Breaking Dawn Epic Fail petition

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sign the petition?
  No Thanks, I Loved BD
  Yeah, I have issues with BD
  Thought BD wasn't my favorite, I won't sign it.
View Results

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:23 pm
Just thought I'd share this......

I was on youtube again and I was watching Touj0ursPur BD review #10 (recommended to watch reviews 1-9 under the username TechNBailey (same girl with NoMoreMarbles a.k.a Bailey))
And she posted a link to a Breaking Dawn fail petition. I know some people here LOVE BD so you don't have to look at the link, but I thought I'd share it with the people who

A.) have mixed feelings

or

B.) Hate the book. period.

I for one have come to the conclusion that BD was all wrong for the most part and we deserved better. While I still love Steph, I signed it. I don't want to bash Steph, that's just how I feel. And I didn't agree with all petions explainations, but It covered most of them.

BD Failed Petition  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:23 pm
surprised

Well, I have a explaination for the question why Bella didn't act like a normal newborn.

She hated blood when she was a human.

Of course, turning into a vampire, she'd have to drink blood. But because she faints at the sight of it when she was human, isn't it right to assume that she has a more better control than the others?  

WineChan

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:09 pm
Kittycharm
surprised

Well, I have a explaination for the question why Bella didn't act like a normal newborn.

Of course, turning into a vampire, she'd have to drink blood. But because she faints at the sight of it when she was human, isn't it right to assume that she has a more better control than the others?

It's not like Bella drank less blood as a vamp though. She had the same thrist, but she controlled it better with logic, not the hate for blood. So I don't think that's a fair explaination. And when she was preg with Renesmee, she was throwing back blood like it was nothing- as a human i might add...yet she used to faint at the sight of blood. Yeah, she wanted to do what was good for "the little nudger", but that type of psychologial phobia doesn't just go away- especially when it was so bad. I just think it was a cop out. The only explaination for her non newborn ways was that she was psychologly (i can't spell) stronger. But that whole, "She hated blood as a human" doesn't apply because she liked blood as a vamp.

Edit:// I just thought- pregnancy cravings can make you eat (drink) almost anything. But I still think she should've had some stuggle (even a little) when she was first turned.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:10 pm
I read on one interview with Stephenie that the reason Bella was no regular newborn is because she has so much time to mentally prepare for what was coming. All the others were changed without knowing what was going on, Bella on the other hand had about two years (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was about two. . .) to prepare herself for what was coming. She knew what would happen to her and she knew what she would be like. She was ready.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:52 pm
The blood wasn't a phobia... she was just nausiated by the smell of it. It just made her sick. If it was a phobia then she would have run like the whips of hell were on her tail. whee

Anyways, I do somewhat agree that BD was a bit like a fanfiction, but I still liked it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:57 pm
Rin Kairiu
The blood wasn't a phobia... she was just nausiated by the smell of it. It just made her sick. If it was a phobia then she would have run like the whips of hell were on her tail. whee

Anyways, I do somewhat agree that BD was a bit like a fanfiction, but I still liked it.

okay your right about the phobia bit, but my point still goes- she didn't like blood. And as a vampire, the previous human "I dont like blood" doesn't apply.  

Aqua Anjel

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:01 pm
Oh, I know that... I was just making a clarification.

Also, I think why she actually liked the blood, while pregnant, was because of how the baby was affecting her body. It changed how she normally reacted to it, and pregnancy does that to you... gives you wierd cravings and stuff... like the eggs, lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:36 am
My main problem with breaking dawn was how much I feel Leah should have found some happiness. I was all happy when she and Jacob started to get on and understand each other a little more, and then she was sort of left again, at least that's what it felt like to me. sad  

Cassification

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:28 pm
Cassification
My main problem with breaking dawn was how much I feel Leah should have found some happiness. I was all happy when she and Jacob started to get on and understand each other a little more, and then she was sort of left again, at least that's what it felt like to me. sad

some Leah happiness would've been nice...^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:22 pm
You are just SICK to want to put Stephenie through more pain! Jeez if you don't like it don't read it but stop slamming Stephenie!!!!!!!  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:24 pm
Oh and by the way petitions are so things can be CHANGED the book HAS BEEN OUT it CAN'T BE CHANGED so a "pettition" is pointless!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:01 pm
Wow..that was a really good uh..well lack for a better word, rant. Kudos to whoever wrote that. I whole heartedly agree with everything she/he said.  

KiraLight
Crew

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:08 am
Thanks biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:07 am
What the hell is the point, exactly?
It's not like it will make ANY difference. They can't exactly UNpublish it.
So the whole idea is just idiotic.  

Spring and Summer

Spring and Summer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:13 am
Aqua Anjel
Kittycharm
surprised

It's not like Bella drank less blood as a vamp though. She had the same thrist, but she controlled it better with logic, not the hate for blood. So I don't think that's a fair explaination. And when she was preg with Renesmee, she was throwing back blood like it was nothing- as a human i might add...yet she used to faint at the sight of blood. Yeah, she wanted to do what was good for "the little nudger", but that type of psychologial phobia doesn't just go away- especially when it was so bad. I just think it was a cop out. The only explaination for her non newborn ways was that she was psychologly (i can't spell) stronger. But that whole, "She hated blood as a human" doesn't apply because she liked blood as a vamp.

Edit:// I just thought- pregnancy cravings can make you eat (drink) almost anything. But I still think she should've had some stuggle (even a little) when she was first turned.

Even as a human, Bella had sort of a protective force around her mind, obvious proof that her mind never has and never will work like anyone elses. Did you miss the part in the book where everyone is in awe at the fact that she is so controlled? So it's not like it was taken lightly in the book, and it's proof that it isn't natural and that no one knows why she can do that.  
Breaking Dawn

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games