fine. Her desire to see the disappearing pride members was growing more and more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:13 pm
It appeared that worried faces were popular that day, for another lioness wore one. Haja was generally high spirited, even in the face of adversity. It was one of her signature habits. Today was different, though. She had spent the day wearing a cheerful facade, and it was wearing her out. She had to act as if everything was normal, even though it wasn't.

Haja had overheard something of great importance. This piece of information was critical to the survival of the pride. Generally she lived for such pieces of info and duly told everyone she happened to come across. She probably shouldn't, but she couldn't help herself. It was a great feeling, to be the one who was knowledgeable about such things.

This situation had sent Haja reeling, however. Nyonda, the heir's mate, was really Ficha, her supposedly deceased sister. The knowledge of this could be devastating in the wrong hands. And as Haja feared, the wrong hands were all around and carefully watching all of their movements.

Maboya had been a great help all day. Whenever things got tough, he was there to reassure Haja, and sometimes to tell her what to say. He had always been her personal voice of reason. She remembered again how lucky she was to have him.

The news needed to be told to one person and one person only. Even this was a risk, but Hisia had to know. The sister of Nyonda and Ficha, she was under the impression that one sister was dead when it was really the other. So Haja sought out Hisia. Her feelings were tumultuous and confusing. She was dreading telling her, but also anxious to hear what Hisia would have to say.

Basil Brett

Sasu Cherry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:27 pm
Hisia watched the surroundings carefully, as she hoped to catch the face of any feline she knew of. Msiba was on her mind of course, and she would have gone to him, yet she had realized he was the only lion she had spoken to since the disappearance of the others. A clock raged in her head. It wouldn't be long before she fell to the dreams of sleep. Hisia wanted to talk to someone, anyone, expect Msiba and his group.

Right on time. Her gaze shot to a familiar lioness near her. She knew her scent well, and had grown used to it while she was growing up. Suddenly a small smile managed to form on Hisia's maw, trying to hide the concern that was almost radiating from her very being.

"Haja." A soft voice whispered through the darkness, Hisia's creamy colored pelt could be easily seen in the night. Sometimes she was thankful for her inability to blend in with everything surrounding her. It was a gift in the darkness, expect if someone meant harm to the pride she would be in trouble.

Paws suddenly up in an instant, the creamy lioness started her walk over to Haja.

"How are you?" Least she could say. The answer seemed to be forming in her head, with all the worry that was trudging around. Though others might be experiencing a whole other emotion, the look in Haja's eyes did concern Hisia.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Haja was surprised to hear Hisia's voice, pulling her out of her thoughts. She spotted the lioness's pale coat and walked slowly over. She smiled softly, an expression that didn't quite reach her weary eyes. She sat lightly on the ground, flexing her toes as if it was hard to sit still. Maboya found a nearby perch that afforded him a view of their surroundings.

"I'm... alright," she said hesitantly, unsure of how to start this conversation. She almost regretted that it had to be her to tell Hisia. Nyond... no, Ficha should be the one to tell her. But it seemed that that was too hard for the injured lioness. So Haja would do it. Hisia had to know.

She cleared her throat.
"Uh, how are you?"

Basil Brett

Sasu Cherry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:17 pm
Hisia's face remained blank for a moment, curiosity washing over her at Haja's strange expression. Something was troubling her, she could see it clearly. Tempted to ask, she opened her maw to reply the question, and instead Haja beat her to a question. Now something defiantly was going on - she thought quickly.

Replying was the best thing to do. Asking the question later, though Hisia was slightly anxious to learn of why Haja was acting the way she was. "I'm doing fine," It was best not to mention any of the 'dates' she had been having with Msiba. If word got out of that, who knows what would happen. She could imagine a picture of everyone not of his group turning on her...

...Or not trusting her. A shiver shook through Hisia's body.

"So, uhm, what's on your mind?" Her concerned expression returned quickly. "I mean... Your acting a little.. strange."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:33 pm
Haja's expression turned to that of slight despair.
"Do I?!"

Her eyes widened at her outburst and she smiled sheepishly.
"I mean, I didn't really mean to look like anything is wrong..." she stumbled over the words, suddenly trying to put off what she needed to say. She glanced down at her feet and sighed. She had to tell her. Might as well get it over with.

She glanced back up.
"Uh, actually I have something I need to tell you. I, er, it's really important."

She looked around to make sure there were no unwanted presence to overhear her words. A soft cry from Maboya confirmed that they were alone.

Basil Brett

Sasu Cherry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:41 pm
Another secret to indulge herself in? There was doubt that flickered in her teal gaze, her tail lashed nervously. Hisia had grown careful not to hopefully get stuck in a secret, like the one with the relationship between her and Msiba. She looked at Haja for a moment, the word important finally sparking a yes in her eyes.

Before she had time to speak Hisia had to look over at Maboya, the quiet cry from him, the suspicions of this secret seemed more dangerous each passing moment. If this secret was enough for Haja to tell her alone, then Hisia knew she had to hear it.

"Tell me." Her voice was lower, barely audible. The only lion that would be able to hear her was the one standing in front of her. Hisia had lowered her voice purposely because of the unlearned secret. If it was this important, she would have to quite quiet after Haja told her.

Except she wasn't aware of the circumstances this secret had to hold...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:50 pm
Haja's tail flickered nervously and she shifted about as she sat. Maboya cried again, this time one of comforting reassurance. Haja smiled weakly at him for a moment before turning her attention back to Hisia.

"Er, well... I went to Nyonda's cave yesterday to see if I could find out how she was. I overheard her and Ukweli talking. They spoke of the cubs and..."

She trailed off. This was tough. She felt as if she was the one telling her first of her sister's death. She felt a surge of admiration and pity for anyone who had been in her position.

She took a deep breath and glanced up, looking Hisia right in the eyes.
"Nyonda isn't... Nyonda. The one who's in the cave is Ficha."

Basil Brett

Sasu Cherry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:55 pm
She froze.

What.

Hisia's eyes met Haja's slowly, and as she said that, she knew that the lioness wasn't lying. Her entire body stiffened, tail frozen solid. How... How could it be? She backed away once, freezing completely now as she stood.

There was joy somewhere in her, bubbling and bouncing. Ficha was alive...

...But then where was Nyonda? Was she the...

No...

"H-How...?" Hisia was not expecting much of an answer. She had hardly listened as Haja spoke about the cubs, and her ears were only for the Nyonda and Ficha part. "How can it be... I-It can't be possible.." She was almost going into denial, shaking her head back and fourth several times.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:13 pm
Haja bit her lip and forced herself to speak clearly. She was shaking, but she didn't want her voice to waver. She needed to be strong for Hisia's sake as well as her own.

"I don't quite know myself what happened. But Ukweli knows, has known. I believe that Ficha is taking Nyonda's place so the pride won't break down completely. If any outsiders were to find out, it could spell disaster."

She didn't know whether or not to divulge the rest, but Hisia had to know if the outsiders were as untrustworthy as they were appearing to be.
"Ukweli worries that Ficha will be attacked as he was. If she were to be even found out...."

She trailed off again, letting Hisia figure out the rest for herself.

Basil Brett

Sasu Cherry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:21 pm
Hisia would have screamed out if not for the idea that clicked in her mind. The lioness stopped shaking her head, eyes widened with jaw hanging open slightly. Haja didn't mean that Msiba and his group could mean danger? Msiba himself had been so nice to everyone, especially her, and she had yet to hear any reports of them showing any sign of attack.

Ignoring half of what Haja said, she swung around, in the direction of where Nyonda was resting. She turned her head around, eyes shadowed. She was a walking corpse as of now, and until she had the truth, she doubted she'd get better.

"Haja," Her name was spoken louder this time. "I know what I must do," She nodded slowly, tail lashing only an inch. Then before she could finish her sentence, Hisia swept around and ran, ran in the direction of her sister.

She was going to Ficha.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:42 pm
Haja watched Hisia's swiftly retreating figure. A sudden weight pressed against her shoulder as Maboya landed on his favorite spot. The two were quiet for several moments.

"I hope we did the right thing, Mab."

Maboya clucked, his dark eyes mirroring the expression in the lioness's.

"I hope so, too. But she had to know. We just need to make sure that no one else finds out."

That was going to be a hard task for Haja. She was torn between her concern for the pride and her need to know exactly what was going on. For the first time, the weight of the last few week's occurrences fell on her shoulders. She prayed that things would work out and she would do whatever she could to make sure that happened.

Basil Brett

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff