OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Lol k.

Really?
This is what I use.

Although I don't use the oiler from this one. I borrow the one from the Mauser. It's just so much easier to use.
The cleaning kit for any one of my rifles includes a boresnake, a can of INOX, and a gun brush. The kit for my AR also includes a razor blade and a jar of carburetor cleaner, but that's just for those stubborn carbon deposits.

You and that boresnake... I should buy one.

Do they make any for; .22, 7.62, 7.92 and .303?
Yes.

... I didn't know boresnakes are really Gatling guns.
For some reason, the link didn't copy. That was the last thing on my clipboard. Check the edit.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:52 pm
Alright then. So these boresnakes are available at Gander and Cabellas?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:52 pm
OberFeldwebel
I've seen them pretty much anywhere that sells cleaning supplies. I bought my .30 cal one at Wal-Mart.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:28 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
I've seen them pretty much anywhere that sells cleaning supplies. I bought my .30 cal one at Wal-Mart.

Ah cool.  

OberFeldwebel

Hans Reiker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:15 pm
I use a bore snake on my mosin nagant, and SKS, if things are really dirty, I bring out the brushes and patches and do it the old fashioned way. If I don't have the time to clean my SKS, I boil a huge pot of boiling water and run it through the SKS. (I take the wooden furniture off and boiling water evaporates very quickly, a few drops are left behind but nothing a towel and a good coat of oil won't help.)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:51 pm
That whole boiling water on rifle parts always struck me as a downright terrible idea.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:24 am
ArmasTermin
That whole boiling water on rifle parts always struck me as a downright terrible idea.
I did it with my Enfield once, after shooting '40s surplus ammo out of it. You would not BELIEVE the s**t that rolls out of a seemingly clean gun. And yeah, the water that DOES stay in the barrel evaporates in less than a minute. Give it a quick run-through with an oil-soaked patch and it's good as new.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:49 am
ArmasTermin
My dad mentioned the boiling water idea too me a while back, he said that's what they used to clean out the trigger groups on the M16's. I gave it a try and my SKS is cleaner then when I first got it, haha.  

Hans Reiker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:39 pm
Hans Reiker
ArmasTermin
My dad mentioned the boiling water idea too me a while back, he said that's what they used to clean out the trigger groups on the M16's. I gave it a try and my SKS is cleaner then when I first got it, haha.
After two seconds of "but why the ********..." I remembered that M16s are aluminum.

On the subjects of cleaning and M16s though, anyone have any tips for cleaning the a**-end of the bolt on an M16? The carbon there is caked on so bad I generally us an X-acto knife, but I feel bad using steel on aluminum.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:53 am
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
ArmasTermin
After two seconds of "but why the ********..." I remembered that M16s are aluminum.

On the subjects of cleaning and M16s though, anyone have any tips for cleaning the a**-end of the bolt on an M16? The carbon there is caked on so bad I generally us an X-acto knife, but I feel bad using steel on aluminum.
Uhhh, a bronze brush?  

Hans Reiker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:27 am
Hans Reiker
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
ArmasTermin

Uhhh, a bronze brush?
Hahaha, I wish. Two problems with that. One, it doesn't work well. Two, because it doesn't work well, it takes a while. And that means bronzed steel, which is weaker than normal steel.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:37 pm
I got a 12 ga. boresnake from walmart just to see if it really is as good as you all said. Ran it throuh my already clean barrel and it did get a little gray on it. If it works out, I will probably save money on paper towels cleaning patches.  

Man of the Demoneye

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:22 am
Well, I just tried it and it works FRICKIN AWESOME!

It only took 2 passes to get the 870 barrel spotless and also took away the dark built up stuff on the area where the finish was worn off. (steel shot in an older barrel) I could never really get more than 60% of it with the rod and patch system. After this, I think I'll just stick with this thing from now on. I also like how it is machine washable when it gets too dirty.  
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff