Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply *♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*
Urewa

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
iRemlap generated a random number between 1 and 1000000 ... 491710!

iRemlap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:43 pm
here is the first part i have written of a story i am writing called urewa it is a made up name but it sounds cool...

Urewa

prolouge
Finding out your son is a Urewa mustn’t be easy. Urewa are people who have matter altering powers. Jiro, one of the most normal ninth grade boys finds out he’s one of them.

Chapter 1
I woke up to my normal boring alarm clock and went down the stairs and had the same normal boring breakfast I have every morning, tost and a half glass of milk. Mom was reading some parenting magazine and dad was casually reading the newspaper. I grabbed my second slice of toast and strolled out the door with my school bag in my right hand and my half-eaten slice of toast in the other.

First through fourth period were all boring, write an essay here do a report there. Is that all the teachers do!?!?!… I walked to my locker and put away my bag, before gathering the scattered parts of my lunch spread throughout my locker. The table I sit at is uninhabited by any other people. Just me sitting alone eating my lunch. Probably because I classify my food by color before eating it. I eat one classification at a time, and I drink between each.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:56 am
Okay, some technical corrections:

~"Prologue" was spelled wrong.
~I believe you mean "an Urewa" not "a."
~"Toast" was spelled wrong.
~"Dad" should be capitalized.
~"Write an essay here, do a report there" you forgot a comma in between "here" and "do."

And now, for my comments on the story itself! ^_^ I like the whole idea of "Urewas." I love making up my own words too. wink I think the whole idea of "Urewas" is original and creative. It's very interesting. The Prologue is sort of short... but I suppose some people prefer writing short prologues. You should try to extend upon it more, though. Try to make it sound mysterious yet exciting, something to pull the reader into the story and want to read more.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

*♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas