Alot of you have been complaing, but you must remember! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

La Beaute

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:59 pm
llamazrokmysox
I don't think the book was bad, it was just different. And well, we all know how a large population sometimes can't handle changes. Just look back on history and see how many times we've fought because we didn't like the change. Now, this isn't on the same scale, but some people just have a harder time accepting change.

lol Obama should hear this..  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:04 pm
! R A ! N B O W !
Pubic Genital Lice
.Bucket.of.Joy.
I agree.
She's had this in her head for like five years, so it's obviously not rushed.

I think the reason a lot of people have problems with it is because
a) We (well, most of us, myself included) were so sure that there was no way in hell that Edward could ever get Bella pregnant, that we immediatly cast it as being fanfiction material only, when in reality it was a possibility, and
b) Bella looses a lot of her relatability when she becomes a vampire, mostly because she is no longer of the same species. We can no longer do everything Bella can do. Now she can run fast, hear, see and smell so much better, is graceful beyond the imagination and inhumanily beautiful. We aren't those things, we can't really step into her shoes like we used to, we can to an extent, but not like when she was human. Therefore, it gives the book a different feel to it, it's not quite the same as the others.

But still, I think quite a few people were being quite harsh, considering Stephenie gave us pretty much exactly what we wanted (mariage, vampire conversion etc.).

Yes, that's all true. I just think people's noses are still stuck in the other books to the point it's just like, "No, that can't be..blah blah blah crap."

It's dark, just like a vampire novel should be. Feelings and all cravings are different from when Bella was a human. Her feelings are some what the same, except for her wanting too much sex. But I guess for vampires it's different.

For some reason though, the baby thing didn't surprise me, which made me feel better about the book. Ease it up.

People should just stop complaining a little. Like you said, she gave up what we wanted. Fans are acting like a spoiled brat, so to say.

We're just being open-minded to our opinions.
You're complaining as well.
It's just a 'battle' between opposite opinions. Its immature for you to go and call us "brats" , when I have not to call you supporters anything. we could easily say "Stop supporting Breaking Dawn!", but wouldnt that be just a little rude? Opinions ARE like assholes , everyone has one. So get used to it , because most likely there is always going to be people that disagree with you.

Hmm? Um, I wasn't complaining about others opinions.As you see I am allowing them. And when I was saying spoiled brat I added so to day. Plus, it was to be added to the fact people were complaining to what they wanted to happen in the book, and got it. That's what a spoiled brat does. I couldn't think of any other word off the tip of my tounge.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

beiber_fever69

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:33 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
! R A ! N B O W !
Pubic Genital Lice
.Bucket.of.Joy.
I agree.

a) We (well, most of us, myself included) were so sure that there was no way in hell that Edward could ever get Bella pregnant, that we immediatly cast it as being fanfiction material only, when in reality it was a possibility, and
b) Bella looses a lot of her relatability when she becomes a vampire, mostly because she is no longer of the same species. We can no longer do everything Bella can do. Now she can run fast, hear, see and smell so much better, is graceful beyond the imagination and inhumanily beautiful. We aren't those things, we can't really step into her shoes like we used to, we can to an extent, but not like when she was human. Therefore, it gives the book a different feel to it, it's not quite the same as the others.

But still, I think quite a few people were being quite harsh, considering Stephenie gave us pretty much exactly what we wanted (mariage, vampire conversion etc.).

Yes, that's all true. I just think people's noses are still stuck in the other books to the point it's just like, "No, that can't be..blah blah blah crap."

It's dark, just like a vampire novel should be. Feelings and all cravings are different from when Bella was a human. Her feelings are some what the same, except for her wanting too much sex. But I guess for vampires it's different.

For some reason though, the baby thing didn't surprise me, which made me feel better about the book. Ease it up.

People should just stop complaining a little. Like you said, she gave up what we wanted. Fans are acting like a spoiled brat, so to say.

It's just a 'battle' between opposite opinions. Its immature for you to go and call us "brats" , when I have not to call you supporters anything. we could easily say "Stop supporting Breaking Dawn!", but wouldnt that be just a little rude? Opinions ARE like assholes , everyone has one. So get used to it , because most likely there is always going to be people that disagree with you.

Hmm? Um, I wasn't complaining about others opinions.As you see I am allowing them. And when I was saying spoiled brat I added so to day. Plus, it was to be added to the fact people were complaining to what they wanted to happen in the book, and got it. That's what a spoiled brat does. I couldn't think of any other word off the tip of my tounge.

Then what is this whole forum for? To tell your opinion , to complain that others are "spoiled brats" for thinking differently about this book then you?
I never thought of what was to come in this book , really. I never thought of the marriage or even the sex. To me, how they described the love in Twilight between the two was as good if the would've described the sex.
I just believe people expecting so many things in this book , and it just all turned out wrong.
--I'm glad for SM to stick to her original plot , which means she wrote this book BEFORE she heard what other people wanted , so it's not like we were the ones telling her to write all of this in BD.
This book hasn't made me go back and be like "Oh yes , Breaking Dawn. I loved it so much , it brought me into there lives." It's just so different..
I think if she wanted to change how she wrote her books and everything , she should've waited until she wrote another book/not related to the Twilight Saga , I agree with what the other girl said. Not all of us are used/easy-going with such a drastic change, and it ends up with un-happy fans.
Breaking Dawn is fine , don't get me wrong. I just wouldn't ever , EVER, find it as beautiful and stunning and leaving me wordless , as the other books.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:49 pm
! R A ! N B O W !
I never thought of what was to come in this book , really. I never thought of the marriage or even the sex. To me, how they described the love in Twilight between the two was as good if the would've described the sex.
I just believe people expecting so many things in this book , and it just all turned out wrong.
--I'm glad for SM to stick to her original plot , which means she wrote this book BEFORE she heard what other people wanted , so it's not like we were the ones telling her to write all of this in BD.
This book hasn't made me go back and be like "Oh yes , Breaking Dawn. I loved it so much , it brought me into there lives." It's just so different..
I think if she wanted to change how she wrote her books and everything , she should've waited until she wrote another book/not related to the Twilight Saga , I agree with what the other girl said. Not all of us are used/easy-going with such a drastic change, and it ends up with un-happy fans.
Breaking Dawn is fine , don't get me wrong. I just wouldn't ever , EVER, find it as beautiful and stunning and leaving me wordless , as the other books.

I'm on the same page as you. I was one of the many like you who didnt really know what to expect. I was open and I knew that it was the last book so it had to end well because it's Stephenie. I'm just throwing out that fact because I dont like being refurred to as a spoiled brat.

Oh and I agree with your last statement. It didnt leave the same impression as the other books did on me, making it the least of my favorite.  

La Beaute

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:28 pm
! R A ! N B O W !
Pubic Genital Lice
! R A ! N B O W !
Pubic Genital Lice
.Bucket.of.Joy.
I agree.

Then what is this whole forum for? To tell your opinion , to complain that others are "spoiled brats" for thinking differently about this book then you?

Whoa, where did you get that I was complaining and just stating my opinion? I understand how you feel, and yet all you're doing is attacking me. All this thread is here for is to pursuaid others. Never did I attack you on your opinion. You're making this thread harder than it needs to be.

I am not trying to be mean to anyone. I am not trying to attack anyone. Nor, did I call EVERYONE a spoiled brat, just a few who seem like it. I don't care if other people think about the book differently than I do, it's okay. I stated that a million times over. I AM accepting opinions.

I don't feel like quoting you again if you're going to make this difficult and if you're going to attack me again.

**Oh, and I don't care if you're making it difficult to throw your opinion on how you felt about the book. I wanted to state this so there's no mixed confusion. :]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:42 pm
I'm not attacking?
I'm just well-defending my reasoning.
But w/e.
idk.
I believe what we are BOTH doing is defending our sides of our opinions, aka 'complaining -- being spoiled brats'
We are both even :]

beiber_fever69

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:55 pm
Okay, I don't want to fight anymore. :[

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:11 pm
Thank you!

I'm tired of people complining about it. I can see where they're coming from, but I think they're just not seeing it clearly. (My opinion.)

I enjoyed it, even though I had basically everything revealed to me by my own stupid mistake. sweatdrop I thought the very ending was a bit abrupt, but to me, BD ended in a way that made sense for the story.  

Persephone Waker

hkkpfwg96

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:24 pm
I agree with you.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:34 pm
Why would the fact that she already planned the ending before NM and Eclipse change my mind about how much it sucked? Just because she had to fight for it to be published how does that make it a better book? I don't care about the author when I'm judging a book. All I care about is the story, I'm not going to take into consideration how much time she had to work on it or anything about the author's life. If it's a crap book, it's a crap book, no matter what the writer had gone through.

And .Bucket.of.Joy. if Stephenie wrote Breaking Dawn and gave me what I wanted for an ending the book would have turned out very very differently XD

But I'm sorry too that half the world thinks the book is crap, but it's our opinion and I don't think people should retaliate and attack us. If you're annoyed when I say it was a bad book, well then I get kind of vexed as well when people say they loved it. How one could have actually thought it was good piece of writing is beyond me...  

KiraLight
Crew

Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas