Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]
[PRP] It's Been a Long Time (Sepoko, Ilori, Misae)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

underthered

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:30 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As soon as he could hear the wash of the ocean and see the arching cliffs he knew they were close. He picked up the pace--probably to Ilori's chagrin--because, god... they'd been walking so far, for so long; now that they were so close, what Sepoko wanted more than anything was to reach the shoreline and the pridal lands before sunset. It would be a pain to have to make camp for the night so close to their destination.

Never before had Sepoko so felt like he was racing time itself. It really shouldn't feel like so much of a rush to him; he had all the time in the world. But what Sepoko wanted more than anything now was to be home. He wanted to be with the very first people who would truly accept him, he wanted to see his mother again, he wanted to share all the stories of his travels with these people, and he wanted to introduce them to his beloved Ilori and make him a part of them.

And as they arrived upon the beach, the sun was beginning to cast an orange glow over the sands--its dying light. He stood on the sand, looked about at the tide and the cliffs and wondered where everybody was. He'd expect them to be out dancing and singing about now. "Hello!" he called. "Is anybody here?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:43 am
Idle days had passed. Her first litter were adults now, with all the troubles and benefits that brought them, and her second litter of babies were growing up fast too. She could smell it in the air, in the wind... the winds of change would come soon, and just like Hadithi had talked to Panu, passing his responsibility upon their once wayward son, she would have a talk with their... other son. Yes; a talk was indeed in order.

That could wait though. At least till morning.

Yawning wide, the lioness stretched herself upon the sand, allowing her claws to peep out into the open before she retracted them, pulling herself up, no doubt to go back to the cove the pride shared. The ocean climate could get rather cold during night, and the pride found it pleasing to huddle together in the same cave, as much for warmth as for companionship. Misae found she rather looked forward to the pleasant evenings they'd spend together, simply telling stories and singing songs. As of late, there were a few new lions that had fully joined them, travellers and some, from other prides, like Nerida.

Smiling to herself, she began to pad towards the jungle, intent on going on finding the path that lead to the cove in question. She was stopped as she heard a call from the near distance however, and pausing mildly, Misae raised her head, piercing red eyes gleaming in an attempt to see whom was approaching. The figures in the distance were not familiar; at least... not upon first glance. It took the pale lioness a couple of moments to recognise Sepoko, whom she'd met moons ago, when he was still young, "Ah," she breathed softly, smiling as she out from the vegetation and to the sand, "Sepoko; I thought you'd left. Gone with the wind, boy."

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:14 pm
User Image

Ilori was excited. He had never seen the sea before. He had never heard it, and it was fantastic. The sights, the sounds, the... everything. It was fantastic! And then Sepoko went and took off. Ilori understood the enthusiasm, of course... but that didn't stop him from taking his time, letting Sepoko run ahread and be excited. He just padded along behind, always making sure that his mate wasn't far from his sight, but he was a little further behind.

And then he saw the lioness. He grinned when he saw that she knew Sepoko, and he didn't seem nervous or frightened, so he assumed that she was likely a friend from the pride. Excellent! His day was only serving to get better and better. He was about to meet his new family... and he supposed that Sepoko's mother was bound to be about as well! All the better!

"Sepoko! Wait up!" He called, knowing this lioness would not know him. So at the very least, he could let her know that he was there with someone she knew. He didn't want any misunderstandings. Not with the pride he wanted to be a part of... Gods, he could hardly believe how excited he was.

Not quite excited enough to run... but, well, excited.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:50 am
Sepoko grinned ear to ear, half for the sight of Misae again, still in good health and good heart, and of the sound of Ilori trudging along steadily behind him. He was between worlds, it seemed; the world he had come from and the world he would belong to. And they were merging. All was perfect.

Though he knew it unneccessary due to the familial nature of the pride, Sepoko couldn't help but bow down to the lady. He could never escape his manners. "Not forever. Even the winds have to return when they change course." He rose to his feet once more. "And how is the Wimbolinda today? And your family? Oh... and my mother. Have you seen my mother lately?" He frowned a bit here. "I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions..." He really couldn't help himself, though. He'd been gone so long... he was sure much had to have changed. Particularly he needed to know how his mother was faring; he feared for her loneliness. Sure, he knew his mother was a loner... but she hadn't been without him for so long before.

As he heard Ilori's cry he glanced back to see him finally catching up and smiled fondly on him. "I'm here, I'm here... relax," he told him. Returning his attentions to the queen, he said, "Misae, I'd like you to meet Ilori. 'Lori..." He glanced back to Ilori once more. "This is Misae. She is... well, she is the queen of these lands."

underthered

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff