Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:53 pm
I'm from a whole family of Magic players so we're always looking for different ways to play Magic for lots of people. Only, last man standing is such a long and boring way to play sometimes xp so I was wondering, does anyone know of different ways to play besides:

Two headed giant
Emperor
or Victim?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:49 pm
No, but I'm sure that me and my magic buddy's can develop a few new ways to play, we usually do some stupid stuff that works out. I'll tell you about more ways after friday, alright?  

Butters in the fridge

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:53 am
Sure, I actualy know of onw more way to play, only I don't know the name for it. Someone plays each of the five colours (has to be a one color deck) and has two allies and two enemies. you win when both your enemies are dead. I really wish I knew what it's name was though!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:03 pm
Try PackWars. All you need is three of every basic land, and a pack. Open it, dont look at it, and shuffle it in with the lands, then play the deck. It makes a quick 30 card deck. Half spells, half land.  

Butters in the fridge

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:37 pm
Hey, Ale I heard you've been holding out on me. What is this supposedly way-cool way you played at college?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:19 am
You guys could play planechase. It's pretty fun in a large group. It adds some randomness to the whole thing. http://www.wizards.com/magic/TCG/ProductArticle.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/planechase/productinfo  

cairaechan

xXxPlaneswalkerxXx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:37 am
Melee is kinda like last man standing... but you can only attack the person on your right.

Hidden Allies is a fun game but you need 6 or more people. You need 3 (4 for 8 people, 5 for 10 people) different basic lands and a card of the color that goes with them. Before the game starts shuffle the basic lands and the card that shares the color together and deal them out. The people who get the basic lands flips it face up. The players who share colors are allies (You can't announce what color you are if you didn't get a land). The team that eliminates the other teams wins.

If you have an odd amount of people, put in an artifact and that person that gets it will be on their own team.  
64: Magic: The Gathering - W/U/B/R/G - Allied Color Pairs Not Required

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games