Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you suffer from the Rob Effect?
  yeah, I was shocked but now I'm okay
  still hating it >_<
View Results

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:37 pm
Okay, this an older interview but I'm bored and I want to know people's opinions. In this Interview (Interview #1) Stephenie basically says that people didn't like Breaking Dawn because it wasn't what they expected to happen and they just have to "get use to it" before they like it.

Everyone remembers when Rob was cast and people hated him as Edward, but warmed up to him later with interviews and seeing movie scenes. Well She thinks it the same for Breaking Dawn.

Is this fair logic? Does it hold true for YOU (yes, I'm pointing at you lol)?

EW Interview  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:00 pm
Poor Rob kept getting hate mail the first few months but now most people are liking him more and more. At least he's nicer than this one British dude I knew. Jerk. [Nothing against Brits, just that guy at my school] Anyways back to Rob. He, from the beginning was my Edward. Never have I said anything negative about him because I love him as an actor. I defended him on Gaia as much as I could in a polite non-rude/arguing way of course. ^.^ Anyways I can't wait to see him or well Edward come to life on 11.21.08~!

I think the same thing is going on with Breaking Dawn. Most sites gave it a horrible review that it hurt to even read another one. I think that since everyone had high hopes for what they WANTED to happen and waited for it so long, anxiously, when the real thing came, everyone was shocked.

I didn't except anything that happened to well happen besides the Wedding. [Which was beautiful] Anyways only time can tell really. If people like it or not is their opinion. But as like I said time goes on, I've notice that more and more sites are bringing more positive reviews about BD.

I agree with what you said. I also understand what SM said that people will have to get used to it and it's true. I had my own Cullen child in my head as Edward and Bella's daughter for months, planning to use her in my fan fics. but never got to it. Heh heh... It took me a week to get used to Renesmee because at first I was like, "WTH?!" but now I think she's ADORABLE! whee

Dark_Legend94

Friendly Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200

WineChan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:09 pm
Aqua Anjel
Okay, this an older interview but I'm bored and I want to know people's opinions. In this Interview (Interview #1) Stephenie basically says that people didn't like Breaking Dawn because it wasn't what they expected to happen and they just have to "get use to it" before they like it.

Everyone remembers when Rob was cast and people hated him as Edward, but warmed up to him later with interviews and seeing movie scenes.

EW Interview

I don't think casting Robert was wrong.....how can people blame him, just because he got this part in one movie?!? That's very judgemental, and rude.

But I do think it's fair that he read the book. At least now we know that he knows how Edward is supposed to be. If he had no idea how to do Edward, how did he even get the part the first place?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:01 pm
Kittycharm
Aqua Anjel

Everyone remembers when Rob was cast and people hated him as Edward, but warmed up to him later with interviews and seeing movie scenes.

EW Interview

I don't think casting Robert was wrong.....how can people blame him, just because he got this part in one movie?!? That's very judgemental, and rude.

But I do think it's fair that he read the book. At least now we know that he knows how Edward is supposed to be. If he had no idea how to do Edward, how did he even get the part the first place?
We're talking about BD not Rob.
But Robert and Kristen did a scene together on Catherine's bed and Catherine liked their chemistry. But that's a whole different subject.  

Aqua Anjel

WineChan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:15 pm
Aqua Anjel
Kittycharm
Aqua Anjel

EW Interview

We're talking about BD not Rob.
But Robert and Kristen did a scene together on Catherine's bed and Catherine liked their chemistry. But that's a whole different subject.
Oops. Sorry sweatdrop .  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:10 am
I re-read Breaking Dawn this week. (After all this time) And suprisingly i liked it.

I thought it was rushed, poorly written, too fan fiction-y... etc. etc.

But it took me a week to read it this time, and since i read it with time between i guess i was able to more to look at it from a different perspective. I still think the fight scene could be bettered though, a fight would've proven unnecessary after hearing SM's point of view. But maybe if there was more conflict in the mixture? To be honest i think i'm liking it now, but it isn't my favourite in the series.  

xXserenitys-smileXx

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:05 pm
I think my favorite part of the book was the middle where it was all in Jacob's POV. I especially loved the abnormally long titles to the chapters compared to the one's in Bella's POV. rofl

I liked the book the first time though, though it do agree it was a tad fan fictiony.

Also... where does eveyone get the Twilight sigs? I wnat them... whee  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:09 pm
I guess it holds true for me a little bit.
I had already accepted the pregnancy and everything before I had finished the book, but when Bella first realized she missed her period I could not, would not believe she was pregnant. I thought Stephenie was pulling some crazy, sick joke, and this was not a pregnancy but some other crazy event that no one would ever expect (which it did turn out to be anyways). But as soon as we got into Jacob's part of the story and he saw she was indeed pregnant, I accepted it. It did seem like a strange way to take the story to me, but whatever, this was how it was meant to happen and even if I think it's completely crazy, it's not like that would change anything, just because I think that's a strange turn of events isn't going to make Stephenie write a new book and put out a recall for Breaking Dawn. No, this is how it's going to happen, nothing is ever going to change. So I had to accept it, or I would have spent the whole time reading it criticizing it and enjoying it like I did.

But I fully believe in the Rob Effect. Mainly because I did indeed suffer from the Rob Effect when he was chosen to play Edward. I was one of those people who hated him. I thought they made one of the worst casting calls ever, I couldn't believe they chose him. Then I saw pictures of him as Edward, and I started to think that maybe he could pull this off, maybe he was a good choice. Then I saw the second trailer and I have now fully accepted him. He has 100% of my trust for this movie. I think he will do a fantastic job and I fully believe he was an excellent casting call (talk about 180s!)

I think people just need to take sometime to accept Breaking Dawn. Read it a few more times, let it grow on you!

(God! I write so much! Does anyone actually read these long explanations I post!?)

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:22 pm
Lol, I read them. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:15 pm
Personally, when I heard the interview a week ago, I was kind of insulted with some of the things she said, the 'Rob Effect' one of them. I still highly dislike BD and am not planning on reading it again for a long time. It was like a poorly written fanfiction with tons of grammatical and spelling errors. I wanted to throw my book across the room at multiple parts in the novel too. S.Meyer has definitely gone down on my top authors to read list.

I know some of you may think I'm being harsh, but I'm only sharing my opinion, keep that in mind.  

Jeweled_raven

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

iJasper Hale

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:51 pm
well to be honest, I loved it the first time I read it. I know there are some parts that could have been better, but I still liked it. My favorite part, was probably the same as stephanie's, it was awesome seeing jacob's point of view.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:50 pm
I still hate Rob but I never hated BD so I don't think this applies in the reverse case like mine but for all I know it does... I just don't see how it could... confused  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

Breaking Dawn

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces