Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Heavy Rain

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:26 pm
From CVG:

Still as baffling as it is intriguing, QG's David Cage describes the game as a "different kind of experience, based upon emotions.

"We don't use guns, cars, interfaces, puzzles or enemies. We replace them with emotional involvement and contextual actions and decision making," said Cage.

A short trailer of the game showed the same woman from previously-released screens snooping around a drab-looking house before being chased by a fat, rough-looking nutter wielding a knife.

As the bloke tries to stab you, button icons appear next to his attacking limbs or on objects in the scenery, which you presumably press with haste to trigger an action and avoid having your throat slashed open.

Heavy Rain aims to incite the deepest emotions any videogame has ever managed in its players. "We believe that videogames are no longer reserved for kids and teenagers but that the interactive media is now mature enough to tell more complex stories for an adult audience," said Cage.

"We believe in a game where the player will actually play the story, instead of watching it; where he can be the actor, but also the writer and director at the same time."

The decisions you make throughout the game will make a real difference to the way that events progress, and the way the story is told, promises Cage.

"Although it is rendered in full 3D and fully interactive, we think about it not like a videogame anymore but as a different kind of experience based upon emotions."

As for exactly how it'll play, it's still unclear although we'll be treated to a more extensive showing tomorrow, so check back for more then.

Your thoughts? I'm getting a whole "Broken Sword" vibe here. A similar game which I played that didn't involve the protagonist fighting and such was Shadow of Memories/Shadow of Destiny, which was thouroughly enjoyable. But then again there have been non-fighting games which just plain sucked. I wonder how they will tackle this project, it is intriguing.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:46 pm
Is this by the makers of Indigo Prophecy? I liked Indigo Prophecy (but never finished it) so this game seems kind of interesting, being a current gen Indigo Prophecy.  

Pay Per Cuts

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff