Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you seen Underworld?
  Yep.
  Nope.
View Results

MusicGNote

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:27 pm
So when I was reading BD at the part when Edward and Carlisle plus others were talking about the chromosomes, and those of Renesmee, I totally thought that she was going to be a werewolf. Humans Have 23, Vampires have 25, and werewolves have 24. I'm guessing SM just wanted to add speculation to the book or something. But why did she never tell us how many chromosomes she has? I'm guessing it would be something like 24.5 or 26 or something weird like that. But I wondered at the time that maybe that was how werewolves came to existence, which would be ironic considering they would be hunting/killing their great great great great great great grandparents or something. Kind of reminds me of the movie Underworld. Anyone else notice this?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:11 pm
I thought that too! I also thought because Bella also said the baby reminds her of Jacob I thought that too! It never told us your right!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

WineChan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:59 pm
MusicGNote
So when I was reading BD at the part when Edward and Carlisle plus others were talking about the chromosomes, and those of Renesmee, I totally thought that she was going to be a werewolf. Humans Have 23, Vampires have 25, and werewolves have 24. I'm guessing SM just wanted to add speculation to the book or something. But why did she never tell us how many chromosomes she has? I'm guessing it would be something like 24.5 or 26 or something weird like that. But I wondered at the time that maybe that was how werewolves came to existence, which would be ironic considering they would be hunting/killing their great great great great great great grandparents or something. Kind of reminds me of the movie Underworld. Anyone else notice this?
I never saw the first movie. I saw the second movie in the gaia cinemas, but I never saw the first.....what happened in the first anyway? question  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:32 pm
yea she didnt tell us alot in this book  

LexiLu Latte

LittleBabyRenesmeeCullen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:07 am
I had the same thoughts about Renesmee. It would've been very odd if that's how the wolves came into existence.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:09 pm
I thought Renesmee would be a werewolf for a second when they were talking about the chromosomes but then I knew that wouldn't be possible. Her parents were a human and vampire so I knew she would be a mix.

But I don't see how vampires have a different number of chromosomes. they are technically human, just dead. I just thought that was wierd.  

FluffyKittyofDOOM_19

RisSohma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:06 pm
I thought she was going to be a werewolf, too XD

I'm trying to figure out how pale Edward and pale Bella were going to deal with having a dark skinned child. Oh the scandal. lol.

But since we're talking about family, how about the end when Edward called Jacob 'son' XD I was cracking up xD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:38 pm
Yeah, calling Jacob 'son' was awsome! rofl

But I though I read that she did tell how many chromosomes were in Renesme... and I think it's 24 because Jacob and the other wolves are half breeds of sorts, they are shapshifters, and remesme is a half breed too. The thing they really have in common is their tempuature, ya know/  

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:46 pm
jessica_manson
I thought Renesmee would be a werewolf for a second when they were talking about the chromosomes but then I knew that wouldn't be possible. Her parents were a human and vampire so I knew she would be a mix.

But I don't see how vampires have a different number of chromosomes. they are technically human, just dead. I just thought that was wierd.

I think vampires have to have more chromosomes than humans because there has to be DNA that codes for venom production. That's my theory, anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:06 pm
I thought it said in the book somewhere that Renesmee had 24 . . .

I could be wrong though.

[EDIT]
I just looked it up. When Carlisle and Jacob are talking it indeed does not say how many she has. But I think later, she is compared to Jacob in many ways, how her scent is human, but not quite or how Alice can't really see her. Things like that. I think the book suggests she has 24, but never confirms it.

I think she is rather similar to Jacob. But because she does not carry the werewolf gene, it is impossible for her to be a werewolf. It's kind of like humans, I guess in some way, like how we all have 23 chromosomes, but we are not all the same, some of us have blue eyes, some have brown. That kind of thing.

So I would put it at 24, as she is more similar to Jacob that to people or vampires in genetic make-up, because if you think about it, Jacob is a half breed, too. Half man, half wolf. Plus, if Bella has 23 chromosomes, and Edward has 25 chromosomes, how many chromosomes does Renesmee have? I think 24 makes the most sense.

By the way, she can't have 24.5 because chromosomes pair up. You have 23 pairs, I don't think you can ever have a single unless something went wrong with the pairings.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:59 pm
I think those with chomosomes that don't pare up are the ones who have diseases from birth like down syndrom or something. Not quite sure so don't quote me on it... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:25 pm
Okay, I thought of this while I was trying to sleep last night (I do my best thinking then):

When a man and a woman have a baby, the baby is born with 46 chromosomes (assuming nothing went wrong with the pairing and such) or 23 pairs of chromosomes. 23 from the mother, 23 from the father. So, I would assume that this birth would happen the same way.

So, Bella being human, would give half of hers (not literally give half, but you know what I mean) and 46/2=23. And Edward would give half of his, and he has 50 chromosomes because it was said he has 25 pairs: 50/2=25. So Renesmee should have a total of 48 chromosomes, and 24 pairs (48/2=24)

Because even through Edward is not human, I think reproduction would still work the same. He would give half of his 50. Like he would if he was human (he'd just be giving 23 insted of 25).

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Breaking Dawn

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff