Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
FT messed up my dressers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

has this happened to you?
  yes
  no
  ?
View Results

malice_dear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:39 am
has anyone else had this problem? since installing freetime my dressers will only allow my sims to dress for work. the dressers that were in place before freetime still work properly but if i pick them up i can't put them back down. So now only some of my custom dressers allow me to change to whatever or plan outfits. Is there a fix for this?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:52 pm
I'd suggest that if you have any clothing hacks or custom dressers that you remove* them from your downloads folder and then run the game to see if it makes any difference. (Don't save when you close the game) If it does then one of the files you removed is causing the problem. If it doesn't go away then remove* your entire downloads folder and run the game to see if the problem has gone. If it has, then something in your downloads folder is causing the error and you will have to slowly add a few back at a time until you find the culprit. If the error is still there then you will probably need to reinstall Free Time.

*Just move the files or the entire Downloads folder to your desktop. No need to delete anything unless you find it is causing problems.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

malice_dear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:32 pm
well my custom racks work and i've done that still nothing. Actually on this computer i hadn't put custom content in yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:58 pm
If you have ANY global mods or game-altering hacks, then that could be why.  

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers