Is Jameta a dork?
  Yes. :D
  Noooooooooo! ;_;
  Coleslaw. :3
View Results

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:56 pm
Okay, so in general, I woudl say I know a decent amount. However, I'm also looking to understand more.

And I am in the dark when it comes to these subjects.

I understand that chakras are points in the body that make me think of a rainbow, but other than that, I'm lost. And with Reiki, I think it's in an correct spelling of:
User Image

So yeah... help. xp I'm really interesting in finding good sides, and even moreso with really good books (I'd actually like to buy something on chakras for my mother heart ).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:39 pm
As far as Reiki goes, it's a method of energy/spiritual healing, which may or may not be used with the chakra system. Reiki was not originally designed for use with the chakras, but it lends itself well to a variety of approaches. Technically, Reiki must be passed from a "Reiki Master" (a person whose training and level of attunement with the reiki energy enables him or her to initiate others into the various levels of attunement which are available for the Reiki system), and many aspects of its use are maintained for use only by those who have the experience and the credentials to use them appropriately. Therefore, any book you read will necessarilly be vague and incomplete, and not very useful without access to a Reiki Master who is willing to initiate you. Alternatively, you may find books which are written by someone who is claiming to have access to "hidden" Reiki techniques, and is willing to unethically spew them all over the reading public- for the price of the book.^_^' I don't think that I would call either one of these a "good" source, but there are several examples of books on Reiki which are available. I even own a few, though I haven't read them all.^_^

Is there something in particular you're looking for, regarding Reiki, or was that just a random tangent?^_^

As far as the chakras go, they are energy centers which function kind of like a spiritual version of our circulatory system. The chakras themselves (pronounced "shock-ra") are like a cross between an energy vortex and a valve, through which energy either enters and exits the body (this is usually the case of the crown and root chakras, located at the top of the head and the base of the spine, respectively), or through which energy is regulated and directed toward the rest of the body. Each chakra also has several specific functions which are attributed to it- in this case, you might think of them as the "organs" of our spiritual body, each carrying out some important life function.

Those functions can be found pretty widely on the internet, and it's getting late here- so I'll leave it to you to look them up, or for someone else to answer. If no one else steps forward, I'll get back to expanding upon this later- but the chakra system is not my favorite one to work with, so I feel like someone else might be able to do it more justice.  

WebenBanu

Rakei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:23 am
You're such a dork sweet Jameta. blaugh

Reiki is a form of chinese healing, Rei- Means something like universe/cosmos, and Ki- *coughdbzcough* Means energy.
I have absolutely no idea how to use it, I'm pretty sure it isn't too different from normal healing, think it's like gathering universal-energy and pushing it into someone without doing anything too it.

Chakra, is seven or eight (depending on where you are/ which religion you're off) centers of energy, these centers rule different things and are given color to show it.
I'll make a short list starting from:
#7) The Crown/Sahasrara- Is a link to the subconcious mind, spirituality.
Color: white/purple.
Element: Fire.
Place: At the top of your head.
#6) The third eye/Ajna- Is a way to see the astralplane, to see that which isn't normal.
Color: Indigo/violet.
Element(s): Air/Fire.
Place: Between the eyes/eyebrows.
#5) Throat chakra/Vishuddi- Controls the intelect, communication.
Color: Deep Blue.
Element: Air
Place: Throat.
#4) Heart chakra/Anahata- Governs feelings, such as compassion, love, empathy.
Color: Deep Green.
Element(s): Earth/Water.
Place: In your ribcage over your heart.
#3) Solar Plexus/Minapura- Controls your inner balance/physical feelings.
Color: Yellow.
Element(s): Earth/Fire.
Place: Solar Plexus.
#2) Harachakra/ Svadhistana- Controls sex. (menstral cycle, meditate orange energy to soothe pains)
Color: Orange.
Element(s): Earth/Air.
Place: An inch below your navel.
#1) Root Chakra/Muladhara- Link to the earth, to the Goddess.
Color: Deep Red.
Element: Earth.
Place: Pelvic area.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:38 pm
I've heard that it's kinda like channelling divine energy. The nice lady who ran the pagan store near my house before it clsoed had second degree reiki training, so was a good source I believe.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:34 pm
Rakei
Reiki is a form of chinese healing, Rei- Means something like universe/cosmos, and Ki- *coughdbzcough* Means energy.
I have absolutely no idea how to use it, I'm pretty sure it isn't too different from normal healing, think it's like gathering universal-energy and pushing it into someone without doing anything too it.

It's actually Japanese^_^- the person who was originally awakened to reiki energy was Usui-sensei, first name Mikao. He was attuned to the reiki energy and received its principles and initiation symbols during a meditation near the top of Mt. Kurama, near Kyoto. Specific details of the story seem to vary depending on who's telling it, but those parts remain the same.

Rakei is pretty accurate about the use of Reiki- basically a Reiki attunement opens you as a channel to a very specific kind of energy, which we call reiki (little "r") or "universal life force energy"). It can then be directed into one's own body, or the bodies of others, as a healing force. It works on both physical and emotional ailments- and it seems to work on afflictions of other areas of the subtle body as well- and it is an "intelligent" energy, meaning that all you really need to do is to open a conduit to the body being healed, and the body will generally soak up as much of the energy as it can process and the energy itself seems to spread to where ever it is most needed. Of course, this also means that you might perform a healing for one reason, but the reiki decides to go somewhere else because there is another problem which is more pressing, but of which the client and the healer are unaware (or about which the client did not want to ask). So not much direction is needed, although there are several hand positions which are taught in order to allow the healer and the patient to focus on a specific area, because people like to do that. It makes them feel like they're doing something.^_^

Reiki is not the only kind of energy healing system out there- many people do energetic healing without a Reiki attunement. Reiki energy is simply one type of healing energy out there, which has its own set of merits and system of use.

Reiki is taught in a three degree system- First Degree is your general practitioner. These people have received an attunement which gives them access to the reiki energy, and instruction in how to use it to benefit themselves and others. Second Degree is an advanced practitioner- these people have received a second attunement which gives them access to more advanced Reiki healing methods and a greater understanding of the system, which allows them to reach out to more people. Third Degree is your Reiki Master- these people have received the third and final attunement, which aligns them so closely with the reiki energy that they are able to use very advanced techniques and can open other people as conduits for the reiki energy. I'm a Reiki First Degree- that's enough for me to use it, and so far I don't seem to need anything more.^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:53 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
I've heard that it's kinda like channelling divine energy. The nice lady who ran the pagan store near my house before it closed had second degree reiki training, so was a good source I believe.

That's a good description- the most important thing to remember about reiki energy is that it's the reiki which does the healing, not us. We're just channels for the energy. Too bad that store closed down- those kinds of places are difficult to come by as it is, it's disappointing when one of them disappears.

I've seen some Reiki, or Reiki-esque systems, which compare the power of reiki to the sxm (sekhem) of Skhmt. One even seems to claim that the system originated in ancient Egypt (lol).^_^' I've spoken with a more experienced daughter of Skhmt, who is also a Reiki Master, on this subject- she feels that the sxm energy is different from the reiki, but that when she first started learning, Skhmt had wanted her to learn Reiki first as it's a great way to learn how to use energetic healing systems. Mostly because you can't actually hurt someone with Reiki- even if you screw up.^_~ The "Egyptian Reiki" systems aren't traditional, of course, but naturally they hold some interest for me.

New Reiki systems are about as prevalent as all the new traditions of Wicca which keep popping up everywhere- with many of the same problems. The original one has come to be called Usui Reiki-do ("the way of Usui Reiki"), in order to distinguish it as the original. Many others branch out, some alter the origin story, some add on new techniques, some incorporate props such as chakras or crystals... well, you get the idea. Reiki is a very flexible system- it works well in combination with many other systems. I'd recommend anyone who is looking to learn Reiki to the original system first, if at all possible, and then explore other branches as you feel the urge. Then again, Reiki Masters aren't always easy to come by, so if one shows up and offers an attunement, I'd probably take it. There should be some sort of exchange involved- either money or labor, usually- to ensure that the student actually values the knowledge and is willing to give something in exchange for it, but if you're presented with the opportunity you should definitely look into it. It's a wonderful resource to have, and to share.

In fact, here's a schedule of Reiki Classes which are taught around the world, in the original system. There are other classes not listed on this page, so keep an eye out if you don't find it here, but these classes are taught by certified instructors, and you can be pretty sure they'll be legit. You might take a look through that page- I suggest using the "Find on this page..." function to search for your state abbreviation, as the page is rather long.  

WebenBanu

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:10 pm
WebenBanu
Is there something in particular you're looking for, regarding Reiki, or was that just a random tangent?^_^
Just something I've been meaning to know the meaning of. blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:24 am
Jameta, I will email home and get a list of books for you. My aunt runs a shop and she really pushes things like reiki and chakras, and I have a cousin who is a reiki master.

I'd add my trivial two cents on the subject, but for the extent that I know, it's already been covered.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:52 pm
Gypsy Blue
Jameta, I will email home and get a list of books for you. My aunt runs a shop and she really pushes things like reiki and chakras, and I have a cousin who is a reiki master.

I'd add my trivial two cents on the subject, but for the extent that I know, it's already been covered.
Thanks a lot! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:36 am
I'll probably look into it eventually. Healing is one of the things I want to learn. So far all I can do is channel the Western watchtower to add extra healing energies to my current ones.

I helped fix my aura after someone bit part of it out ^.^ Then again, so did the holy water...

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Amyane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:41 pm
I have not much to add. Although I remember someone saying something somewhere about Reiki being sound healing. o_O

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:37 am
Amyane
I have not much to add. Although I remember someone saying something somewhere about Reiki being sound healing. o_O

Hmmm... that's a very interesting idea.^_^ But perhaps they meant "sound" as in "wholesome, healthy," rather than the kind of sound that you hear? Reiki does have a few symbols with names which some people will use like a mantra for meditation, but by and large Reiki doesn't seem to make much use of the spoken word.  

WebenBanu

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff