Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Is so depressed its not even funny

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

did you ever feel this way after reading one of the books?
  yeah it suked
  it hurts but you get over it after a while
  somehow there is people out there who could be that great
  im still in that phase too
  youre really overeacting you freakin emo ( its going to hurt more if you choose this option)
View Results

O r c h i d a c e o u s

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:15 pm
I'm really really upset. I'm upset becuase the books are over. i'm upset that i have to let go of this so soon.
But I'm really upset that Edward doesnt exist. Like i cry about this. Alot. And tis getting harder.
Remember how Bells fealt when edward left? well imagine that plus the pain of knowing youll never ever have anyone like that. Ever.
Sure theyll be guys that will love you unconditionally and well tell you youre beautiful and special but will they take you to a meadow? will they play lullabys they made for you on the piano? well they catch you everytime you fall? will they run with you through the forrest? will they say sorry when they really dont even need too?
I highly doubt it.
Its knowing that no matter what theyll never be like edward. NEVER.
and its that kind of pain that im loosing sleep over.
I just decided to talk to you guys about it becuase i figured youd be able to help abit.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:23 pm
Yes, it's true.
Nobody can beat a fictional character.
Nobody.
I haven't cried over it.
It's put me in a depressed state sometimes, thinking how not every girl can have her Edward.
But then again, I know nothing about love. =P
Maybe more girls than I think get their Edward.
After all, nobody has the exact same taste in men.
So, I do generally know how you feel.
That's why I read the books over and over again.

I don't know how to make you fee l better, though. Sorry. =/

KrazyRokrGal

O r c h i d a c e o u s

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:29 pm
its ok. thanx for posting. im not saying that one day i wont get my edward ( although right now i cant get myself to think about it...to sad ) im just saying that no body is going to show up at my school and start sparkling the minute the sun come out. and that really blows. REALLY.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:10 am
You know, I have a tendency to become attached to the characters that I respected in books such as Rachel from the Animorphs series, and Henry DeTamble from The Time Traveler's Wife, and Susannah from The Mediator series, but no one has ever altered me as much as Edward Cullen has. It truly does depress me knowing that he doesn't exist, and it's not as if I don't already have enough issues, you know? I've got this great boyfriend who's going to Iraq in a few weeks and I can't live without him but sometimes I just cry because I wish he was Edward. Edward's flawless to me, and it's sad because now I'm having to deal with the real world where flaws are present all over the place. So when my boyfriend gets whiny or annoying, I just feel like I'm settling or something. It's horrible and I have no idea how to deal with it either. I just hope that in time, I'll move on and it won't be too late for my boyfriend and I to actually establish ourselves. I'm really not looking for an Edward Cullen who sparkles or anything like that... Just some one to... You know, fall head over heels with and stuff... I'm unsure if I'll ever get that because it seems so unreal but I'm content with what I have with my current boyfriend now and thus, I should be okay.  

T0m03

MyLycanJacob101

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:32 am
I felt the same way!!!!! Except....I like Jake so it was really about him...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:16 pm
well its good to know im not alone.
but it just hurts becuase even if i were to find someone that perfect they wouldnt do all of the little things that edward does. they wouldnt put their cheek at the hollow of my neck or rub their nose from my chin to my ear!
and even though that sounds sort of sick its just sort of speicla you know?
you see i dont want to have to ask for those type of things. i just want them to come with the guy.
i dont want to have to ask if he will compose beautiful music for me and then play it on the piano or hum it to me until i fall asleep in his arms.
i dont wanto have to ask him to take me to his meadow in the sunshine while i play with his finger.
I Dont Want To Have To Ask.  

O r c h i d a c e o u s

Jellycones

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:18 pm
I didn't really ever get depressed over this now that I think of it..... All that happened to me, is when I was reading each book of course I was saying "Oh my goodness, I wish I could have a guy who is as good as Edward". But, I've been in and out of love once...and honestly, when you truley fall in love...its the love that matters most. You won't really think about the things you want the person you love to do...you love them, so you love everything about them. You know? So you say you would want your love to take you to a meadow and whatnot...but, in reality just having that person you love with you all the time is all that is necessary to make you happy.

I think you should just try and let go of the fact that Edward doesn't exist...but your Edward does. The only thing that matters is the love you share between that person... Bella could care less if she went to a meadow, she just wanted to be with Edward...and that's all that truly matters in the end. =)

Hahah wow, I sound so cheesy =p

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:34 pm
No, I don't think it's that depressing. I'm really sure that there is an Edward; perfect, rich, good-looking. But I'm sure that he's not gonna be anyone's soul mate though......

only two perfect people can be with each other, bella and edward.....I doubt we're all that perfect.

But, I'm sure that there's a soul mate for everyone out there.....but my theory is that 90% of people don't meet their soulmate in their life time. They might be in another country, or dead already.

Life is unfair sometimes. -sigh-  

WineChan

Mrs Joe Trohman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:06 pm
Umm.

Well.

I am sad about it, I love Emmet. He's my favorite, and Alice, I am so much like Alice, its not even funny.

But.. I kind of do have my Edward. He would take me to a meadow. lol And I really don't want him to play me a lullaby. I don't like romantic stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:10 pm
Yes, I've brooded many times over not having different fictional characters crying Cloud Strife...WHY COULDN'T YOU BE REAL?!

*ahem* There's nobody in the entire world who could have a character's EXACT personality, and even if there were, the chances of YOU being the person to have them is slim to none. At least in my case xd  

Neural Oscillation

Eloquent Roisterer

9,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items