Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
So I took one of those online IQ tests Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:12 pm
I wonder how much money I'll make in computer science... I hear 6-figure salaries aren't hard to find in that field, especially for someone of my skill.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:07 pm
I wanted to be in psychology until everyone decided to think it was wrong.

You guys are angry for some reason... maybe you should see a psychologist.

If psychology didn't exist people who need to let there emotions out to someone who can read emotions and there reasons behind them would have three options.

A. Talk to a friend who, because psychology doesn't exist, would ******** everything up.
B. Represent emotions in the form of anger and beat/kill their wife/husband/some guy/girl
C. Get a tumor.

*Siding with Psychologist enthusiasts*  

Muleferdan

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:33 pm
Quote:
I'm not bashing the field, it's just easy to assume that one of the easiest licenses to obtain would, in-fact, lead to alot of idiots in said field.

It is easy to obtain a degree in Psychology, much more difficult to obtain a licence to practice (well, in my country anyway). But I think everyone is generalising a bit when it comes to the field... it is not just about couselling people, it is far more diverse than that.

Regarding my sister's boyfriends pay package, let's just say he is younger than me but is making 3 times more than me!! confused confused (If I actually got a job in my FIELD then I might be makin' some MONEY after a few years or so working to climb the ladder.... I think I have a motivational problem...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:06 pm
Muleferdan
I wanted to be in psychology until everyone decided to think it was wrong.

You guys are angry for some reason... maybe you should see a psychologist.

If psychology didn't exist people who need to let there emotions out to someone who can read emotions and there reasons behind them would have three options.

A. Talk to a friend who, because psychology doesn't exist, would ******** everything up.
B. Represent emotions in the form of anger and beat/kill their wife/husband/some guy/girl
C. Get a tumor.

*Siding with Psychologist enthusiasts*

Theres really nothing wrong with psychology. It's an extremely interesting field that I've though about going into, and would be more interested if my parents approved. The only problem with it (in the us at least) is finding a job. Sure, you could teach or become a psychologist. Both of which are competative because there are so many with the same degree.

That being said, I don't trust a psychologist or counselor when money is involved. They'll do anything to make you come for another session and get you on medications, even if that means diagnosing you with a bullshit disease.  

Jonnnn

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:28 pm
Jonnnn
That being said, I don't trust a psychologist or counselor when money is involved. They'll do anything to make you come for another session and get you on medications, even if that means diagnosing you with a bullshit disease.
Case in point: diagnosis of all manner of mental disorders (ADD, autism, etc.) has gone way up over the last decade. Greedy psychologists, or real epidemic? My money's on the first. It's just the way capitalism works: people will do anything, even cheat, to get more money.

Of course, that doesn't mean every psychologist is greedy, and there are still many cases of people actually being helped by psychology.

Still, mathematics does seem to have far more applications than psychology... (referring back to the pic Shigeru posted)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:31 pm
darkslasherX
I wonder how much money I'll make in computer science... I hear 6-figure salaries aren't hard to find in that field, especially for someone of my skill.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Computer_Science/Salary

lol, no.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:35 pm
nitnit
darkslasherX

lol, no.

Not 6-figure, but shouldnt put you away from the field.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:37 pm
Also you're all retarded. It's PSYCHIATRY that's good, not psychology

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouthtmls/swzl_compresult_national_HC07000027.html  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:37 pm
I think it really depends on what your doing in computer science.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Also, darkslasher what "skills" are you speaking of? o.O  

nitnit
Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:55 pm
nitnit
The ones where I actually know what the heck I'm doing. There are some programmers who make stupid decisions because they suck. You know, like all of the ones working at Microsoft, lol. Remember Windows Vista?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:58 pm
nitnit
darkslasherX

lol, no.
Fine, 90k for senior software engineer. Close enough.  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:33 am
darkslasherX
nitnit
The ones where I actually know what the heck I'm doing. There are some programmers who make stupid decisions because they suck. You know, like all of the ones working at Microsoft, lol. Remember Windows Vista?

Because you can create an OS better than Vista? At least it beats Linux/Mac.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:42 am
nitnit
Also you're all retarded. It's PSYCHIATRY that's good, not psychology

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouthtmls/swzl_compresult_national_HC07000027.html

Pretty sure Psychiatrist use psychology though.  

Psychoace

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:44 am
Psychiatrists go to medical school for an additional 4 years.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff